Chapter 23

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 23

 

 

“Hello, beautiful.” She whispered in her ears.

 

Gyuri turned her body hastily to look at the owner, readying herself to slap the unknown person whispering to her ear. Her expression changed as her lips suddenly curved to smile, sweetly, after seeing the person in front of her. Gyuri slapped her arm.

 

“Yah! You almost shock the hell out of me. I thought there was a ert at my back.”

 

Eunjung laughed, taking off her shades. “Because you’re so busy looking at nowhere.”

 

“That’s because I waiting for you but you’re late.”

 

“I’m sorry, I came from the office. You know, starting my life as an employee again after vacationing for a month. And I took a half day just to meet you, so you owe me.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. You lazy monster.” She mocked. Gyuri tilted her head, staring at her. “Now that I’m looking at you, how come I forgot how hot you are?”

 

Eunjung raised her eyebrows. “Ms. Park, tell me what you like instead of putting all flattering words in my ears.”

 

Gyuri laughed. “I’m serious, Jungie. You look great! I mean, you didn’t change a bit, you’re still charming.” She looked at her up and down, while folding her arms on her chest. “No wonder you had five girlfriends in LA. Tell me after I left, did the count continue?”

 

“You know me, Ms. Park. I can ignore them, but I can’t stop them chasing me. My magnetic charm just drew them in me.”

 

Gyuri chuckled. “I don’t remember my Jungie before being a womanizer. What happened to you?” She punched her.

 

“Nothing.” She averted her eyes. “Anyway, where’s my hug? I missed you. A lot.”

 

Gyuri shook her head while hugging Eunjung tightly. She smiled, gently. “I missed you too.” She patted her back then pulling back from the hug. “Is Monggeulie already here too?”

 

“Yes, Soyeon unnie brought him with her.” Eunjung took her hand to walk. “By the way, what’s our agenda today? You always are calling me about this proposal of yours. I’m thinking of it and—.”

 

Eunjung’s words interrupted when Gyuri’s phone ringing. Gyuri pulled her hand off from holding her; she picked her phone out from her bag, answering it quickly. Eunjung heard her talking about the designs and a company with her. She raised her eyebrows, guessing who Gyuri was talking. She turned her back on her, for a moment, checking the place and the street they’re currently in. Gangnam changed a bit from what I remembered… She thought. Eunjung felt Gyuri poking her on the shoulder.

 

“Are we going now?”

 

“Yes. But I have something to tell you. The one who called was my client, uhm… our client to be exact.”

 

“What? Ours?”

 

“Yes. I’m sorry Eunjung but I did say to him that you’re going to design, I mean renovate his house while I’m going to focus at the interior.”

 

“What?!”

 

“I’m sorry.” She clasped her hands. “You took so long to contact me and he demanded to me to get an architect otherwise he will give it to others. And I don’t like that to happen. I already saw the house, and I like it. So please, Jungie? I’ll pay this favor to you soon.”

 

Eunjung stared at her, sighing. “Fine. But I won’t promise I will take this project that fast. I still need to see the house first and talk this client to what kind of design or what concept he thought would be suited for his taste. If we couldn’t agree in terms or his schedule would turn difficult for me because I have work too, then I’ll reject it. Okay?”

 

Gyuri smile, widely, raising her thumbs up. “Okay, Jungie-yah! Thank you baby~” She puckered her lips to her.

 

“Argh… don’t call me like that.” She shivered, walking away.

 

----

 

“Eunjung, c’mon that’s him.” Gyuri said, walking fast.

 

Eunjung’s gaze flew to the man who was sitting alone at the round table for four in the right side part of the restaurant not far from the glass window. The man, who was talking on his phone, lifted his head hearing Gyuri called him. He immediately hung up, putting down his phone to stand up just to welcome Gyuri with his open arms. Eunjung stopped walking, thinking that the man was rather familiar to her but she couldn’t pinpoint when and where exactly she saw him.

 

He was wearing blue polo long sleeves that he rolled up to his arm, brown slacks and black suede leather shoes. She silently walked near them, giving her the freedom to observe him more. The man gave a different aura that she couldn’t find to any man she met, not even to Soohyun. He seemed quiet, slim, white skin, short hair with bangs covering his forehead, and a pointed nose.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry we’re late.” Gyuri apologized, slightly hugging him. “We took so long finding this restaurant. I hope you didn’t wait for us that long.”

 

“Ah, no Gyuri-yah it’s okay.” He put his hands on his pockets. “You know me, I have so much patience.”

 

“Thank you. Uhm, oppa, this is Ham Eunjung, the architect that I’ve been telling you that can help me design your house.” Gyuri turned to her. “Eunjung, this is Kim Jong Woon, my client.”

 

Eunjung looked at him, noticing his brown eyes and the gentle smile he was giving out to her. Eunjung always thought Gyuri’s client was an old man nearing to retire from his work to just relax to his newly built house. But seeing the man’s younger appearance right in front of her was the proof that she thought the opposite. Heck, he maybe the same age as them too. Eunjung thought halted when she saw him extended his hand to her.

 

“Nice meeting you at last, Architect. Gyuri here always talks about you.”

 

She smiled forcefully, reaching his hand. “I hope it was a good thing. And it’s nice to meet you too, Mr. Kim.”

 

“Of course!” Gyuri butted in. “I never said something bad about you, my dear.”

 

Jong Woon laughed. “C’mon girls, please be seated. I’m sorry that I’ve been so demanded to both of you about this project, Gyuri-yah. I just wanted to start this soon.” He looked really apologetic. “Uhm, by the way, what drinks do you want? I can order it now.”

 

“Can I see the pictures of your house? I’m sure you already readied it for us to see.” Eunjung asked. As much as possible, she doesn’t want stay longer at that restaurant. She needed to know that fast if she can accept the project or not. Truthfully, it was weird for her too, but the longer she stays there, the heavy she’s feeling inside. She unconsciously played her shades, touching the embossed brand name.

 

The man stopped in his tracks, smiling softly. He pulled out the pictures of his old house from the envelope on the table. “These. I did what you told me, Gyuri. I took pictures of every spot.”

 

The two reached and Eunjung put aside her shades on the table and carefully observed the pictures. She admitted that the old house was beautiful. It was a type of home that once you looked outside, you could feel the homey feeling it brings. Then what more if you’re inside? Now she knows why Gyuri fell in love with the house. And Eunjung couldn’t comprehend why the man chose to renovate it instead.

 

“Oppa, I love your family house. Why you need to change it?”

 

Eunjung smiled, secretly. As always, Gyuri and she have the same thought. She was just asked what she was curious to ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter