Chapter 23

Delicate Dove

 

Seoul Hospital is a big hospital with the best elite doctors in South Korea.  The hospital consists of nine floors the eighth and ninth floors being for VIP’s only.They are nationally ranked number two as one of the best hospitals in the  world. Not only is it the hospital is best for your care, but has  Kim Jae-Hyun, the Head doctor of Seoul Hospital.He rather have his office on the seventh floor. He’s the youngest doctor to be in his position and graduated early at Harvard University, with top honors. He’s a hardworking person and did it all on his own to get where he is know. Being in luxury medical magazines showing off his talent. Jae-Hyun isn’t a person that cares all about money, he truly cares for his patients and tries his best to help and care for his patients. Very dedicated person that loves what he does.

 

“ Good Morning, everyone.” Dr.Jae-Hyun said in a deep masculine voice, as he is  smiling at the nurses at the nurses station.

 

Walking down the hallway with a clipboard in his hand. The hospital’s colorfully hallway consisted of that had flowers on it and other different kind of magical creatures. He smiled more as he is on the Children care floor. Passing other patients he greeted them and helped some of them get to their rooms.

 

 

He then reached them room he’s starting with for his daily check up’s for the kids making sure everything is perfect and that nothing’s wrong. Standing in front of the door Dr. Jae-Hyun smiled and leaned against the door and put both his hands together forming it into a fake gun. He then slowly opened the door acting like he’s a spy or something. Looking around the room for the little one.

 

Dr. Jae-Hyun pulled the curtains back to see no one in the bed. He looked confused and then smiled when he heard the little voice.

 

“ Pow, Pow, Pow. I got you Dr.J.” Said the little voice.

 

Jae-Hyun smiled and started to act like he was hurt and that it is the end for him. Standing behind Jae-Hyun is a little boy wearing Power Rangers pajamas that looked to be the age four, to be specific the blue ranges pajama. The little boy giggle as Dr. Jae-Hyun lifted him up doing airplane sounds and sat him gently back on the hospital be.

 

Jae-Hyun then pulled up a chair and sat down in front of the little giggling boy. “ How are we today, Minjoon? Any boo-boo’s?” Asked Dr. Jae-Hyun checking MinJoon’s eyes.

 

“ Just a little tummy boo-boo’s.” Said MinJoon yawning rubbing his eyes.

 

Jae-Hyun nodded at the response and started to check, Minjoon’s breathing. Soon Jae-Hyun finished that and pulled a small pink pill.

 

“ Alright medicine time, buddy.” Said Jae-Hyun said trying to give, MinJoon a small white cup.

 

“No! MinJoon is tired of taking that yucky stuff..” MinJoon said shaking his head pulling the covers over his head. Jae-Hyun chuckled.

 

“ Come on, It’s to make you feel better. How about this I’ll give you a treat if you take your medicine?” Said Jae-Hyun said trying to reason with the boy.

 

“ No!.”MinJoon Shouted.

 

“ Mama and Papa will be happy if you do.” Said Jae-Hyun.

 

MinJoon huffed and uncovered his head and pouted at, Jae-Hyun. “ I guess.”

 

Jae-Hyun smiled and MinJoon took the white cup and accepted another cup with water to wash the nasty medicine down.

 

Jae-Hyun smiled and handed, MinJoon a small strawberry flavored taffy candy. MinJoon squealed at the delicious flavor.

 

“ Thank you, Dr.J.” Said Minjoon.

 

“ Is our MinJoon being a good boy today.” Said a lady coming in the room with a man next to her.

 

“ Mama!”MinJoon Shouted.

 

Jae-Hyun smiled. “ Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Park. How are you two today?” Asked Jae-Hyun.

 

“ We are good, and yourself.”  Said Mr.Park smiling.

 

“ I’m good, everything is fine just a little tummy pains, but that’s not a big problem. Other than that we will keep monitoring him and see any changes. Well then I’ll take my leave as I have to go attend a small tea party.” Said Jae-Hyun leaving.

 

“ Papa, Dr. J gave me a treat, for being good.”

 

Jae-Hyun chuckled as he closed the door and walked down the hallway checking on other children and going between checking children and adults. Arriving at his final room. He opens the door to a flat out decorated girly pink hospital room.

 

A small light pink table with five chairs around them. Three chairs had stuffed animals sitting in them and one with a little girl with pigtails looking at Jae-Hyun with a pout.

 

“Seoyeon!.”Said Jae-Hyun smiling.

 

“ Dr. J, me and butterbean, Snuff, Gummbles are waiting for you.” She said in a small cute high pitched voice.

 

Dr. Jae-Hyun chuckled.

 

Soon Jae-Hyun came out of, Seoyeon’s room finally finishing her check up. Jae-Hyun sighed and smiled, man is she a feisty little one. He then started to walk down the hallway towards the elevator to go to his office. As he stood there waiting for the elevator, another doctor came up to him bowing first, Dr. Seungho.

 

“ Hello, Dr.Jae-Hyun the director wants to speak with you in his office.” Said, Seungho looking at Jae-Hyun.

 

Jae-Hyun looked confused, what does the director want with him now. “ Do you know what for?” Asked Jae-Hyun.

 

“ No, just that he wants to see you. Will I delivered the message I’ll be off then.” Said Seungho leaving.


 

DING!


 

Jae-Hyun gets on the elevator and presses the eighth floor. Sighing the elevator then reaches the eighth floor and slowly opens. He then walks towards the director’s office other doctor’s bowing to him and greeting him as he greeted them back. Then reached the office and gently knocked on the luxury looking wooden door.

 

“ Come in.”

 

Dr. Jae-Hyun opens the door and walks in and stands in front of the director’s desk. “ You wanted to see me, Mr.Min.” Said Jae-Hyun.


 

“ Ah, Jae-Hyun, How many times have I told you to call me be my name. We’ve been friends since high school and college. You make me feel old like my father, Jae-Hyun.” Said a young man smiling as he turned around in his comfortable chair to face, Jae-Hyun. Muscular, handsome, styled black hair, and wearing a black suit with a navy blue tie.

 

Jae-Hyun rolled his eyes. “ Namgung, you know we have to keep it professional even if we’ve know each other for years.”

 

Min Namgung same age as, Jae-Hyun know running his father’s hospital, well more like hospitals. Him and Jae-Hyun are best friends and have been since teenage years to young adults.

 

Namgung chuckled and rolled his eyes also and looked at, Jae-Hyun with serious eyes. “ Are you going to deny my order?”

 

Jae-Hyun just stood there not knowing what to say. Namgung chuckled. “ Just kidding, loosen up will you. You’re right we should keep it professional.” Said Namgung.

 

“ Why am I here.” Asked Jae-Hyun.

 

Namgung stood up and put both his hands into his pockets and gazed out the window. His facial expression turning serious.

 

“  You’re the only one I can trust for this job.” Said Namgung turning to face Jae-Hyun.

 

Jae-Hyun looked confused. “ What is it?”

 

Yuya is standing in the school’s office waiting for the new student to arrive. He closed his eyes as he felt a little dizzy. He touched his forehead noticing that it is really warm.  This morning he woke up feeling ill, but he decide to come any way. Grabbing his handkerchief wiping the small beads of sweat forming on his forehead. His dad told him to stay home, but being the stubborn person he is.

 

Then covered his mouth with the handkerchief as he coughed a little bit. He then put his hand in his pocket and pulled out a grapefruit flavored cough drop and popped one into his mouth.. He closed his eyes again sighing as it is working a little bit.

 

“Hello, I’m new here?” Someone asked the school secretary.

 

Yuya, turned around and his eyes widen, is this the new student he thought. Tall and very handsome boy with medium length curly hair in a man bun, with glasses on. The school uniform looked really good on the boy making him even more handsome. Muscular built body and along with a deep voice, but calming for some reason to, Yuya. Yuya, then walked up to the boy and gently tap his shoulder.

 

“Hi, are you Kim Yoochun.” Asked Yuya in a gently voice.

 

Yoochun turned to the boy unfazed. “ Ne.” with his backpack on one shoulder.

 

“ A-Ah well, I’m the school’s president and the principal wanted me to show you around, and make sure you get to the right classes.” Said Yuya.

 

“ Hmph, will lead the way.” Yoochun said smirking making, Yuya turn more redder than he already is.

 

“ Ah, right follow me.” Said Yuya.

 

Yuya, spent most of the morning showing, Yoochun around the huge school, and now they’re in the hallway outside from the auditorium. Yuya, had then asked Yoochun if he could see his schedule. Yoochun handed Yuya his schedule.

 

“ All advanced classes and I saw that you’ve scored high on the test to get into SEOUL ACADEMY.” Said Yuya.

 

“ Yeah, I did is that a problem.” Said Yoochun looking, Yuya up and down and stopping at his face.

 

“ N-N-No-” Said Yuya stuttering as he became even redder as Yoochun backed him up into the wall his face inches closer to his. Yuya was going to say something but he heard really loud laughing and talking and he instantly knew that it is Minho and his friends.

 

Yuya looked down. “ I can’t deal with them today.” Said Yuya in a quiet voice feeling worse as his throat is starting to hurt a little bit.

 

Yoochun took noticed of what, Yuya said, and noticed his condition. The boy looked like he is going to faint at any moment. Is he sick? Thought, Yoochun. Yoochun, then looked down the hallway where the loud laughing and talking is coming from.

 

He smirked noticing Minho. He then put his hand in his hair and let it down from the ponytail covering his face a little bit.  He didn’t want, Minho to find out that he’s here not just, yet.Yuya had tears in his eyes for some reason as he looked at Minho and his friends as they’re getting closer.

 

Yoochun also took noticed that, Yuya seems to not like this crowd. He then leaned forward even more making, Yuya to turn and face him, still blushing. Yoochun then caressed his check.

 

Soon Minho and his friends are about to pass them, but stop laughing and talking loudly as they notice that a couple is against the wall, and also take notice that it’s Yuya.

 

“Yah!, is that Yuya?”

 

“ What a ?”

 

“ I knew he was a .”

 

“ One of your clients, Yuya baby.”


 

Yuya looked down in hurt, but Yoochun grabbed his chin and forced him to look at him. Straight in the eyes.

 

“ Ignore them, don’t focus on them. Focus on me.” Yoochun says making, Yuya eyes widen in shock.

Minho and his friends laughed as they shouted insults towards, Yuya. Minho has his hands wrapped around, Taemin’s face. He stops laughing and looks back at Yuya whose attention is clearly mainly focused on that guy. Minho frowned not liking that guy that is all up on, Yuya and casting, Yuya attention all on him. Minho turns his head back around frown deepening.

 

Soon, Yoochun backs up from, Yuya. “ Are you okay?” Asked Yoochun kind of worried, as Yuya doesn’t look that good.

 

Yuya was about to respond, but everything goes black, and Yoochun quickly catches him.




 

Seoul Hospital




 

Jae-Hyun stood there looking at Namgung confused. “ What are you saying?” Asked Jae-Hyun.

 

Namgung looks into Jae-Hyun’s eyes with a serious face. “ I need you to take care of a patient for me. I’m going to schedule another doctor to do all your rounds. I need you to focus your attention on this patient. It’s really important and you can’t tell another doctor’s or nurses about it. This is a serious matter that can cost me everything.”Namgung Said now sitting on top of his desk.

 

Jae-Hyun is hesitant at first. “ Is it that important that I do this job?” Asked Jae-Hyun.

 

“Very, you’re the only one with better skills and someone I can trust.” Said Namgung.

 

Looking down Jae-Hyun feels he shouldn’t take it. He felt something is off about this request and something feels wrong. Pushing his thoughts away.

 

“ What do you want me to do?” Said Jae-Hyun.

 

Namgung smiles and then hands, Jae-Hyun a piece of paper. “ here is a key badged to open the first door 2,12,16 these are the numbers to press to get into the room once you’ve passed the first door. I just want you to keep monitor of the patient. His name is Kim Hae-Won. Regular checks and to keep him comfortable even though he’s been in this position for a while. Here these are some more papers on what you are dealing with.” Said Namgung.

 

Jae-Hyun looked over the papers for a bit, then Namgung snaps his fingers. Six guards come in dressed in black suits.

 

“ They will you to the room. Oh, and now one is allowed in there except for you and me.” Said Namgung.

 

Jae-Hyun nodded and left the room with the guards and followed them down the hallway. They then reached the end of the hallway and turned left to come face with these huge silver double doors. On the wall next to the door is a square keypad where you lay the badged on to to scan.


 

Putting the badge on the keypad as red lasers went over that badge. He then pulled the badge back and looked up to here a click letting him know that the door is unlocked. The doors open automatically and Jae-Hyun walks in as the guards stay outside of the door. Slowly walking down the white hallway towards a door with glass windows covering surrounding the room. He then pressed in the numbers that Namgung gave him. Clicking sound again and the doors open automatically.





 

SEOUL ACADEMY



 



 

School is now out everyones all going home except two students. Yoochun is sitting in the nurse's office looking at, Yuya as he slept on the bed with a cool towel on his forehead. Yoochun then stands up and sits on the bed next to, Yuya.

 

“Hmph, beautiful.” Yoochun said in a quiet voice.

 

Yuya then starts to groan in his sleep as he starts to also wake up. Opening his eyes slowly, blurry at first but soon clears up. He looks around and notices the new guy sitting on the bed next to him. Instantly blushing.

 

“ What-”Said Yuya.

 

“ You fainted. Don’t you know you should stay home when you’re sick.” Said Yoochun crossing his arms.

 

Yuya just smiles and blushes.

 

“ Aish, what’s with the blushing. Huh? Still feeling feverish.” Yoochun said putting his hand on Yuya’s forehead.

 

Yuya slowly pulls away from Yoochun. “A-A-Ani.” Said Yuya sitting up and pulling the covers off of him and the cool towel putting it off to the side.

 

Yoochun just smirks and stands up. “ I’ll give you a ride home.”

 

“ That’s okay I’ll take the bus.”Said Yuya as he tried to stand almost falling as his legs giving out a little bit. Yoochun quickly holds him.

 

“ Let’s go.” Said Yoochun.

 

“That’s okay.” Said Yuya.

 

Yoochun looks at, Yuya and rolls his eyes and grabs his hand. Yuya just gives in and they got to his locker to get his things and walk towards the school entrance doors to leave. As they reach the door they both notice it’s raining. Yoochun then puts his backpack down and takes off his jacket and puts it over Yuya’s head.  Yuya eyes widen and blushes. Yoochun the then pick his backpack up and grabs a hold of Yuya’s hand again and they quickly run outside still holding hands until they get to, Yoochun’s car.

 

Yoochun opens the door for Yuya and closes it as Yuya get’s settled in. Yoochun then quickly runs other to the driver's side and gets in and starts the car. Turns on the heat and drives off.


 

Yoochun drives up a hill and stops at a gate and pulls in as the gate opens. “ Right here, right.” Asked Yoochun.

 

“Yes.” Said Yuya.

 

Yoochun drives up the long path to Yuya’s house and stops in front of the house. Sitting there for a while in silence. Yuya then unbuckles the seatbelt and looks at, Yoochun.

 

“ Thank you.”Says Yuya as he gets out the car.

 

“ No problem.” Said Yoochun says watching as Yuya closed the door and wave at him and goes in the house.

 

Yuya takes off his shoes at the door and goes to his room quickly. Closing his bedroom door quietly. He takes off the wet clothes his wearing and changes. He then holds the jacket, Yoochun gave him and smiles.


 

 

Pim Stones- Neon Lights