Chapter 26

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Let’s tackle about friendship. And pardon from any mistakes.

 

 

II

 

Chapter 26

 

 

Eunjung walked home from her school, whistling while playing the baseball gloves that her best friend Jangwoo gave, after she watched their practice game. She was on her 5th grade and Eunjung’s favorite past time was to watch him playing baseball. It always piqued her interest; if only she could join and play it too, she would.

 

As Eunjung was walking, she saw a group of girls on her age too running towards her. She quickly came to side, avoiding them but one girl ran up to her, bumping to her intentionally before sticking her tongue out to her. Eunjung frowned, she knows them; kids from her school too, known for being influential and intimidating. She eyed them run on the other side of the street, before heaving a sigh of relief. Eunjung decided to continue her walking when she saw them knocked another student that wearing glasses. The student tripped and landed on the ground as her glasses went flying about some feet away from her, before they left her. Eunjung’s heart clenched with pity and ran over to her. She put her gloves on the ground, reaching her hand to help.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

The girl looked up to Eunjung, crying. “My g-glasses…”

 

Eunjung found it not that far. She immediately picked it from the ground, giving to her. “Here.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“Can you stand?” She asked. Eunjung’s young heart covered with tenderness and sadness seeing the girl’s small face stained with tears.

 

The girl nodded, slowly standing up from kneeling on the ground. She wiped her tears. “T-Thank you.” She timidly whispered.

 

“Ah! You have scratches on your knee!”

 

“I-It’s okay.” The girl tried to pull down the end of her school skirt onto her knee. “M-My mom will treat this.” She picked her books that scattered on the ground when the other kids pushed her.

 

Eunjung frowned, pouting; she felt from her heart that she has obligated to help. That was what her father had told her— help whoever needed her help— friend or not as long as she can and it’s for the good. Eunjung watched her arranging her books to her bag now. Eunjung smiled widely when she already thought how to assist her; she took her gloves and run to hold the girl’s hand, pulling her.

 

“Come with me! Our house is near and my Mom will help you treat your scratch.”

 

“Wah!”

 

Eunjung ignored the slight shock from the other girl. She excitedly held tightly her arm.

 

“B-But—.”

 

Eunjung turned to her, smiling while running. “Don’t worry my Mom is kind.”

 

“B-But I-I don’t know you.”

 

Eunjung immediately stopped from running, facing the girl. “Sorry!” She scratched her head. “I’m Ham Eunjung! And I’m ready to help you!” She raised her right hand to salute and wink, showing her big smile.

 

The girl was taken aback. opened to speak but her eyes just focused to the sincere smile she was ever seen.

 

“T-Thank you.” Her face flushed while looking down. “I’m P-Park Sunyoung…”

 

“Nice meeting you, Sunyoung and I’ll be your friend from now on!”

 

----

 

Hyomin put down her drink while peeking on her phone. She was waiting for thirty minutes now and the person who she has to meet still not messaging or call her, if she still has to wait for another minutes or not. Hyomin tapped her fingers on the counter table while looking outside, trying to see her at another waves of people crossing on the pedestrian lane in front of the coffee shop she was in. She sighed, frustration all over her from not seeing her friend even the end of her hair. Okay! That’s it! I’m out of here; you won’t make Park Sunyoung wait… She just sipped her drink one last time and ready to shoulder her bag when a hand tapped her shoulder.

 

“Hyomin-ah!”

 

She was shocked, turning to look at her. “Sso unni—.” She couldn’t continue her words, noticing the person standing behind Soyeon. She clenched her jaw.

 

Soyeon was aware at the sudden change of Hyomin’s expression; she cleared . “Hyomin-ah, I invite Jungie like the others.”

 

Hyomin frowned. “Like the others? I thought we’re just the two of us?”

 

“Hmm… yeah. But Qri called and wanted to meet me too so I thought to meet the both of you at the same time. And it’s more enjoyable if the others will join.”

 

Hyomin balled her fist. She has an idea that Qri was planned all of this to happen. Why can’t you just stop, Qri-yah?

 

“Um… Soyeon unnie, I think Qri and Boram unnie already outside.” Eunjung cut in.

 

“They are here now, Hyomin-ah. Let’s go!”

 

“Where are we going by the way?” She asked, standing from the stool. Hyomin shouldered her bag, disregarding the other person’s presence.

 

“Originally, Boram wanted us to hang out on her apartment but, since Qri wants to bring Hyojin, I guess we can’t or surely the child will throw tantrums. And I heard Qri was—.”

 

Hyomin smiled, knowing Hyojin was with Qri. She walked fast first heading to the entrance, paying no attention to Soyeon’s words anymore. She was too excited to see Hyojin outside.

 

----

 

“Yah! Sunyoungie—.” Eunjung closed again when her friend’s glare directed on her. She knew how Hyomin hated to be called from her real name since they both reach middle school. That’s why she and Jangwoo learned to call her Hyomin. When and where Sunyoung did got her ‘new’ name that was a mystery from them.

 

“I-I mean Hyomin-ah, what are you doing?”

 

“Nothing.” Hyomin closed her notebook and put back the cap of her pen on. “What do you need?”

 

Eunjung shook her head. “I’m just bored and have nothing to do. Jangwoo is busy with his student council thing.” She sat beside her.

 

Hyomin stayed staring at her.

 

“What?”

 

“How did you know I’m here?”

 

Eunjung chuckled. “You know I could always find you.” She said. “By the way, why are you always sitting here? What’s the cool thing about this place?”

 

“Nothing. I just love here.”

 

“Yah! Don’t tell me you’re back from being the loner!”

 

Hyomin rolled her eyes. “Who told you I’m a loner?”

 

“Then what are you doing every time you’re here?”

 

Eunjung looked around. Well the place was good, under the tree behind their school building. The wind was cool that everyone else could relax completely if only there was no class ahead. Then Eunjung interest was centered on someone sitting not far from where they were sitting. She knew that snob pretty girl who has a weird name.

 

“Hyomin-ah…”

 

“Hmm…”

 

“Was that Churi?”

 

“Who?” Hyomin furrowed.

 

“Churi.”

 

“Churi?”

 

Eunjung lips twisted. “Aish! That girl sitting over there, she’s Churi, right?” She pointed the other girl by her lips.

 

Hyomin glanced and she was dumbfounded for a moment before bursting into laughter. “Yah! Her name wasn’t Churi. HAHAHA…”

 

“B-But I heard from the others…”

 

“No, Jungie. It’s Qri. Lee Jihy—.”

 

“How did you know?” She raised her eyebrows.

 

Hyomin face turned white then a crimson tint slowly passes on her skin after. She stood up hastily from her seat on the grass to her friend’s surprise. Eunjung looked up at her, wondering what happened. Hyomin didn’t talk again, instead ran fast while bringing her notebook.

 

“Hyomin-ah, where are you going?!”

 

----

 

Hyomin watched the people playing on the waves from the balcony. She wasn’t expected that Soyeon would bring them to a resort hotel out of Seoul. She didn’t prepare her clothes when she only anticipated having a good talk and simple outing with the girl. Good thing Qri was the one who brought what she needs, obviously her best friend planned quietly and smoothly about that une

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter