Chapter 34

Alpha VS Vampire

Kai's POV

I opened the door to see my appa sitting in his polished wooden chair with one of his legs on top of the other and with a smile. 

"Good seeing you my son." he said 

I kneeled down. "Great seeing you again appa."

I sat down on the sofa that was on the right. Then, a maid came in with a tray which had a bunch of small cakes and cookies with coffee. She handed me a cup, bowed down and left. I took a sip of the coffee and decided to serve myself with some of the snacks. 

"I heard about you and the red little alpha." my appa said, starting up the conversation, getting straight to the point "You love her don't you?"

I smiled. "Yes I do... More than anything else in this world. I know my next position is to be king and in order for that to happen I will need to prove myself with marriage and a son." 

"Yes..." agreed my father "It is old tradition but none-the-less the law." 

"I know. I want to be with Krystal, not Yuri. I want Krystal to have my babies and to wed her." 

"I can tell my son, but you must know that your love is quite forbidden back in the day... Now it is different but still it will be uncanny for a Vampire King to marry an alpha." 

I sighed. "I believe not. I think by doing this it would make the treaty stranger and for our clans to get closer. My goal as the next Vampire King is to get all wolves and vampires to unite as one and live in peace. No more wars and disputes I'm sick of the old ways and I'm sure the new generation can understand too." 

My appa nodded. "You are correct and in many aspects your way of thinking is right, but your mother doesn't see it like this. You know that she begs to differ and will continue to think of doing things the old ways. You and Yuri were suppose to be bounded by birth and to developed feelings for eachother but that didn't happen. Do you know why?" 

"Why?" I questioned "Despite the fact she is with me by blood... I feel nothing for her at all..."

"You two aren't related by full blood. You are by half."

"You mean,,,,,"

"Yes. You son... You belonged to my past lover in life. Did you know how she died?"

I stayed silent without knowing what to say next. My appa seemed so calm to tell me this now after all of these centuries. This means that umma knew we weren't related with full blood so it means I didn't need to fall in love with Yuri at all. My umma basically tried to force everything on me.... 

"Yes or no?" asked my appa, cutting me out of my train of thought 

"Of course."

"It was a long time ago and your real mother knew she was pregnant with you. During this time your grandpa who is know long old and dead set me up with another woman. She fell fo rme at first sight but we had nothing in common just the fact that the two of us came from well distinguished families. Your mother Kai... She was beautiful and has the most beautiful heart, helping everyone she can. When I found out about the pregnancy I was so happy to be a father but then at the same time the woman that grandpa set me with also had a child. I never remembered the night we consummated because I was drugged... Either way, the girl met up with your mother and threatened to kill her baby if she did not die after giving birth. This woman... She was more powerful then I was back then because I was to be the next Vampire King and she was the princess."

"You mean my umma now... She..." 

"She killed your actual mother Kai. The woman was filled with envy and killed her upon giving death to you. Your real mother Kai was a beautiful woman. Every time I see you, it reminds me of her and the love we shared." my appa stated "If you love someone son, chase after her. Protect her."

"I'm planning to visit the Alpha King in about 3 days and pack my things."  I recalled "I'll try to stay there for as long as I can to convince Krystal to come back to me and tell me what happened. I don't understand why she left and I cant lose her. I love her. I want to ask her to marry me too. I have the ring and everything... I'm praying that she has the same feelings as I do." 

My appa smiled. "It's good to see you being so in love. What kind of wolf is she?"

"She's a red alpha... The rarest and most beautiful kind." 

"Interesting... I must see her."

"You will."