Chapter 12

Alpha VS Vampire

I didn't know what to say. This is probably the most awkward situation in my life. Why the hell did Kai do that? Yuri stepped towards me, but I held my ground and stood still. We eyed each other to see who will budge first. She took another step and then another till we are face to face. Kai who stood next to me push me aside so he can face Yuri, still holding onto my sweaty hand. I scoffed, trying to pull my hand away, but he gave me a glance that I wasn't expecting like he wanted to protect me? I admit I was weirded out, but what Kai is doing seems so sweet.... Yuri gazed at Kai, softening her eyes. She put a hand on his right cheek, caressing it gently, slowly, and tenderly.

"Oppa kiss me?" she asked softly which kind of sounded like a demanded

Kai's face hardened as he put his hand on hers. He looked at her with cold eyes leaning closer to her lips. I shut my eyes not wanting to see the scene, not wanting to be hurt seeing their PDA. I opened one eye to see what was happening as Kai stopped himself when he was 1 cm from Yuri's lips.

"No." he said bluntly backing away

I was caught off guard by his words, but Yuri was astonished. Yuri took her hand off of Kai's cheek and backed away, still with wide eyes. She turned towards me and slapped me across the face. I felt the stinging pain as her hand smoothly made contact with my left cheek. Yuri was going to hit me another time, but Kai grabbed her hand from doing so. I didn't know what to do, what to say, or how to take action for I felt I had no right to hurt this woman. We are on the same boat. We both love him very dearly. Kai tsked and pushed Yuri to the ground. I gasped in shock as he forcefully shoved her that way, like a mad man.

"DON'T YOU DARE HIT KRYSTAL AGAIN!" he bellowed in the harshest tone possible giving me goose bumps

"Kai it's fine." I muttered trying to calm him down

Yuri laughed at us, cutting Kai off. She wiped away her tears, standing back up.

"Oppa you would pick a low life alpha over me? Over your own sister? Don't hit her? I'll do what ever I want cause she's not just YOUR body guard!" she stated

Kai was about to say something back at her, until Yuri walked away from us heading towards the bucket filled with ice that contained a bottle of champagne. She came back with an opened bottle of champagne. Taking large gulps of the alcohol, Yuri smirked at me, her lips amused. Yuri turned the champagne bottle over and held it by the top, slamming the bottle onto the marble table, causing a glass to shoot all over the place. I felt a small glass shard hit scrape my left cheek causing a small cut and blood falling down my face. What the... Yuri still holding onto the top of the champagne bottle, eyed at me as show slowly insert the broken bottle into her flesh. Her left hand trickled down blood slowly making its way to the floor.

"Oh my lord!" I gasped

Kai seemed just as horrified as I was and ran towards, Yuri taking the champagne bottle out of her hand, throwing it aside. He gripped both of her shoulders, shaking her a little.

"Are you crazy?!" he asked

She nodded. "If that's what it take to get your attention then yes. Yes I am crazy."

I took a step towards them, but something held me back. I wanted to continue on, but my legs wouldn't move... What the hell? I saw Yuri's mouth twitch into a little smile, but immediately went back to a hurt innocent girl.

"Oppa tell me you love me!" she demanded

Kai said nothing.

Yuri clenched her teeth, digging her fingers into her wound that was beginning to heal by itself.

"Tell me you love me!" she snapped

Kai turned around to see me with red eyes on the verge of tears. I nodded my head, indicating he should say those words... The words that will break me...  

"I love you." said Kai in a husky voice

I felt my heart that is thumping, breaking into little pieces right now... It is for the best right?

Yuri smirked. "Do you love me more that Krystal?"

Kai cupped Yuri's face replying "Yes. Now will you let me heal you?"

She nodded, having a smile on her face like she had just won a lottery.

Kai clenched his teeth as he kissed Yuri's wound, healing it. My body to froze, feeling numb inside. I saw the look in his eyes, indicating he didn't like doing this either or saying what he just said. As Yuri's wound was healed, the two stood up, walking up to me. I held a fist, keeping my anger in tact, feeling pain, jealousy, and worst of all hate. This is the first time I've hated someone like this and it isn't how I'm raised. This is not someone I want to be. I let go of the clenched fist sighing to myself. Yuri who is now wrapped around Kai's shoulder closed her eyes, enjoying every last moment. It only made my heart ache even more, slowing losing its beating. 

"I'm gonna go for a walk with Yuri, but we'll be home before you know it." he assured

I nodded. The two left, closing the door with a little slam. My legs felt like jelly and I dropped to the floor. Tears fall down one after another like a huge waterfall. I don't really understand why I am crying, but it hurts... it really is in pain.... my heart. So this is what it means to love what you can't have and Yuri just proved it...

*****

I woke up from a little nap. I must've cried a lot to be sleeping so soundly. Looking at the time it was around 11 PM. Yawning, I headed towards the bathroom, checking myself out to see if my eyes are red. Yep, definitely red. I touched my now dried wound to see it wasn't that bad of a cut. I washed my face and took a fast hot shower. As I finished up, I went to the living room to get the two bags. The glass from the champagne bottle was still there, which made matters worse, reminding me of the event that just occurred. I heard a knock on the door and opened it to see Kai by himself. Where is Yuri?

"Yuri is at another room in this hotel. She won't be coming with us to the ball tonight." said Kai reading my thoughts

"What why?" I questioned

"She was sleepy." Kai lied

I gave him a bad stare, but he didn't seem to want to talk about it. I sighed giving up and headed towards my room.

"Where are you going?" he questioned

"Changing so we can go to the ball what do you think?" I responded

Kai shrugged. "I thought you wouldn't want to go because of what happened."

"I'll go to see my parents. Nothing more nothing less." I state

"Okay." he said pulling me towards him and my cheek

I blushed, but pushed him away like I always do.

"Thank you." I muttered

 I went to the bathroom getting out the blow dryer. After I got my hair in good condition, I found a curling iron and curled my hair into light waves, using only a little bit of hairspray. I put on the dress Kai picked for me and the shoes. Doing my regular "to go" makeup, I heard a knock on the door.

"Done yet?" asked Kai

"Almost!" I replied "And it's only been 20 minutes. You can't rush a girl!"

I heard him laugh a little at my joke, making me smile. out of the bathroom, I see a hot and y man in front of me. Kai had on a black suit and tie with black slacks topping the outfit off with black shoes and that one million dollar smirk of his. I had to admit he looks good like that. The clothes fit him perfectly showing his broad shoulders. I imagined his abs in my head, but shook my head after. I can't day dream right now!

"Like what you see?" he asked

I didn't reply, even though in my mind shouted out YES. I headed out of the hotel room with Kai still behind me. I swear I can hear Kai chuckling as we headed down the elevator. We went out of the hotel, going into a black limo. As we arrived at the ball, Kai put his hand around my waist. I tried to move away, but he wouldn't budge.

"Tonight you are my date so don't you dare leave my side or talk to any guys okay?" he commanded

"Wow. So possessive, owning, and such a control freak Kai." I joked in a sarcastic tone, elbowing his rock hard stomach

"Yes. That describes exactly who I am." he said in a serious voice

Kai pulled me closer to him, pecking my lips. He then smirked at me and we made our way towards the ball. Ooh this is going to be a loong night.