Chapter 21

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21 updated. Surprise! Treat this as my thank you update for reaching 300+ subscribers. Thank you always for reading this. Hope for you to stand by and still wait for this. You guys are the best! Thanks for the comments. Be aware that I’m still not having concrete plot of the story for this 2nd part. Everything will be changed depends on how will go for the next. Chapter count will still continue from the 1st part. Still open for all readers. See you. Sorry for mistakes. I’ll edit this when I come back. ^^

 

----

 

II

Chapter 21

 

 

“Jungie wake up…”

“Hmm…”

“Wake up…”

“J—.”

 

Eunjung jerked up from her seat when she felt a hand gently tapped on her shoulder. She looked up and saw the stewardess smiling at her waking her up.

 

“Ma’am, can you please sit up straight and fasten your seatbelt again? We’re going to land now.”

 

“Oh…” She blinked. “Sorry.”

 

The stewardess nodded and walked. Eunjung buckled the seatbelt and sighed. She couldn’t believe their plane going to land now after almost 15 hours long flight. She looked at the window across, seeing the clear view of good weather. Eunjung smirked hearing the captain making the announcement of local time and weather in Seoul because she clearly see it outside.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descent please make sure your seat backs and try tables are in their full upright position. Make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened and all carry-on baggage is stowed underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Please turn off all electronics devices until we’re safely parked at the gate. Thank you.”

 

Eunjung inhaled and exhaled, leaning back on her seat.  Just a few minutes, she will see Korea again after years of being away to her own land. She turned to her side and smile, waving to the little boy sitting beside her.

 

“Hi…”

 

The boy smiled at him showing his small teeth. He pointed at her phone where a small SpongeBob toy hanging on it. Eunjung laughed softly and gave the accessory to him. The boy’s mother gasped and trying to return it again to her but she declined saying it was a small token from her for being cute. The mother laughed and said thank you to her. Eunjung bowed, leaning back again.

 

“Ladies and gentlemen we have just been cleared to land at the Incheon Airport. Please make sure one last time your seatbelt is securely fastened. The flight attendants are currently passing around the cabin to make a final compliance check. Thank you.”

 

Eunjung held at the arm of her seat when their plane started to descend. She closed her eyes, swallowing so that the pressure in her ears will be gone. They all go forward a bit when the airplane touched down with a little bump and a slow break. Not bad… She thought. They all remained seated hearing the welcoming announcements and other attentions. Eunjung unbuckled her seatbelt and put her phone on her jacket, excited to stand up.

 

“On behalf of Korean Airlines and the entire crew, I’d like to thank you or joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice day!”

 

Eunjung stood up, hearing all the passengers talking and getting their luggage above. She pulled out her backpack too and several paper bags that she bought from the airport in LA. She secured her backpack again, waiting for other people to move. Eunjung looked at the boy one last time and waved before walking out of the plane.

 

----

 

“Jungie!”

 

Eunjung turned to the voice, and saw her sister Boram waving excitedly at her. She smiled widely, walking then run fast pushing the cart with her luggage to get near her sister. The two hugged tightly, swaying each other left to right.

 

“I miss you… Jungie-yah…”

 

“Me too, unnie!” She pulled away from the hug.

 

“Wow, you look so different!”

 

“Wah! Unnie…”

 

“You looked dashing, Eunjungie and a little thin. What did you do in LA? Huh?” Boram said after checking Eunjung’s appearance. “And I like your hair.”

 

“Heh… I know even before that I’m dashing.” She laughed, putting her arms around her sister.

 

“No. You looked differently this time.” Boram looked up. “I don’t know, maybe because you matured?”

 

Eunjung laughed loudly. “Unnie, fine. You look the same.”

 

“What do you mean the same? Is it a good or bad?”

 

“Haha. I mean, you still look young. If I don’t know your real age by now I will think you’re still in college.”

 

“Thank you, my dear for not saying I’m look like a high school student.”

 

“No, unnie. Actually, you look like a grade school student.”

 

“Yah!” Boram slapped her arm.

 

Eunjung laughed again. “But I’m serious unnie, I missed you.”

 

“Me too.”

 

The two walked out of the airport directly to where Boram’s car parked. Eunjung opened widely, admiring her sister’s car.

 

“You changed car.” She said helping her sister putting the luggage. “I remembered wanting this model too.”

 

“It’s hard work, Jungie. I was just lucky that people did buy mypaintings.”

 

“That was because you’re good, unnie.” She said closing the compartment. She walked and stepped in the passenger’s seat. “By the way, where are you going to bring me?”

 

“Mom, told me to bring you home first.”

 

“Why? What about my apartment?”

 

“Mom missed you, she wants to see you. And your apartment is still under renovation.” Boram drove off.

 

“Renovation?”

 

Boram laughed. “Mom wanted to repaint all your walls, so yeah; she hired people to do it.”

 

“Wow.”

 

Eunjung leaned on her seat. She felt tired and sleepy. She looked outside, smiling softly at the familiar views. She really missed Seoul. Though she learned to love LA and already coped up with the daily lifestyle there, it’s still different to her real home. Home. Where her family, her love ones reside.

“Are you tired?”

 

“Mmm…”

 

“Then sleep.” Boram glanced at her. “It’s still an hour drive, you can nap.”

 

“Mmm…” She nodded closing her eyes.

 

Silence.

 

“Unnie, why Jieun didn’t come with you?” She asked without opening her eyes.

 

“…”

 

She chuckled. “She still hates me huh.”

 

Boram sighed looking at her sister who seemed asleep. But she knows Eunjung wasn’t sleep. Boram focused on the road again. She didn’t know what appropriate things to say to her sister. Because she was too, still wants some answer, an explanation perhaps what did really happen.

 

----

 

“Jungie-yah…”

 

“M-Mom, I-I can’t breathe…”

 

Mrs. Ham pulled away, looking her. “I’m sorry, baby. I just really really missed you.” She kissed her on the cheek and forehead again. “Why you look so thin? Didn’t you eat enough nutritious food there, do you?”

 

“Mom…” Eunjung pouted. Her mom didn’t change, she still treating them like a kid.

 

Mr. Ham laughed. “Yeobo, Jungie is uncomfortable on how you treating her now.” He approached, smiling at her.  “Welcome home, my dearest Jungie.”

 

“Dad~”

 

Mr. Ham hugged her tightly. Eunjung wanted to cry on how touched she was for the warm welcome her family did to her. That warmth hugs from them was what she really missed that she never felt from other people there.

 

“C’mon, break it up you two. Mr. Kim already put your luggage at your room, baby. You can rest now there at least.  We will call you for dinner.”

 

Eunjung nodded. She walked upstairs to her old room. She couldn’t help but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter