Chapter 18

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 18. Enjoy.

 

 

Chapter 18

 

 

 

“Hi, Jieun-ah.”

 

“Unnie, you’re early. You didn’t bring Jiyeonie home?”

 

“Nope. She said she has audition for musical I think?” Eunjung put her bag at the couch, looking at her phone. Jiyeon hasn’t sent any message for her if she got home already.

 

“Oh… was that the musical that will train her abro—.”

 

“Boram unnie!” Eunjung saw her sister from the door, going in.

 

“Hi, kids.”

 

“Why are you here?”

 

“Mom, called me.”

 

“Really? Why?”

 

Boram shrugged, sitting at the couch to rest.

 

“Anyway, what did you say Jieun-ah?” Eunjung asked.

 

“Huh? Nothing unnie.” Jieun shook her head, thinking that it’s better if Jiyeon’s the first to tell her sister about it.

 

“Oh, you are all here.” Mrs. Ham walked out from the dining room. “I already prepared all the food for our dinner. Let’s eat together.”

 

The siblings look at each other wondering what the occasion that their mother have to call Boram just for the dinner. They silently following their mother towards the dining, seeing their father sitting while looking at the foods in front of him.

 

“Wow!” Boram ran near the dining table, smelling the foods. “These are all my favorites!”

 

“All the foods are your favorite, unnie.” Jieun retorted.

 

“What did you say?” Boram glared at their youngest.

 

Eunjung and her parents laughed at the two. The eldest and youngest always fighting for food.

 

“C’mon take your seat children.” Mr. Ham smiled, gesturing his daughters to sit. “I hope you all like the dishes that your mother prepared.”

 

“Of course Dad.” Jieun nodded excitedly.

 

“What’s the occasion?” Eunjung asked their parents, looking both at them.

 

“It’s our anniversary today.” Mr. Ham took his wife’s hand and squeezed it, looking lovingly at her.

 

The siblings surprised. They clearly didn’t know that that day was their parents’ anniversary. Boram stood up from her seat, hugging her parents. Eunjung and Jieun followed and kissed both of them. Mr. and Mrs. Ham laughed, before telling them to sit at their chairs again.

 

“We didn’t know. We’re sorry.” Boram apologized.

 

“No, it’s okay. More importantly, you are all here with us eating dinner and that’s enough.” Mrs. Ham stared at her daughters. She was thankful that she was gifted by three beautiful and loving daughters.

 

“Okay, let’s eat now.”

 

“Yes!”

 

The Hams started eating happily while conversing. Mr. Ham asked her daughters about their different activities the past days and at the same time giving them advises. There was a time too that Mr. Ham made a joke that his daughters laughed at him not because of his funny joke but how lame the joke was. Mrs. Ham smiled seeing them. She suddenly remembered something seeing Eunjung.

 

“Jungie, I forgot to tell you to bring Gyuri today. I miss talking to that child.”

 

Eunjung caught off guard hearing her mother. She heard her sisters chuckling while looking at her teasingly.

 

“Why? Did I say something wrong?” Mrs. Ham wondered. Mr. Ham suddenly felt intrigued too from his daughters’ reaction.

 

“Um…”

 

“What?”

 

Eunjung didn’t exactly know how to explain to her parents. “Um… w-we are—.”

 

“They are not together anymore, Mom.” Boram cut in. “They already broke up.”

 

“What?” Mrs. Ham surprised. She felt regretted that the two was over now, she really liked the girl.

 

“Don’t worry, she has new girlfriend, Mom.” Jieun said, giggling.

 

Eunjung’s lips twisted, looking at her sister. “Aish, Jieun!”

 

“Eunjung who is this new girl?”

 

“Mom…”

 

“We are curious, Jungie.” Mr. Ham put down his glass. “You still didn’t bring your new girl here to let us meet her.” He noticed before that there’s something changes about her daughter the past months, but he waved at it thinking it was probably that Eunjung was just happy with her current relationship with Gyuri.

 

“Um… s-she’s… um… it’s…”

 

Her parents raised their brows, waiting. Boram and Jieun excitedly anticipate their reactions.

 

“I-It’s Jiyeon.”

 

Mr. Ham tilted his head sideways, thinking if he heard his daughter right. Mrs. Ham blinked, looking at her husband then to her two daughters.

 

“J-Jiyeon?”

 

“Y-Yes, Mom.”

 

“You mean, our Jiyeon? Your friend Jiyeon?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“My sweet and lovely, Jiyeon?” Mrs. Ham slowly asked again.

 

“Yes.” Eunjung nodded.

 

“Oh.” Mr. Ham’s mouth formed an O, hearing her daughter confirmed.

 

“H-How come?” Mrs. Ham turned at her husband, agape. Mr. Ham chortled at his wife’s reaction.

 

“Jungie, bring her sometimes here. We want to meet her, this time as your girlfriend. Alright?” Mr. Ham said. He saw her nods her head, and looked down at her plate. “Let’s continue eating again.”

 

“Jungie make sure to bring her here.” Mrs. Ham frowned at her daughter. “You didn’t tell me that early that you and Jiyeon. Aigoo… kids these days!” She face palmed.

 

Her daughters, even her husband laughed at her. Eunjung thought, it was finally a good step from them telling to her parents. Eunjung always thought she’s lucky to have them. She was thankful that her parents both understand. Though, she couldn’t say the same with Jiyeon’s. But if the time comes, and fate agrees to tell them, she was sure to ready herself to face them. She needs to be strong if she wants to continue this, even if it means she has to face her father’s wrath.

 

----

 

“A penny for your thoughts, Jiyeon-ah.”

 

Jiyeon lifted her head looking at her two friends. She was at the university’s cafeteria waiting for them to take lunch considering her class was over half hour ago.

 

“You seem thinking deep.” Hyeri took her seat beside Jiyeon while Luna in front of them.

 

Hyeri was a new friend that Jiyeon and Luna met in the university. The girl was lost finding the administration building since she was late to attend the school because of the circumstances happened to her. She is taking up Multimedia Communications, and was a year younger to them that she always proudly says to her unnies that she was enough smart to get in college that early. Jiyeon let her followed them at first but starting to like her too. Luna and Jiyeon learned to care for her like big sisters.

 

Jiyeon sighed. “My professor Mr. Choi told me that Mr. Kim Jong Woon contacted him and said I’m one of those who passed the audition.”

 

“Really?!” Luna excitedly exclaimed. “That was so awesome, Jiyeon-ah! I knew it from the start, you will pass it. You should tell your parents immediately.”

 

“Why? Are you not happy?” Hyeri asked.

 

“Of course, I’m happy. It just…”

 

“You can’t leave your Jungie if they’ll say you have to train abroad.”

 

Jiyeon didn’t reply. Since they told about their relationship to their friends, Jiyeon decided to tell it also to Luna, Jiyoung and Hyeri. The girls were shocked at first, saying they didn’t know she swing that way. That time Jiyeon asked herself if what they said was true. Even she has relationship with a girl, how come she can’t accept when thinking being together with another girl other than Eunjung? Then she realized, she wasn’t really swinging that way. Eunjung was simply an only exception for her. And she was sure that no one will take her place or be next to her.

 

“I think she will understand it, Jiyeonie.” Hyeri tapped her friend’s arm, assuring her.

 

“Right. You always said she understands you. And beside it just half or a year, you won’t spend your whole life there.”

 

Jiyeon nodded her head, looking at her phone. She was really happy, who wouldn’t be when it was her dream? But her other half simply refused the good news. It was not about how Eunjung won’t accept it; she knows she will be happy for her achievement and will let her go. It was herself that she wasn’t sure. She doesn’t know if she can leave Eunjung that long. Her mind always with her that she practically let herself revolves around her. Jiyeon knows she was being clingy to older girl, but without Eunjung beside her was unacceptable on her part.

 

“Jiyeon join them. You dreamed for this for so long, right? Don’t let this opportunity past you.” Luna stared at her, smiling. “And while in there, just look at Mr. Kim for inspiration.” She said jokingly.

 

“What?” Jiyeon rolled her eyes. “I have Jungie, I don’t need him to be my inspiration.”

 

“Huh, what I’m saying you need an inspiration that will give you support and will teach you. Jungie won’t be with you there, at least Mr. Kim is there, whole and present.”

 

“Eww… Luna. Stop it.”

 

“Why? Was he old and bald?” Hyeri asked.

 

“Nope. He’s actually super y with manly voice.” Luna answered her. “When you see him, you will swoon too. Though he is older than us. I think he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter