Chapter 29

Alpha VS Vampire

"What is umma doing here?" questioned Kai walking back and forth running his hands in his hair

"Is something wrong?" I questioned

Kai came up to me and held my hands tightly. 

"Krystal, whatever you do, you must not listen to whatever my umma says. Never get persuaded by her to get away from me. Understood?" 

I reluctantly nodded. 

"Promise me then." he said

"Promise." 

His face lit up into the cute boyish smile I know and love. Can he get any cuter? I sighed and laid down on the bed. 

"So what is going to happen now?"

Kai smirked. "I don't know. You're in my room. What do you want?" 

My face immediately turned red. "We just came back!" 

"So?" 

"Kai!" 

He laughed. "Alright I won't touch you."

"KAI COME DOWN HERE NOW!" bellowed Kai's mom

He shrugged. "Stay up here. Do not go down stairs no matter what. Understood?" 

I nodded. Going up towards Kai's pillow and laying down. "I'm gonna take a nap then."

He smiled. "Do that. When you wake up, I'll make sure my umma is gone so no trouble will emerge."

I yawned and closed my eyes, falling asleep. 

*****

When I woke up, everything was quiet like no one was there. I didn't even hear any of the maid's steps. I got up and remembered Kai telling me not to get out of the room but the temptation was unbearable. No one is probably outside. I got up and opened the door, walking towards my room. Mind as well as take rest in my room from now on. 

"Ahhh!" I shouted in shock 

"So your Krystal." 

My eyes widened. I didn't even smell her. What the heck? "Where is Kai?" 

She smiled. "Ahdeu(son) and dtal(daughter) went for a walk. Well, aren't you pretty." 

"Thank you." I said in a small voice

"Your welcome. Would you like to go for a walk with me? I swear I won't bite." 

"I don't know..." I replied 

"Kai told you to stay away from me huh?" Kai's mom asked, getting to the point

I merely nodded. 

"Don't worry about him. He won't mind me stealing you ."

"I'm not sure about this."

She sighed. "Fine, then I'll just have a little chat with you in this room. It's easier any ways. I thought fresh air might be nicer when I break the news to you." 

"What do mean?" 

"I mean you need to get the out of my son's life!" she shouted 

I jumped to her sudden yelling. Kai's mom is just as insane as Yuri, probably worse. "Why should I? I love him." 

Kai's umma scoffed. "Love him? Poor dear. You are an alpha! Love isn't a thing for creatures like you with vampires!"  

"What does alphas and vampires have to do with love? Last time I checked you and the alphas are making peace treaties." 

She smirked. "We are. I just don't like you. Why don't you go back to your damn pack. After all you are an alpha." 

"I'm a bodyguard now." 

"Hmm? I don't think so. When was the last time I've heard a werewolf like you who is supposedly the next alpha of the Rain Lords coming to be a bodyguard? It sounds weird to me. You are also just a high school graduate and people already calls you alpha. Not THE alpha but AN alpha." 

"So?" I questioned. "I can't be alpha, but people have taken that name to me. No one calls me that anymore."

"You should be the alpha." stated Kai's mom "You deserve that title more than anyone. Red werewolf." 

My eyes widened. "How did you know that? Only Kai has seen me in my form." 

"Honey I don't need to see you in your form all I needed to was just ask your so called Alpha King. He kindly told me about you." 

"What ever." 

Sighing to myself I was heading towards the door since I was done hearing bull crap from Kai's umma. Can't she just leave me alone. What does she want from me? 

"Don't think you are special because you are different from your kind. To me you are nothing but an ant under my feet. Yuri and Kai deserve each other and no one can stop this outcome. It has been tradition and I have no intention of having a low life like you end it." 

"Do you really think I care about what you said? I'm happy with Kai and you can't change that." 

"I can." stated Kai's mother 

"As if." I retorted 

"Look across from your window." 

I gasped, wanting to turn away but couldn't because Kai's mom had her hands holding firmly on my arms to make sure I didn't look away. I was struggling to get out of her grasp ad run down to Kai to ask what he was doing and why he would play me like this. 

"You see?" whispered Kai's umma "He never loved you."

Tears streamed down my face, the droplets making their way down my cheeks to the floor. I couldn't stop them from falling down What I saw in front of me broke my heart into a million pieces. He was down on one knee holding a ring in front of Yuri and her face was priceless, being the happiest girl in the world.Was this what I deserved? Did he play me? Was our getaway together a lie? 

"Now what are you going to do Krystal?" the lady mused "Stay and see Kai and Yuri's marriage or runaway and stop your aching heart." 

I wasn't going to reply to her and let her taste the glory of being right, but I spotted Kai slipping the ring onto Yuri's slim finger and her smiling as wide as the ocean before planting a kiss on his soft lips which is suppose to be mine. Nor being able to take the sight any longer I was already packing my things and calling for a cab to et back into my world where I belong. Not with him. Not here where I would be hurt. Not here where I would have to witness their happiness together. Before I made my way to the front door, I took off the silver band bracelet which slide off easily. Weird, before I couldn't even take it off... It must be because I wasn't his true love... 

"Where would you like to go?" the driver asked

"Home please. Take me back and tell my parents and the Alpha king to find a replacement for Kai's bodyguard." 

"You sure you want to do this?" warned the driver "I have no rights to be in this for I am a stranger, but this isn't like you." 

"Just go." 

He nodded and said nothing more allowing me to sob away for the whole ride going home.

Author's Note: NOT ABOUT THE STORY. :) ummmm this is kinda awkward, but if you want please follow me on Instagram at princepocky890. It would be amazing if you did!