Chapter 13

Delicate Dove

The loud sounds of sirens echoed in the high class neighborhood as paramedics pulled Jaejoong out the huge mansion on a stretcher with Yoochun behind them in a crying mess. Yoochun is right by Jae’s side crying holding his hand.

 

“ MOM! MOM! OPEN YOUR EYES! MOM!” Shouted Yoochun.

 

The paramedics then gently pushed Yoochun back and lifted Jaejoong into the ambulance. The sound of a motorcycle pulled up to the scene.Yoochun turned to see it was Changmin. Changmin looked at the scene and instantly knew what is going on. Then he went to the paramedics.

 

“ He has a primary care physician. Take him to Seoul Hospital.” Said Changmin to the paramedics.

 

Changmin then quickly went to Yoochun’s side and held him by the shoulders. Yoochun tried to push Changmin away still crying.

 

“MOM!” Shouts Yoochun as he tries to get in the ambulance, but Changmin pulls him back.

 

Slapping Changmin’s hand away. “ LET GO! MOM!”

 

Changmin grabbed Yoochun again by the shoulders looking him straight in the eyes. “ Listen to me carefully. Your mom is alright. Don’t worry. Stay here, I’ll go with him.” Said Changmin rubbing Yoochun’s back in soothing circles as he lead Yoochun back into the mansion.

 

Arriving inside the mansion Yoochun sat on the couch red faced with tears still coming down his face. Changmin still rubbing his back.

 

“ It’s going to be okay. I’ll be back. Just wait right here.” Changmin said and quickly left the house.

 

Yoochun just stared at the ground with both his hands on his knees gripping his pants in a tight grip.





SEOUL HOSPITAL



Changmin quickly arrived at the hospital and ran inside to see doctors rushing to the VIP area and hooking Jaejoong up to some machines and put an IV in him. Then putting an oxygen mask over his face. Then the doctor’s pushed Changmin out the room.

Soon an hour passed by and Changmin was now talking with Jaejoong’s doctor or physician.

 

“ Is it very bad?” Asked Changmin with complete worry.

 

“Let’s stop the treatment.” Said Dr.Choi.

 

“ His body has reached a point where it can no longer withstand the treatment. The heart disease and cancer is really taking a hold tole on his body that’s it’s to the point where we can’t do anything anymore.” Said Dr.Choi.

 

“ D-d-ddoctor w-what do y-you mean?” Said Changmin with wide eyes.

 

Dr.Choi sighed and looked at Changmin. “ It seems it’s time to start focusing being prepared. He doesn’t have that much time.” Said Dr.Choi leaving.

 

Changmin slowly walked into Jaejoong’s room and looked at him. He then pulled a chair up next to Jae and sat down. Soon Jaejoong was starting to wake up. Slowly turning his head Jae smiled as he saw Changmin.

 

Changmin sadly  smiled back. “ They’ll move you to your room soon. Your doctor said you’ll need to be admitted until your immune system recovers some.” Said Changmin.

 

Jaejoong eyes quickly widen. “ Yoochun! What about Yoochun? I don’t remember what happened.” Said Jae.

 

“ Yoochun… called the ambulance” Said Changmin.

 

“ What did you tell him?” Asked Jaejoong shocked and worried.

 

“ I told him that you fainted from overworking. He really wanted to come along. It was hard to stop him.” Said Changmin.

 

“ You did well. Thank you.” Said Jae.

 

“ How long do you plan to hide it? Don’t you think you’re wasting your time? Isn’t there anything you want to do?” Asked Changmin now caressing Jae’s hand.

 

“What? Like travel the world. Climb the tallest mountain, before I die. Do you think I want to do things like that?” Said Jaejoong.

 

Changmin just stayed silent.

 

“ The wish of the dying isn’t something tremendous. I want to die as a mother. I want to live as Yoochun’s mom before I die. That is my wish. I would have told him already, if it was curable. The moment Yoochun finds out there’s nothing left to do, but watch him grieve.” Said Jaejoong looking at Changmin as he looked at jim with sad expression in his eyes.

 

“ Don’t look at me like that. Having a loved one to whom I can devote my life…

do you know how pleasant that is?” Said Jae.

 

Changmin looked down and stood up. “ In front of that precious son, you don’t want to faint again. So, stay in the hospital, at least. Also call him he’s probably waiting. I’m going to get some coffee. I’ll be right back.” Said Changmin leaving.

 

Jaejoong grabbed his cellphone and dialed Yoochun’s number and put it up to his ear. Soon Yoochun answered the phone. Not saying anything.

 

“ Yoochun, don’t worry I overworked myself. It’s nothing serious. I’ll stay in the hospital overnight and go home tomorrow…

Yoochun? Why aren’t you saying anything?” Said Jae.

 

“ I.. want to stay there with you. Tell that hyung to pick me up” Said Yoochun.



“ No, this place is uncomfortable. Anyway you have school tomorrow.” Said Jaejoong.

 

“ I… want to be there...with you.” Said Yoochun.

 

Jaejoong smiled and looked down at his lap. “...Okay.”




Time passed by and Yoochun was now at the hospital as Changmin lead him to his mother’s room with a gentle hand on his back. They stopped at the door and Changmin gave him a nod at the door and left. Yoochun knocked first then opened the door slowly.

 

Revealing his pale mother sitting in the hospital bed, Yoochun then slowly made his way towards his mom not saying a word. He then took off his shoes and gets in the bed and lays next to his mother. With his back facing Jae.

 

Jaejoong smiled and caressed Yoochun’s head. “ You made it? You must be uncomfortable?”

 

“ Stay like this. Don’t do any designs for anyone anymore! You said you weren’t going to work when we came to Korea. Why aren’t you keeping your promise?” Said Yoochun.

 

“ This is the last one. I want do it anymore.” Said Jaejoong.

 

Silence took over for a while until Yoochun spoke.

 

“ Are you sick… because of me? Because I annoy you and angered you everyday?” Asked Yoochun.

 

“ ANI! “ said Jae quickly.

 

“ That’s not why, but you have the ability to heal me instantly.” Said Jae.

 

Yoochun quickly sat up and looked at his mom. “ How?... Tell me.”

 

“ Hold my hand, Yoochun” Said Jaejoong.

 

Yoochun just looked at Jae. “ You still don’t want to hold my hand” Said Jae.

 

Yoochun then slowly took Jaejoong’s hand and stared at his mother. Jaejoong smiled with tears as he looked at Yoochun’s hands holding his.

 

“ Your hands are so cold. Are you sick?” Asked Yoochun.

 

“ No, I’m fine.” Said Jae still looking at Yoochun’s hands.

 

“ I’ll hold your hand everyday, so don’t be sick. ”Said Yoochun.

 

Jaejoong looked away sad. “ Okay? Don’t be sick.” Said Yoochun.

 

“ I understand. I won’t.”Said Jaejoong.

 

Soon yoochun fell asleep still holding his mother’s hand as Jaejoong stared at him with love and care in his eyes. A few tears escaping his face.





NEXT DAY



Jaejoong was now getting discharged as Yoochun was at school. Arriving at home Jaejoong slowly made his way inside. He then quickly took some of his medicine that his doctor prescribed for him. Then he made his way to his huge office area, but stopped as he entered the room. Sitting in his sit is Junsu with pictures of JUnsu and Yunho,Minho and then pictures of Jaejoong and Yunho spread out on his desk. Junsu slowly stood up with tears and anger in his eyes.

 

“ J-un-su” Said Jae stuttering.

 

“ I think you’ve been lying to me.” Said Junsu with a picture of Jaejoong and Yunho kissing in his hand.

 

Jaejoong looked down. “ You’re right… there are things I couldn’t tell you…, but Yoochun’s dad-” Said jae, but was cut off.

 

“ You said you didn’t know where he lives.” Said Junsu crumpling up the picture.

 

“ No. I know. I know he’s living and what kind of person his wife is I know it all.” Said JAe looking at Junsu

 

“ Since when.” Junsu said.

 

“ Ever since I came to Korea.” Said Jae.

 

“ Why didn’t you tell me? NO...Why… did you fool me?” Said Junsu with anger in his voice.

 

Jaejoong just stayed quiet. “ Is Yoochun… Yunho’s son.” Asked Junsu.

 

Jaejoong just looked down with tears.

 

Tears rolling down Junsu face and he smirked. “Ah, were you satisfied at seeing how desperate I was for money?... How much you must’ve laughed at me, someone who believed you were my friend. It was entertaining wasn’t it.” Said Junsu throwing the crumpled picture at Jaejoong’s face.

 

“ I was going to tell-”Said Jae, but was cut off with a hard slap to the face.

 

“! YOU’VE MUST’VE HAD A GREAT TIME SEEING HOW I LIVED AND THIRSTING MONEY. I REALLY THOUGHT YOU ARE MY FRIEND. HOW COULD I BE SUCH A FOOL.” Said Junsu in pure anger.

 

Wincing in pain Jaejoong held his cheek.




“ Since you want to ruin my life…

I’ll ruin yours.”