Chapter 24

Alpha VS Vampire

"Wake up!" shouted Kai, holding on to my shoulders and shaking

"Five more minutes please." I mumbled

"If you don't wake up, I swear to god you won't get any breakfast." Kai stated

I immediately got up. "I'll get ready."

"So now you get up." shrugged Kai

He pecked at my lips, showing me his cute little boy smile. Waking up next to him actually feels nice. I got out of the bed and went towards the bathroom. Kai came inside when I was washing my face and brushing my teeth. It is really cold this morning.... I wiped my face with the towel and went out of the bathroom. I opened my backpack to see that my clothes are gone!

"Kai where did you put my clothes!" I shouted

"It's in the closet!" he responded "Wear the white spaghetti stripped shirt and denim shorts please."

"Like in hell I would!" I replied

Kai got out of the bathroom dressed in a white long sleeve button up with light blue skinny jeans. Damn can a man be this hot?

"So you did listen to me." smirked Kai

I rolled my eyes. "You are so lucky I'm wearing this."

He bite his lip. "I am."

Kai caressed my cheek with his thumb. "Shall we go?"

I nodded. "Where are we going though?"

"Market." said Kai "It's about 6 now so we are just going to grab some things and make our own breakfast."

My eyes widened. "It's barely 6?!"

He laughed. "Yeah why?"

"Why did you wake me up so early?!" I whined

"Cause can't sleep with you next to me and doing nothing." he confessed

My cheeks got hot. Is he serious?

"I'm serious Krystal. You were too distracting. I barely had 3 hours of sleep on and off."

I said nothing in response for I was too shocked and happy.

"Let's just go to the market." sighed Kai trying to change the subject

I smiled. "This better be good if I am waking up so early."

He chuckled. "Oh it's the best."

We got into the car and Kai began to drive. I the radio and sang to the songs. Kai laughed and sang along too. I never knew he had such an amazing voice. The drive was actually pretty short only about 10 minutes and we had already arrived at the market; an open market. I was surprised to see people up so early and selling different kinds of foods.

"Wow. Lots of people." I admitted

"Yeah. All of the people here are really nice." he said

Kai took a hold of my hand. "No more talk. Let's go shopping."

"I never thought I would ever hear a guy say let's go shopping." I laughed

"Very funny." Kai commented

We walked to a shop that sold different types of meat. My were caught dead on at this bucket that had live octopus crawling. Holy lord that's cool! Kai noticed what I was looking at. he signaled for the owner.

"Long time no see Kai." smiled the old man "It's been like what? 5 years?"

"Around there. Nice to see you hal-abeoji." he replied

"Kai you didn't tell me you have a grandpa." I whispered

He laughed. "He's not my REAL hal-albeoji Krystal, My family doesn't even talk to one another, but this place. Everyone here is considered my family. Neat huh?"

I nodded. "Why don't you talk to your family?"

"Oh they want to kill me." he answered "Everyone wants more power these days."

"True." I agreed "Wished they would just learn to..."

"Love." Kai smiled finishing my sentence

I smiled back. "Yep."

"Aren't you a cute couple." laughed Kai's grandpa "Well, what do you want today? On the house."

"Serious?" questioned Kai

"Yeah... A celebration for your new girlfriend." smiled Kai's grandpa

"Okay then..." smiled Kai "I would love some of that octopus you have there."

Kai's hal-abeoji's face turned white. I wanted to laugh, but I restrained myself. He nodded glumly and handed Kai the moving octopus in a plastic bag.

"Treat them well."

Kai laughed. "They will be treated well, in my tummy."

Kai took my hand and walked out of the shop. I chuckled lightly as we left his hal-abeoji. The two of us stopped at various shops like a flour shop, veggie shop, and last a meat shop. Surprisingly there was a coffee and tea shop that sold tea leaves harvested from the morning and coffee beans. I thought it was pretty cool. After shopping and getting all of the necessary things, we headed home.

"So are you going to do all the cooking?" I questioned "Because I'll be very happy if you do."

Kai laughed. "You're gonna help me."

I pouted "Do I have to?"

He rolled his eyes. "What do you think?"

"Fine..."

Kai smile widened. "Alright."

Somehow his smile gave me the creeps. What is Kai thinking? I took half of the groceries and walked with Kai into the mansion. We placed the food down once we got into the kitchen. Kai opened the cupboards, grabbed a cutting board, and placed it on the table. He got the bag with the moving octopus and placed them in the sink, turning on the sink water. Honestly, I felt scared looking at them.

"Have you ever eaten octopus?" asked Kai

"Yeah... But I've never seen them alive like this." I admitted

Kai smirked and grabbed one, shoving them closer to my face.  I screamed in fear, causing him laugh. He chased me with the octopus and I didn't know what to do so I ran.

"Stop Kai!" I begged

"Oh come on it's just an animal. It's cute!" he replied

"So you are just going to chase me with this octopus and not cook?" I reasoned

Kai stopped and placed the octopus back into the sink. "You're right Let's start cooking okay?"

I smiled. "I like the sound of that. What are we making?"

"Pancakes with octopus and other types of pancakes. We will be having coffee and vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries for dessert."

"Sounds good."

"After," Kai continued coming towards me for a hug "We will be going on a romantic boat ride and go for a swim."

I bite my lip. "Sounds good."

Kai smirked, pecking my lips. "Of course it does."