Chapter 19

Alpha VS Vampire

"You're serious?!" I asked

He nodded. "Why would I be kidding with you."

"But why did you guys make me take care of Kai in the first place? He never needed me for protection." I stated

"It was all meant to see what kind of person he was. All the girls that were sent back were in... tears. I really couldn't understand why and they wouldn't spill a single word until I found out each and everyone of them fell for him and slept with him. The next thing you know, he dumps the chick and sent her back." sighed Minhyuk

"Why would he want to do that?"

"To piss off the counselors. They have a love hate relationship."

"That isn't the Kai I know!" I countered

"How long have been with him Krystal? You think you know him?" Minhyuk pointed out

I shut my mouth up. Minhyuk was right. I know nothing about Kai.

"I'm sorry Krystal." sighed Minhyuk "I didn't mean it that way. You like him huh?"

I nodded, still not saying anything.

Minhyuk shrugged. "Look you don't have to come back to us, but make sure you keep out of trouble. I kinda figured you're dating him."

"Yeah." I said with a small smile lifting up my right hand that has our couple bracelet

I walked up to Minhyuk. giving him one last hug. That's right I can't leave here. I don't want to leave...

"Krystal." he whispered hugging me tighter and doing something I've never expected him to do.

Minhyuk kissed my cheek. What just happened?

He backed off, using his right and to caress my cheek; the part where he kissed it.

"This is going to be my last memory of you Krystal. Do you wish to stay here or go back to our world?" asked Minhyuk

"Stay." I confirmed "I'll stay here."

"Are you sure this is your final choice. If you say yes, then your ties with the alpha world will be gone."

"Yes."

Minhyuk smiled. "Alright. Well, we won't see each other again till the next ball."

"Wished they have better food." I drawled

Minhyuk laughed. "That is what we can both agree on. Oh there's alcohol you can't eat that!"

"Why do they do that to us?" I whined

Minhyuk checked his phone, seeing the time. "Well, I gotta go."

I smiled sadly. "Really?"

Do you want me to stay?" mused Minhyuk

I laughed. "If I asked you to stay you will still say no. A son of the king of alphas can't stay with a normal wolf like me."

"You aren't normal." replied Minhyuk "I think being a red alpha makes you.. abnormal."

I rolled my eyes. "Not like I choose to be one."

He laughed. "Alright. Well, I have to get going."

"Bye!"

"Bye."

*****

After Minhyuk left, I began to put the cups and teapots on the tray along with the plates that had the cookies. I took one last chocolate chip cookie, eating it with delight. When I finished cleaning up the table and putting the chairs back, I pushed the tray towards the kitchen. As I did so, a pair of large warm hands wrapped themselves around me. I touched his hands, untangling his fingers and turning around, embracing the man I love.

"I thought you were going to leave me..." he stuttered

"Why would I do that?" I questioned

"I don't know... I guess I'm just insecure..."

I hugged him tighter. "What is there to be insecure about? I"m here for you right?"

"You're right, but it's the first time I've ever felt like this about anyone... About wanting to keep someone."

My world felt like it stopped. He wants to keep me for life? Kai's words warmed my heart.

"I want to be with you too Kai." I confessed "But I need to know something."

He looked at me deep into my eyes. "What do you want to know?"

"About the other alphas. Why did you sleep with them and then dump them?" I questioned

Kai sighed, breaking me apart from him.

"I don't want to talk about it."

I shrugged. "Why? Why can't you tell me what happened?"

"Because it's a part of my past I don't want to remember Krystal!" he snapped

I gasped in shock. Kai just yelled at me. This is probably the first time he's ever done this. It might be our first argument.

"I'm sorry. Forgive me." said Kai lowering his voice and tone

"Tell me." I demanded "Tell me what happened to each and every one of those girls."

"Fine." agreed Kai "You need to sit down to hear this though. It's gonna take a while."

I nodded and headed towards the white sofa. I sat by myself. Kai looked at me in disbelief, but allowed me to do what I want. He sat across from me, still staring at me deep into my eyes to see if I would like to change my mind. Too bad for him I'm really good a keeping a straight face. Finally giving up, Kai took a deep breathe and began his story.

"So as you know I am a man." he stated

"I think so." I replied "You don't have a down there right?"

Kai pursed him lips. "Funny."

I laughed. "I know I'm funny."

"So you alpha king sent me these so called bodyguards and they were all girls. I really didn't know or care, but they were all very... How would you say this? ty."

"Our kind isn't like that!" I exclaimed

Kai held up one finger. "Let me finish my story."

I rolled my eyes. "Aye aye captain."

Kai chuckled. "So they tried their best to seduce me, maybe trying to squeeze out information on what I am planning to do with the counselors. All of the girls thought they could get me to fall for them, but it turned out to be the opposite. I was playing with all of them to sleeping with me and then breaking their so called heart. Minhyuk didn't tell you that part did he? The part where they tried to seduce me."

I shook my head. "No he didn't. He probably didn't know."

"True." sighed Kai "Is that all you want to know? Do you want to hear my relationship with Yuri again to be safe?"

I laughed. "No thank you."

I stood up from my chair and walked over to him, sitting on his lap. I felt Kai's arms wrap themselves around me, his tender kisses down my neck, and his words that repeated themselves over and over. "I love you." 

"I love you too." I whispered into his ear

Kai smirked. "If you love me so much then shall we go on perhaps a honeymoon?"

"What am I hearing about a honeymoon?!" hissed Yuri walking down the stairs "Oppa what are you doing hugging that trash?!"