Chapter 24

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Chapter 24. This is just a sudden update because I promised to someone, who had said that she  likes this story rather than my other works. LOL. Anyway, this is for you, thanks for being honest.

 

And I hope this chapter won’t disappoint you all. I edited and revised this chapter many times. Because the last chapter was too hard to continue for me. How can I write showing the “awkward” feeling? Lol. And the last part was a rushed idea, ‘coz I’m really in rush, few more hours, my flight already. Enjoy and sorry for mistakes.

 

But do you like me to focus on this story? Because I can but you have to wait longer to IHTBY update. Well it’s better to update that long than to drop it right?

 

----

 

 

II
 

Chapter 24

 

 

 

“She’s the one who broke my heart.”

 

Eunjung’s mouth agape as she heard Gyuri’s sharp intake of breath, looking at Jiyeon’s face with even widened eyes. Eunjung’s body refused to move and her mind couldn’t think of anything. Her heart started to ache, and numbness slowly creeping up to her.

 

“E-Eunjung…”

 

She felt Gyuri’s hand touching her arm, and she came out of her trance. Eunjung closed , stooping down silently to pick up the shades that she dropped.

 

“H-Honey, w-what are you saying?”

 

Eunjung heard his voice croaky, vibrating, obviously shock at the sudden event. She stood up straight, gripping her shades. She raised her eyes to Jiyeon’s, looking straight, waiting for the words that she’s going to speak more. She didn’t believe she could stare again directly at the only girl she ever loved purely before.

 

Jiyeon’s gaze flew into her and Eunjung brows met; she saw the strange emotion swiftly crossing on the latter’s eyes that she can’t comprehend. Was that anger? Hate? Hurt? Eunjung looked down, clenching her jaws. She couldn’t make an eye contact to her anymore. She felt the gush of guilt outpouring her.

 

Silence crawled over, wrapping around them. All the three have tensed shoulder, feeling the tension hanging in the air. No one could talk long again. They held their breaths, waiting.

 

Then a sudden laugh startled them, waking them up from daze.

 

Eunjung lifted her head, raising her confused eyes. Jiyeon was laughing. What’s happening?

 

“Y-Yeonie?”

 

Jiyeon stopped laughing, wiping her eyes. “I-I’m s-sorry if I laughed hard. I’m just kidding; I mean I’m practicing my line.”

 

“W-What line?”

 

“Sigh. Hyundong oppa already gave me the script for the next act.” She dug on her bag, getting the rolled paper. “Here.”

 

Jong Woon read the script

 

“Oh.” He smiled crookedly.

 

“I guess I did shock you all, right?” She looked at the three people watching her.

 

“Y-Yes. Actually. I suddenly feel uncomfortable for a moment.”

 

“I’m so sorry, Oppa.” She leaned onto him. “I couldn’t help it after seeing the people I’ve known for so long. I thought I have to surprise them, in any way I could… no matter what.” Smile playing on her lips.

 

Gyuri averted her eyes, awkwardly almost losing her breath.

.

“You really shocked the hell out of me. I thought you were serious.” He put his hand on his chest. “Ms. Ham, are you okay?”

 

Eunjung didn’t reply. She stayed staring at Jiyeon, dumbfounded.

 

“Ms. Ham?”

 

Gyuri noticed Eunjung being astounded; she held her hand fast, tugging it. Eunjung blinked, now hearing Jong Woon calling her.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Y-Yeah.” She smiled a bit, swallowing. “Um… Well, that was a surprising antic.”

 

“Jiyeon here was always loved pranking people. I’m sorry.”

 

“I-It’s ok—.”

 

“Oppa, you don’t need to say sorry.” She turned, smiling at Eunjung. “And besides, Eunjung unnie was surely knows that I’m joking than to be lured, right unnie?” She smirked.

 

Eunjung clenched her jaw, throwing Jiyeon a look before turning to Jong Woon. “She’s right Mr. Kim. I know her very well after all.”

 

“Whew. Suddenly, I was afraid you thought she’s weird.” He laughed.

 

“No. Of course not.” She shook her head. “I never did think about her being weird even… before.”

 

“You see, oppa? Don’t take everything so serious that fast. Joke is a joke. There’s no way that I would be serious playing that stunt. And how would it happen when you know that I never love anyone other than you, let alone a girl?” She chuckled, pinching gently his arm.

 

Eunjung face changed, raising her chin up.

 

“Yes, she’s right Mr. Kim. I’m sometimes gullible but I’m surely didn’t know what she’s talking about.”

 

Jiyeon’s left brow arched from what she heard. She raised her eyes up to her, gazing directly at Eunjung’s familiar dark eyes. Eunjung eyes flickered. She could swear to see the depth of Jiyeon’s eyes, burning with despise. You want to act Jiyeon? Then let me give that to you. Start your game and I’ll play with you…

 

They stood there, looking at each other, saying nothing. No one wanted to back down. No one wanted to surrender. No one wanted to let go. As if telling everything they meant through their eyes.

 

Gyuri cleared , pulling Eunjung’s pinky secretly causing her to shift.

 

Jong Woon waved his hand, pulling a chair for Jiyeon. “Anyway, let’s sit guys. I think it’s time for us too to order and eat. Gyuri, are all your orders okay now?”

 

“Y-Yes, oppa.”

 

“Good.” He said, turning to ask Jiyeon. “Yeonie, I already ordered for us. Do you want anything?”

 

“No. That’s enough, Woonie oppa.” She smiled, sweetly.

 

Eunjung who eyed them, couldn’t take watching them anymore; she instead turned to look outside. She heard Jong Woon called the waiter and gave their orders. At that exact time, Eunjung felt that she already regretting for agreeing to stay for lunch— for agreeing taking the project. Damn. If she had only known from the start that he’s Jiyeon’s boyfriend, she won’t accept the deal.

 

While waiting for their foods to come, Jong Woon and Jiyeon talked about their work related stuffs. Eunjung shifted on her seat, noticing Gyuri looking at her. She smiled a bit, nodding; her way of tapping the latter’s hand under the table was gentle as if saying she’s alright. Yes, she was alright even if she wasn’t. She needed to be okay. She wanted to show that she’s okay. So no need to apologize Gyuri-yah…

 

Their food arrived soon after and Jong Woon was so excited. Eunjung watched him secretly taking care of Jiyeon’s food first before focusing on his own food.

 

“The food here is the best. This restaurant is actually our favorite.” He smiled.

 

They nodded.

 

“So, you three have known each other all along?”

 

“Yes, oppa.” Jiyeon answered without looking at him.

 

“Wow. Seriously, this is the most unexpected thing happened to me.” He excitedly commented. “Who would have thought that Gyuri, architect Ham and my own girlfriend were friends? I can’t help but to be amused. I feel like we are all friends here. So why can’t we talk like friends too?”

 

The three concentrated, looking at their food.

 

“By the way, how the three of you know each other?”

 

Gyuri smiled at him inwardly. “Like what I said earlier oppa, we actually have the same circle of friends. Eunjung was my friend since college. While Jiyeon was—.”

 

“She is actually Jieun’s sister, oppa.” Jiyeon interrupted.

 

Jong Woon eyes got big. “Really? Then it means that you’re her sister from the US?’

 

“Yes, Mr. Kim.”

 

“So you’re the one that made news here in Korea before. One of the young Korean architects collaborated with Americans? Seriously?”

 

Eunjung smiled softly.

 

Gyuri nodded as a proudly friend. “Yes, oppa. Eunjung was that one.”

 

“Wow. I didn’t know my architect is actually has a big name. I’m very thankful to this very chance to have a deal with you, Ms. Ham.”

 

“Don’t say that Mr. Kim.”

 

“No. It’s true.” He looked at Jiyeon, who was just listening. “Now I know why you’re so excited to visit that museum before when we went to US.”

 

Eunjung and Gyuri simultaneously glanced at Jiyeon.

 

Jiyeon stopped in her tracks. She looked up and smile. “Soyeon unnie was also a part of it.”

 

His eyes twinkled. “But I still can’t believe it. I hope you won’t charge me that high, Architect.” He laughed loudly.

 

Gyuri and Eunjung didn’t know how to react but to nod.

 

“Yeonie, how’s Wang?”

 

Eunjung ears perked up and shortly stopped from eating. That familiar name…

 

“He’s fine, oppa.”

 

“Did you bring him home?”

 

“No, Hyojoon oppa brought him.”

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter