Chapter 22

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 22 updated.

 

----

 

Chapter 22

 

 

Eunjung walked, checking the room that people currently installing the interior walls. She checked and nodded her head, satisfied with what she was seeing. She walked around the room and turned to look outside the rooftop, seeing the workers applying waterproofing. She frowned.

 

“What detailing membrane are you applying? Liquid? I think you should use the pre-formed since it is a concrete-flat roof and will always expose to sunlight.” She yelled.

 

The workers looked at her weirdly, not knowing her before continuing their work. She grinned when she realized she was being ignored. Eunjung stepped out through the opening for windows. She walked carefully towards the workers, avoiding stepping on the steel bars, woods and other sharp or pointed materials scattered on the ground.

 

“I assure you. Pre-formed will perform better ‘coz it can bridge over cracks and gaps better than the liquid type.” She stooped down, explaining to them. “Plus, it is more resistant to indentations and they are more suited for the large flat roofs.”

 

The workers didn’t talk, letting and ignoring her talking.

 

“Excuse me, miss but non-authorize person not allowed here.” A sternly voice interrupted them.

 

Eunjung turned and saw a young man wearing safety hard hat. She peeked at the id, knowing that it was the project manager. She straightened, smiling at the man.

 

“Hi… I’m Ha—.”

 

“Eunjung, you’re here I’m looking for you since we came here.” Mr. Ham sighed.

 

“Y-You know her, Sir?”

 

“Oh, yeah, In Guk-ah. She’s my daughter.” Mr. Ham smiled. “Did she interrupt your work here, guys?”

 

“Ah…”

 

“Anyway, Eunjung-ah, this is Architect Seo In Guk, our Project manager. Architect Seo, this is Architect Ham from LA branch. She was partnered there with Architect Park Soyeon. She will be assigned here now in Seoul headquarters and will handle our future projects here.”

 

The young man bowed, 90 degrees to her. “I’m sorry for the earlier. And it was nice to have met you at last, Ms. Ham.” He stood up straight, blushing. “I-I heard a lot about you from Mr. Ham and Architect Park. The Nature and Science museum in Seattle, that you have been part of, wow it was a huge cultural landmark now. And the soon to be built New Academic building to be located in New York, even our people here in Seoul talking about that project. I sincerely admire you, Ms. Ham.”

 

Eunjung laughed. “Oh thank you. But the Nature and Science museum, we were just shared small help constructing it. Our American counterpart was the main in-charge of the project. It’s their proposal after all.”

 

“But still, you and Ms. Park shared enough. It was big news here before that Koreans were so proud. Imagine two Korean architects were a part of a very high performance to design a world class facility. Who wouldn’t be proud? ”

 

“Thank you.” She chuckled. “I was overwhelmed too when we took a part of it. To be honest I was speechless that time.” She laughed, remembering the time Soyeon said the big news to her.

 

“But you and Soyeon both did well. You gave name to our company that time. Look at us today, even Architect Seo here couldn’t help but to feel speechless too whenever clients coming, choosing us.”

 

Architect Seo scratched the back of his head, shyly. “Sir…”

 

Eunjung and his father laughed at the young man.

 

“Anyway, we’re going now. Keep up the good work, Architect.” Mr. Ham patted his shoulder.

 

The man bowed to both of them.

 

Eunjung nodded, glancing at the two workers. “Just do what I said or ask Architect Seo, he knows it.” She winked.

 

The young man tilted his head, clueless what she was talking about. Eunjung smiled, waving at the workers.

 

“Anyway, Dad where’s Soyeon unnie?”

 

“She’s currently in Itaewon for ocular visit but I think she will come directly to our office today. You want to see her? Then you should come with me at the office and let’s take our lunch with her.”

 

Eunjung looked at her watch.

 

“Why do you have a date?” Mr. Ham asked her.

 

“Huh? Not exactly. I’m thinking of meeting Gyuri today. But I think I have to cancel it again.”

 

Mr. Ham nodded. “Hmm…Was this about her proposal to you?”

 

“Yes, Dad. Was that okay to you?”

 

“Well, if you can handle it good and won’t affect your work, why not. It’s for you anyway, and you know what the rules and scope is. And it will help you also to be familiarized working in Seoul again.” He grinned.

 

“Okay. I’ll call her later.”

 

“Anyway, I saw you last week talking with a man. Who was he?”

 

Eunjung creased her brows, thinking. “Who?”

 

“In the café near the park.”

 

“Ah!” Eunjung clapped her hands. “That was Soohyun. Kim Soohyun, Dad. He’s a photographer and I met him when I was walking Monggeulie.”

 

“He looks a fine man.”

 

Eunjung glanced at her father, arching her one brow. “Why I heard ‘something’ about your tone?” She smirked.

 

“Nothing. I’m just saying about what I have observed.”

 

Eunjung shook her head, opening her car. “I better drive fast at the office first before I hear something from you again.”

 

Mr. Ham laughed loudly, stepping in to his own car.

 

----

 

“Eunjung?”

 

“Yo! Wooyoungie~”<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter