Chapter 25

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

II

 

Chapter 25

 

 

Jiyeon excitedly parked her car at the restaurant’s parking. It was noon and her boyfriend called her to join him to have lunch with the people that he has business meeting with. She thought first that it was an appropriate to intrude but Jong Woon said it was okay because they’ve already finished the deal, and he likes her to meet them personally considering one of them was his close friend— a dongsaeng to him.

 

Jiyeon picked up her phone, pressing his number. She waited for him to pick up while tapping her fingers on the steering wheel, smilingly. Jiyeon bit her lower lip, feeling the gush of excitement, hearing the baritone and manliest voice she ever heard, over the phone. Her boyfriend has the iest voice a man could possess to and Jiyeon couldn’t help but to smile at her thought.

 

Jiyeon opened to speak, was going to tell that she was already arrived, when her eyes caught of someone that was very much familiar to her. Her world suddenly stopped at that moment; Jiyeon couldn’t speak while tightly gripping on her phone. Her heartbeat drummed loudly on her chest; she wished her eyes only deceiving her. That was not her. The person out there was not her. She wasn’t true.

 

Ham Eunjung…

 

She was not Ham Eunjung. Ham Eunjung wasn’t sitting there, smiling. Ham Eunjung certainly staying at the US or wherever place she should be, forgetting about them— about her. Most importantly, Ham Eunjung shouldn’t be there at the restaurant, where she and her boyfriend Jong Woon, supposedly meet with his interior designer and an Architect that will—

 

Jiyeon stopped at her thoughts. Why didn’t she think of that? Why didn’t she realize it? She shook her head vehemently. No! It was impossible. The world wasn’t that small, was it? Ham Eunjung and Jong Woon will never ever cross each other’s path. She won’t be Jong Woon’s Archi— her eyes widened when Jiyeon at last noticed Jong Woon sitting in front of the girl she “hated”, holding his phone. Jiyeon swallowed, feeling her body trembled; she wanted to hang up and leave but her boyfriend’s voice halted her.

 

She wasn’t ready. After almost five years, Jiyeon still wasn’t ready to meet her. Her heart ached so much that she wanted to cry at her spot. She wanted to run and forget that she ever saw her. But how could she do that when Jong Woon expecting of her? Oh… God…. she thought.

 

Ham Eunjung, how did you do that? How could you still put smile on your face as if you never hurt anybody? Tell me; teach me— so that I know what I should do when I’m in front of you…

 

Jiyeon hung up, balling up her fists. She stayed on her seat, leaning her head on the steering wheel for minutes, and thinking. Jiyeon eyed the rolled paper in her bag; she sighed. She needed to do this. Maybe that wasn’t what exactly in her mind on how to meet Ham Eunjung again, however, if fate really gave this day to her then she has no choice but to accept it. Because I have to…

 

Jiyeon slowly climbed out of her car; she was nervous, yes. She felt drained, yes. But she won’t be weak again. She exhaled, composing herself. This is it. Let me show you, Eunjung what I have become since you left me… And Jiyeon walked towards the restaurant, confidently.

 

----

 

“What are we doing here, Gyuri-yah?”

 

“I think you need to relax your mind, Jungie after that hell interaction with Jiyeon.” She smirked.

 

“And how does alcohol will help me?”

 

“Jungie, don’t be a pest and just follow what I said.” She slapped her arm.

 

Eunjung laughed.

 

“And how did you discover this place?”

 

“Me and Youngji always hang out here when we need to unwind, to relax.” She sat on the stool, waving at the bartender.

 

Eunjung placed her bag on the counter, sitting beside Gyuri. “Seems you and Youngji are getting too strong.” She smiled.

 

“Yes. We love each other and we trust each other. Our relationship is open to anything.” She said. “What do you like to drink?”

 

“Bourbon, Neat.”

 

Gyuri arched her brow. “Sure?”

 

“What? I’m sitting with a beautiful girl and I want to impress her.” She tittered.

 

Gyuri shook her head, smiling. “You and your flowery words.”

 

Eunjung laughed aloud. She watched Gyuri talking to the bartender that seems very close to her, ordering their drinks.

 

“So, let’s start.”

 

“Start what?”

 

Gyuri rolled her eyes. “You promised me to tell everything to me Jungie. So go. I won’t let you escape my question again. I waited 6 hours, since our lunch earlier.”

 

“Gyuri… Sigh. Fine.”

 

The bartender appeared, giving their drinks. Gyuri thanked him that he politely returned with smile.

 

“So, go.” Gyuri tossed her glass to Eunjung’s one.

 

Eunjung started to tell everything to her. It was like a sincere talk between two persons having understanding with each other. Eunjung opened her heart to Gyuri— letting her feelings, hurt and frustrations flowed out into her. She needed someone to listen. She needed someone to hear her, to tell her it was all right after all. That she did the right thing.

 

“Well?”

 

“What?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

Gyuri stared at her. “You want to know my opinion?”

 

“Yes, of course my dear, I shouldn’t have told it to you if I’ll only see you silent there. I want your advice, not just your judgement about the situation.” She rolled her eyes, sipping her drink.

 

“You know what? You’re so annoying.” Gyuri punched her.

 

Eunjung chuckled. “So?”

 

“Alright. Hmm… just good luck?”

 

“What kind of advice is that?”

 

Gyuri sighed. “Jungie, you, making a decision like that means you’re ready to take any consequences. So what’s the use of hearing my judgement?” She asked. “Even though I’ll say to you now, in front of you, that you have decided so unwisely before we couldn’t change anything. The reason why you didn’t tell her, why you chose to leave her— it was your personal choice, Jungie.”

 

“…”

 

“Listen, the only thing you can do now, is to explain everything. As your friend, I don’t want to see you hated by the people you close to, by the people you love. Tell the truth, Jungie. Who knows all their hate to you might change to something different and will understand you eventually, right?”

 

Eunjung nodded, slowly.

 

“Do it.”

 

“I’ll try.” She smiled a bit.

 

“Don’t just try, Jungie. Promise me, you will do.”

 

“Alright. I promise.” She raised her right hand.

 

The two drink more, while talking about their lives. Eunjung felt she was instantly free, feeling lightly inside. As if a big rock, weighted her over, took away from her wounded heart. She was thankful that Gyuri stayed with her, even their past didn’t ended that well too.

 

Eunjung lifted her head hearing Gyuri’s phone ringing. The latter answered it lively, and talked the person on the next line.

 

“Jungie, I’ll go now. Youngji was already there at the entrance.”

 

“Sure.” She nodded, smilingly.

 

“Go home now. Rest and I’ll see you the next day.” She stood up, kissing Eunjung’s forehead.

 

“Okay. Take care.” She patted Gyuri’s .

 

“I said go home, don’t drink too much. I’ll call you later when I got home. Okay?” She walked away, waving.

 

“Yes, mother. By the way you’re y.” She yelled.

 

“I know!”

 

Eunjung sighed, watching Gyuri walked away. She looked down at her glass, chuckling. Very ironic… What happened to her life was beyond of her expectation but she will do everything to change it. To bring back, what she had lost. Thank you, Gyuri…

 

----

 

“Hi, Jiyeon-ah…”

 

“Hello… unnie!” Jiyeon waved, hugging one of her co-actors. “I saw the rehearsal; you’re so perfect for the role, unnie. I will surely watch it soon.”

 

“Aw… thank you.”

 

Jiyeon smiled, breaking the hug.

 

“Oh, by the way I just saw Jong Woon. I think he was asking the staffs where you are.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter