Chapter 20 Part 1

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 20 updated. This is only the part 1. I will post the part 2 on weekend or before. For some reason, I'm planning to change the privacy status of this story to Invite Only after I posted the 2nd half. So the rest of the story will read by those people I'll invite. Rest assured to all familiar names that I'm always seeing here commenting and talking.

PS. Still unedited.

----

 

Chapter 20

 

Part 1

 

 

Jiyeon quickly walked out of the classroom as soon as Mr. Choi, her professor, allowed her. She strolled to the cafeteria, hoping to see Luna and Hyeri saved a spot for them. She was really starving, and her professor talked endlessly asking her why she refused to accept the training. Before she decided to talk Mr. Choi, she thought about it again like what her parents had said to her. But every time she thinks and gives reasons how well the opportunity was for her, thoughts of leaving Eunjung flooded her mind again. The life being alone and feeling lonely while apart from Eunjung was what she was afraid of. That was the reason too why she didn’t tell her about it, because she knows, Eunjung will let her go and tell her to pursue it albeit her own rejection.

 

Mr. Kim called her too to confirm if she really turned down the chance to train overseas. Mr. Kim was very vocal of saying his remorse to her refusal, obviously disappointed. And Jiyeon nothing to say but to tell him how deeply sorry she was. The man kept insisting to Jiyeon to change her mind. He knew it such a waste not developing Jiyeon’s talent. The girl has a big potential in theater acting and more to own a big stage in the future. But it was always hard to convince a stubborn girl when her mind already had decided. Though regretted, he told her they are still open for another possibility of offering her again.

 

“Jiyeon-ah!”

 

Jiyeon saw Luna waving at her at the corner of the cafeteria. She smiled and quickly approached her, sitting in front of her. “Hah! I am starving! I swear, Mr. Choi doesn’t like to stop convincing me until I change my mind about this training.” She leaned her back and exhaled loudly.

 

“That’s because they were disappointed just as me, Jiyeon-ah.”

 

Jiyeon groaned. “Argh, I wished you all would understand me.”

 

Luna rolled her eyes. “I understand you, Jiyeonie. You know I’m always. I just can’t accept the fact that you just turned down this gold opportunity.”

 

“Ahhh… don’t tell me that.” Jiyeon shaking her head vehemently. “It was hard enough for me too. I did think twice, thrice, four times, five times and still it only leads me to the same answer again that I couldn’t leave her.”

 

“Jiyeon, it’s just a year. Nothing will happen; you just have to endure the twelve months without her.”

 

“I can’t.” She whispered.

 

“Jiyeon, don’t make yourself depended on her. You have your own life and dreams too. Stop revolving your world around her, you need to explore to be fulfilled.”

 

“I told you that I can’t. Call me clingy and needy but I just want to stay with her.”

 

Luna sighed. “Okay, we should stop this. I don’t want my lunch time be filled with drama. I am going to order… what do you like?”

 

“Same as your order, just add soup and dessert.” Jiyeon cheekily smiled at her friend.

 

“Aish! Okay, you glutton. How come you change your mood that fast.”

 

Jiyeon laughed. “Thank you. Saranghe~

 

Luna chuckled.

 

“Oh wait, where’s Hyeri?”

 

“She said she would be late because she’s helping her classmate. I’ll order for her too. Come to me when I finished ordering.” Luna walked towards the counter.

 

Jiyeon nodded, getting her phone in her bag. She hastily unlocked it, expecting to read a message. She frowned; this was the first time she didn’t get a reply from Eunjung. She messaged the older girl earlier not to forget to take her lunch and she assumed that Eunjung already read her text considering it was almost half hour past.

 

Jiyeon sent a message again hoping to receive a short reply from her. She placed her phone at the table, looking at it and tapped her fingers. 1… 2… 3…4… 5…6…

 

Jiyeon’s eyes filled with worry, wondering why Eunjung didn’t react; she made her mind to call her phone instead. Jiyeon heard the phone ringing but it seems the owner doesn’t want to pick up. She waited until she was directed to voice message. Jiyeon hang up, looking at her phone. It’s very unusual for the older girl not to answer her call that long. She couldn’t help but to feel scared. It was like a déjà vu to her when Eunjung avoided her before. She shook her head. No… there’s no reason for Jungie to do it again to me… Jiyeon kept thinking that she almost jumped when someone tapped her shoulder.

 

“Jiyeonie.”

 

“Hyeri-yah!”

 

“Why you looked so shocked?”

 

“Um… no, I’m just surprised that you already here. I didn’t notice you come.”

 

Hyeri’s brows rose up. “That’s because you’re in deep thought.” She looked up at the counter and saw Luna waving. “Wait, I’m just going to help Luna.”

 

Jiyeon heaved a sigh. She put her phone inside her bag again. She will call again later, after lunch. Jungie why are you not replying?

 

----

 

Jiyeon opened the door and quickly stepped inside the passenger’s seat. “Hi!”

 

“Oh…”

 

Jiyeon chortled, seeing the older girl’s startled face. “What? Why you look so surprised?”

 

“Um… No. Sorry I didn’t see you approaching.”

 

“Really? But I was waving at you, and I thought you saw me because you looked at my direction.”

 

Eunjung stupefied. “Did I?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“But I seriously not—.”

 

Jiyeon kissed her cheek. “Whatever. Were you thinking something?”

 

“Huh? No.” She averted her eyes.

 

Jiyeon stared at her. “O-Okay. We can go now.” She put the seatbelt on.

 

Eunjung shifted on her seat, and began to drive. “Do you want to eat dinner first or just go home?”

 

“I should go home directly. Eomma was texted me that she wanted us to have dinner together.” Jiyeon looked at her apologetically.

 

Eunjung nodded.

 

Jiyeon had a feeling the whole drive will be on silence because they didn’t say another word to each other since they had left the university. She kept stealing glances at the older girl who was frowning while driving on.

 

Jiyeon broke the silence. “Did anything happen?”

 

“Huh?” Eunjung startled again.

 

“You’re so silent.”

 

“That’s because I’m driving. I have to concentrate.”

 

“But you’re always talking even you’re driving.” Jiyeon said.

 

“I’m not in the mood to talk right now.”

 

Jiyeon knew there’s something wrong, she could feel it. “Why you didn’t reply in all my messages? Even my call?”

 

“I was busy. I had meeting with the client.” Eunjung flatly answered.

 

Jiyeon nodded with understanding. “Are you sure that there’s nothing wrong? You look so bothered today. What is it?”

 

Eunjung stepped on the gas, driving the car with more speed. “Nothing.”

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

“…”

 

“Jungie.”

 

“…”

 

“Ham Eunjung.”

 

“What?!” Eunjung asked sharply, stepping on the break harshly.

 

Jiyeon shocked, and held on the dashboard, thanking she was wearing seatbelt. She looked at her, wide eyes, with disbelief. “Eunjung!” She didn’t expect her to either snap on her or be reckless like that.

 

“…”

 

“I’m just asking you!”

 

“And I already told you there’s nothing wrong why don’t you believe me?!”

 

“Okay, sorry! But please be careful with your driving.”

 

Jiyeon stayed silent and never talk again. Eunjung never did snap on her, ever. This was the first time. And no doubt now, there was something wrong happened. It just that the older girl very stubborn to tell. Jiyeon wanted to ask her again but she chose not to, afraid that Eunjung will be annoyed to her this time. Jiyeon felt the car moved and silence wrapped them again. They were already in front of their gate when Jiyeon heard her talking.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“…”

 

“I didn’t mean to snarl on you. I just had a bad day today.”

 

Jiyeon exhaled. “No, it’s not your fault. I also thought that I annoyed you that much.”

 

“You did not annoy me, Jiyeon-ah. I was just— tired, stressed?”

 

“I know. That’s why I’m sorry too.”

 

Eunjung reached Jiyeon’s hand to hold. “Did I worry you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Sorry.” She kissed her hand longingly and stayed her lips there for seconds.

 

“What’s really wrong?” Jiyeon muttered, touching her hair. “Did something happen to you in the office?”

 

Eunjung shook her head.

 

“Then what?”

 

She lifted her head and showed her usual smile. “It’s just the stress eating me. Sorry for making you worry or scaring you.”

 

“Hmm… that’s nothing.”

 

Eunjung leaned her head against the backrest, looking at each other in silence.

 

“I miss you the whole day.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter