Chapter 30

Untamed Love (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Surprised! Chapter 30 updated. The flashback here was the continuation of a flashback happened in Chapter 27, have read again if you forgot the story so far. Sorry for the wait, anyway. Read and comment. Cheers!

 

----

 

 

II

 

Chapter 30

 

 

She stood up from her seat as her companion at that café lightly picking up her bag. Eunjung smiled feeling her chest free from any burdened and confusion she was feeling before. Her conversation with the younger girl lifted up her mood, as she realized that her girlfriend was indeed friends with good people like Luna. They headed towards the entrance without talking, mentally noting to call Jiyeon later that day.

 

“Unnie…”

 

Eunjung turned, hearing her calling out. “Hmm?”

 

“Do you want to visit inside?” Luna smilingly asked while gingerly pointing at their University. “Jiyeon at this time… Hmm…” She looked at her wristwatch. “… maybe practicing. We can use this chance to watch her.”

 

“Was that okay?”

 

“I can make a way, unnie. But as for the entrance, just give your ID at the security in the main gate.”

 

Eunjung thought for a moment and then nodded eagerly for the chance to see Jiyeon again in a rehearsal. Since Jiyeon reached high school, she didn’t see her anymore practicing like she used to when she was younger. It was as if Jiyeon became shy showing her talent in front of her, and it didn’t help too that she didn’t attend their Christmas presentation before.

 

The duo walked inside the campus that Eunjung couldn’t hide the admiration on her eyes seeing Jiyeon’s school. Her alma mater was considered the best university in Seoul and one of the biggest too, but University of Arts like Jiyeon’s been a huge university too, having clean surroundings and a stable stance for holding a promising training program for young students. She heard from her girlfriend, that the university was aiming to lead, out of other Arts school, to cultivate artists.

 

Luna guided her towards a small auditorium, trying to push the door smoothly, that gave Eunjung the time to peek inside, seeing the room packed with students that seemed engrossed to something happening in front. Luna pulled her hand but Eunjung halted the action, holding Luna’s hand.

 

“W-Wait… I thought it was a practice? But it seemed they’re in a class…”

 

“Yes…” She nodded.

 

“Are we allowed to sit in? What about me? I’m not a student here…” She whispered.

 

Luna stared at her outfit, thinking what to do. “Unnie, just take off your jacket, your polo is enough. I’m sure they didn’t think of you as an outsider. And don’t worry; Mr. Jang was too cool to allow other students to sit in his class. That shows how confident he is in his teaching skills.” Luna winked.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah. I’m sure. We did it many times.”

 

Eunjung let the younger girl to pull her hand and quietly stepped inside the auditorium. Students at the back who noticed them had eyed them as if it wasn’t new to them anymore; just nodding to Luna then focused their attention in front again. Eunjung heaved a sigh, taking the seat that Luna had chosen. She held her jacket carefully, observing the silent room, trying to see Jiyeon. She jerked when Luna poke and has her finger pointing at some students with their professor in a small stage. There she was, Jiyeon holding a paper, seriously listening to the older man who was waving his hand while talking before ordering again to reenact the situation on the script.

 

Her mind wandered when the time she and Jiyeon— in the latter’s room before— reading a book while the younger girl mimicking the dialogues like the actors doing in a drama. Eunjung smiled at the memory; after the years of not seeing Jiyeon acting, she realized that it was a part of her— not just as her girlfriend but a best friend also— that she had really missed.

 

----

 

Jiyeon stared at her reflection into the mirror, sighing after excusing herself from Eunjung. She couldn’t help but to ask why she did call her for this dinner. After Eunjung invited her before to eat outside the last time they had out from taking care of Hyojin, she has that optimism to soon it happen again.

 

Jiyeon washed her hands; really, it wasn’t her plan to call her. Her boyfriend’s rejection of her simple request to eat out because he has impending dinner date with his “important” colleagues— he quoted— Jiyeon didn’t think anymore and it lead her to call someone that she was sure wouldn’t turn her invitation down since the older girl had promised to granted her words just to bring back the time they had lost after years of separation, though not as lover but as friend who seeking forgiveness from her best friend.

 

Jiyeon hand dried, and threw a one last look at the mirror to check herself, making sure she was still looking presentable as she was. She stepped out of the restroom, secretly gazing at her other friend who was sitting with eyes on the outside. Jiyeon breathed, trying to clear her chest away from the nervousness she felt, once she contacted her. Nothing was different, that was just a simple dinner between friends who were trying to catch up things again, redeeming themselves. And Jiyeon anxiously walked, heading to their table, while mumbling incoherent words to herself.

 

----

 

Eunjung enjoyed the scene that she was watching, while the other students giving out also their whole interest. She was only distracted when Luna tapped her shoulder, saying she needs to excuse for a moment for a sudden call from her classmate. She quickly promised to comeback when she notices the worry crossed in Eunjung’s eyes. The older girl nodded; nonetheless, her eyes following Luna quietly pushed the door and head out.

 

Eunjung suddenly felt the awkwardness, being alone— not literally alone but not having any people she knows. Now that she was surrounded with students though not looking at her, she was still feeling bothered. What if the professor will ask her? What if Jiyeon sees her? She leaned on her seat, pretending to look cool and not worrying what will happen; she better has to wait for Luna.

 

Her attention divided from focusing at the action on the stage to someone who cautiously sits beside her. Eunjung frowned; she didn’t know the girl. Well, she actually hasn’t any idea who the girl was because she only knows Jiyeon and Luna, from that University. She mentally grasped, asking why the girl chose the seat when there was another available seats

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter