Chapter 16

Delicate Dove

Changmin shows up at the school. As he arrived the entrance of the school is taped off and an ambulance is there and some police officers to hold the crowd of people back. People that are behind the tape are all wondering what's going on.

 

Changmin quickly gets on his car and ran towards the school entrance as he lifted up the tape. He was about to run in, but one of the officers stopped him.

 

"No one's allowed in the school, sir. So, please stay behind the tape."

 

Changmin was about to say something, but his eyes widen in shock once he saw paramedics bring someone out on a gurney. Eyes becoming bigger as he recognized that it was Yoochun lying there on the gurney.

 

" YOOCHUN!" Changmin shouted as he tried to push past the cop.

 

"Let me go! YOOCHUN!" Shouted Changmin in a frantic voice.

 

" Sir, I already told-" Said the cop.

 

Changmin got extremely mad and grabbed the officer by the collar. "He's my son."


 

Once Changmin said that he pushed past the officer and ran towards Yoochun side. The paramedics then lifted Yoochun into the ambulance and Changmin also got in. Soon the ambulance took off.

 

A few hours passed by and Changmin is now sitting in the waiting room. Soon he stood up as he saw Dr. Choi , in which is Jae's doctor, but also Yoochun's too. By Dr. Choi facial expression Changmin knew something is terribly wrong.

 

"I'm afraid, he's not doing that good. I need to speak with Jae." Said Dr. Choi.


 

Jaejoong is asleep in the hospital bed looking really pale, with chapped lips, and panting really hard. He's been asleep all day and looked so thin now as he hasn't been having a good appetite lately. He'll eating bits and pieces of small fruit, but that's it besides drinking water. Jae then slowly starts to wake up. Eyes slowly opening as he saw one of his nurses come in the room with a tray in her arms.

The tray consisted of Jae's meds and a glass of cold water.

 

She looked at him and smiled. "Well, you're finally awake, I see." She said gently rubbing Jae's arm.

 

Jae smiled at her." Has my soon come back yet."asked Jae.

 

"Nope, not yet, but I thought he would be here by now." Said the nurse.

 

Jaejoong looked down in disappointment. "Where's his Yoochun?"

 

Looking at his nurse."Can you help me sit up?"Asked Jae in a weak, but polite voice.

 

"Of course." Nurse said and gently help sit Jae up and he thanked her, then she left.

 

Few minutes passed and his private door to his room opened up to reveal Changmin coming in with Dr. Choi.

 

"Oh, Chang-" Said Jae, but stopped as he could sense something is wrong.

 

"Mr. Kim." Said Dr. Choi.

 

"What's wrong? I'm I getting higher dose in my meds." Said Jae wondering what's going on. He looked at Changmin to see his face is a little red, as if he was crying.

 

"Why is your face like that, changmin-" Asked Jae in confusion.

 

Changmin looked down and looked back up at Jae. " Jaejoong, it's not that. But Yoochun."

 

Eyes widen in shock in hearing his son's name." What's wrong with my, Yoochun?"Asked Jae as tears are coming up as if he knows it's not going to be good news.

 

Changmin cleared his throat. "There was an accident at his school. H-h-he somehow fell down four flights of stairs." Said Changmin.

 

Jaejoong broke down instantly and looked at Changmin and Dr. Choi.

 

" He's going to be okay, right. Is he awake? What's wrong with him?"Asked Jaejoong frantically as tears streamed down his face.

 

"Your son has a punctured lung from four cracked ribs, also sustained a very bad head damage. We did emergency surgery on him and currently we just finished a while ago. He's still not in the best condition. Right now he's in a...

Coma." Said Dr. Choi.

 

"Coma, how long?" Jae asked.

 

"There's no telling he could be in a coma for weeks, months, a year, or maybe more." Said Dr. Choi.

 

Changmin sat in a chair next to Jae holding his hand.

 

" As I said before we did surgery we took care of the punctured lung but he's having extremely difficulty breathing. Has a breathing tube in his mouth to help. The head injury is not looking good."Said Dr. Choi.

 

"Dr. Choi can you move Yoochun to my room, please if that's possible." Asked Jae with red puffy eyes.

 

"Of course." Said Dr. Choi leaving.



 

Jessica's House



 

"You guys are practically sitting on a gold mine." Said Jessica chuckling to herself.

 

"He's sick and came to South Korea to give me custody of that thing. Then leaving all his fortune to us, because he's dying.." Said Yunho as he arrived at the house a few minutes ago.

 

Jessica told Junsu to call Yunho and have him come over. Then let him in on what's going on. Yunho is sitting next to Junsu holding his hand.

" Bingo!" Said Jessica.

 

"What are we going to do?"Asked Junsu.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. " I already told you. Don't sepa-"Said Jessica, but was cut off.

 

Junsu frowned. "No, but I've haven't been that great to him lately. He could change his will at anytime. Before his time is up."

 

"I say we finish the job and end his life. He's dying anyway." Said Jessica looking at her decorated nails.

 

Junsu eyes widen. YAH! Are you crazy?"Said Junsu.

 

Jessica shrugged her shoulder." What, I say it's a good plan, right Yunho." She said and looked at Yunho.

 

"That can be plan B, but we have to find out who is keeping his will. Once we find him we have to keep an eye on him." Said Yunho.

 

It was silent for a moment until Junsu eyes widen.

 

"I remember it was an older man that came by Jaejoong's house and Jae told me to wait outside. I think he has it." Said Junsu.

 

"Do you know his name?" Asked Yunho.

 

Junsu closed his eyes trying to remember and suddenly his eyes snap open.

 

"Dong-wook. That's his name. Lee Dong-wook. Yeah, because I remember Jae saying his name." Said Junsu.

 

" We also need to take care of that, Changmin guy." Said Junsu

 

"Well now we know his name let's start planning." Said Jessica.





 

2 Months Later



 

Jaejoong laid in his hospital bed looking really pale and weak. His condition is getting worse as days slowly pass by. As days pass by so does his life. He’s slowly dying and there’s nothing his doctor can do for him anymore. He knows it. With chapped lips, dark circle under his eyes, hair slightly passed his shoulders. Changmin sat next to him looking at him and then he looked over to the other bed, in which is Yoochun still in a coma  just laying there.

 

Jaejoong’s breathing increased badly as he groaned in pain. His pain over the last two months have been extremely terrible. The pain is even more worse than when it started. Jaejoong slowly closed his eyes and groaned again and opened them. He then with slow movement sat up with the help of Changmin. Pulled the covers off of him and tried to get up from his bed.

 

“ You should stay in bed, Jae.” Said Changmin as he helped Jaejoong get up anyway.

 

“ I can’t I need to be by Yoochun’s side, Changmin.” SAid Jaejoong with determination in his voice even in his condition.

 

Changmin wrapped one of his arm’s around Jae’s waist as he helped him walk towards Yoochun’s bed side. Changmin then quickly grabbed a chair for Jae, and Jae slowly sat down. Jaejoong smiled as he caressed Yoochun’s cheek.

 

“ Yoochun, I’m sorry.” Said Jae as a single tear shedded from his eye. He then leaned forward and kissed Yoochun’s cheek.

 

Jaejoong then stood up and laid in the bed with Yoochun being carefully of all the wires hooked up to Yoochun. Jae then started to move hair out of yoochun’s face. He then slowly closed his eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

 

Changmin smiled sadly and then pulled cover up more on both Yoochun and Jaejoong. He then quietly stepped out the room. Started to walk to Dr. Choi’s office.

 

Arriving at the door Changmin knocked two times.

 

“ Come in.”

 

Changmin opened the door and walked in. He then greeted Dr. Choi and sat down.

 

“ How much time does he have left?” Asked Changmin looking at the floor.

 

Dr. Choi looked at Changmin and sighed. “ Two days or less.”

 

Changmin Choked on his tears as they slowly came out. “ There’s nothing else you can do. More treatment, transplant.”

 

“ We tried, but nothing worked. We couldn’t find any good matches for a transplant.” Said Dr. Choi.

 

Changmin then stood up stumbling a little bit as he walked towards the door. As he opened the door, Dr. Choi said something.

 

“ I would starting preparing if he doesn’t make it tonight or tomorrow.” Said Dr. Choi.

 

Changmin then walked out them room and walked back to Jae’s and Yoochun’s room. Arrived back at the room and walked in to see Jaejoong awake from just a short nap.

 

Changmin went to his side. “ You should rest some more. You’ve barely been getting any sleep.” Said Changmin.

 

“ I’m tired of resting.” Said Jae looking at Changmin.

 

Changmin just chuckled.

 

“ Can you do me a favor?’ Asked Jae.

 

Changmin grinned.” Anything.”

 

“ When I die there’s a small white box in the hospital closet. I want you to give it to Yoochun when he wakes up.” Said Jae.

 

Changmin nodded.

 

Jae then grabbed something from his hospital gown pocket. He pulled out a small key and handed it to Changmin.

“ Here also give this to him. He’ll need it to open the box. Something’s very important inside.” Said Jae.

 

Changmin took the key and put it in his pocket. He then looked at Jae. ”

 

“ I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have gotten you involved in my mess.” Said Jae.

 

“ You have nothing to be sorry about. I chosed to be involved. I’m glad I got involved because I found someone that I truly love and wish to be with forever. I love you, Jaejoong.” Said Changmin.

 

Jaejoong then turned over with tears in his eyes as he looked at Yoochun and then out the window.

 

“ C-Changmin, I’m not ready to leave yet.” Said Jae.

 

“ I know you’re not, love”




 

Next Day


 

1:20pm



 

Jaejoong is laying back in his bed with an oxygen mask over his face. Chest heaving up and down in quick pace. His eyes tightly closed shut, little beads of sweat falling down his pale beautiful skin. Jaejoong groaned loudly in pain. Some of his hair was sticking to his neck because of the sweat.

He then barely opened his eyes and gave a small smile to Changmin. Quickly closed them again groaning even more loudly

 

Changmin eyes swollen a little and red from crying . He knows today is the day. Final day. He tightly gripped Jae’s hand, but not too tight. “Ahhhh”  a shoot of pain shoot through Jae.

 

Changmin then quickly got up as he saw Jae was trying to talk. He leaned down towards Jae.

 

“ Do you need something? Are you uncomfortable?”  Asked Changmin.

 

Jaejoong slowly raised his hand and lifted up his oxygen mask a little. “ Ahhhh, S-someone’s coming by. I-I-I need you to make sure he gets to my room. He’s bring some papers. I n-n-need to quickly fix them before it’s too late. Ahhhh, he's coming around six o'clock” Said Jae in a quiet whisper and put his oxygen mask back on.

 

Changmin nodded his head.


 

4:30pm


 

Jaejoong’s condition has gotten even more worse that he can’t talk anymore. Eyes still closed shut as the oxygen mask lays on his face.

 

Changmin is sitting in the VIP waiting room. His leg shaking as he’s waiting for this man to show up. He then looked at the clock. As time passes by, every second, minute, and hour Jae get life is slowly leaving him.


 

6:12pm


 

Jaejoong’s breathing is out of control he’s panting like crazy. It’s as if the oxygen mask is not helping anymore. Lot’s of sweat coming down Jae’s forehead, boths hands tightly gripping the sheets.

 

Changmin is in the room running back and forth between Jae’s room and the waiting room. He’s now in Jae’s room standing next to Jaejoong. He gently wiped Jae’s forehead as Jae open his eyes and looked at Changmin.

“ Don’t worry, he’ll be here.” Said Changmin. Jae just closes his eyes as his breathing continues to go crazy. Jaejoong whimpered and groaned in pain.

 

Changmin Kissed Jae forehead  and walked back out the room.

 

As Changmin just left, Jaejoong room door opens again. Jae opened his eyes to it if it was changmin, but it wasn’t. It was a tall man that looked young. He had jet black stylish hair, is wearing a doctors white coat, with a dark blue navy button down shirt, and black dress pants.

 

As Jae had his eyes open, everything in his sight is now blurry. He could catch some defining details when the person walked in. Jae looked at the man in confusion this was not his doctor. He never seen this man before at all. The man then took off Jae’s oxygen mask.

 

Jae started to cough uncontrollably and wheezing.

 

The man smiled and held up a syringe that is filled with some kind of liquid. He then injected it in Jaejoong’s IV. Slowly pushing the substance in.

 

“ I’m just filling in for Dr. Choi. I’m giving you something that can speed up the situation you’re in. You want be in no pain anymore.” Said the man.

 

Jae grip on the bed sheets tighten as he looked at the man with wide eyes. The man just smiled and watched as Jaejoong struggled. Jae then looked at Yoochun that is beside him as tears fell from his eyes. The man noticed this and smiled even more.

 

“ Don’t worry he’ll be in good hands once you’re gone.” Said the man.

 

Jaejoong then tried to reach with the strength he has for the nurse call button. The man slapped it out of Jae’s hand.

 

“ Ah, you won’t be needing this.” Said the man and then left.



 

Changmin smiled as he saw the older man that Jaejoong was talking about, Lee Dong-wook. He walked towards the man and smiled. Dong-wook smiled also as he held some papers in his right hand.

 

“ Ah, You’re finally here. Come Jae’s waiting. He doesn’t have that much time.” Said Changmin as he guide Dong-wook to the room.

 

“ Ah, yeah. “

 

As they are walking down the hallway nurse and doctors ran passed them in quick speed. Changmin looked in the direction they are running towards and his eyes widen.

 

“ Jae.” Said Changmin as he ran towards the room.


 

As he arrived the room is crowd full of doctors and nurse trying to help. Soon the sound of the heart monitor went flat.



 

“ JAEJOONG!!!”