Chapter 18

Alpha VS Vampire

I woke up the next morning to see Kai not there. This feels familiar. I yawned opening the door of my room. Looking down the stairs I saw Kai talking with someone. His face structure and hair seems like Minhyuk's, but Minhyuk should already be back in the Alpha world...

"Krystal!" shouted the man talking to Kai

"Minhyuk?!" I yelled back in question

"It's me! Who do you think it is?"

My eyes widened. I rubbed them to make sure I am seeing the right person. Blinking a few times to get moisture and wake up my sleepy eyes, I took another look at the stranger next to Kai to see it is Minhyuk! I can't believe it! I smiled widely and ran down the stair to give him a big hug. I missed my friends back in my world... well it was only Minhyuk.

"Why are you here?" i asked

"Well, I had business to do here and when I finished, I told my parents I'll be hanging out with you for a while." he smirked "They said okay."

I hugged Minhyuk again, wrapping my arms on his neck. He held my waist and we pulled each other to be closer. I closed my eyes, hugging my best friend and only friend. How I missed him so much! I felt his warmth, his body heat, his faint beating heart, and his comfort. Just when I was about to back away from Minhyuk, I felt a pair of big hands embracing my, pulling me into his hard chest.

"I don't like to share her, even hugs. So don't lay a hand on her or else I'll whip your ." threatened Kai

I blushed. When did he become so possessive?

"I came onto him first." I whispered to Kai

"So what? He chose to hug you." Kai whispered back "And and you change your clothes? They look seductive."

"What do you mean seductive. I'm wear a big t shirt and shorts." I snapped "I don't think their."

Oooh right... I don't wear bras when I sleep... I'm not wearing a bra!

"You want to change now?" asked Kai, holding in his laughter

I nodded, embarrassed. "Minhyuk don't you dare leave. I'm gonna go change okay?"

"Alright." smiled Minhyuk

I ran upstairs, opening my closet, grabbing a pair of skinny jeans, and a white spaghetti shirt. While brushing my teeth, I wore my jeans at the same time. I finished washing up and headed straight downstairs again to see they aren't there. I spotted a maid at the kitchen making some kind of tea and brewing coffee, while the other was getting some cakes and cookies.

"Where is Kai and Minhyuk?" I questioned one of the maids

"You mean master and his guest?" she replied

I nodded.

"They are in the garden." she smiled

My mind wandered. Wasn't she one of the maids that hated me at first. Why is she being nice right now? I ignored the question in my head. I hurriedly ran to the garden to see Minhyuk and Kai sitting there talking to one another in such a serious tone. I know snooping is bad, but it seems like the right time, so I ran behind one of the rose bushes, praying they don't spot me.

"So what business do you want to discuss?" questioned Kai

"Oh nothing really, but people in our world are curios to see what the legendary pureblood that agreed to work with alphas look like." responded Minhyuk

"Well, tell them I don't want to or ever will." stated Kai "I'm not interested in what you alphas do."

"Alright." shrugged Minhyuk "That's all I came here for was to ask if you could come and meet the royals. They want to see who their "dealing" with."

"Just tell them take care of their and I'll take care of mine." smirked Kai "Also tell them I am fine with their body guard. She is very intriguing."

I blushed. My face felt piping hot and body started rushing. I can't believe he has this much power over my body and he is like 10 feet from me. I saw the maids bringing the cart that was filled with cakes, teas, and coffee. They spotted me, giving a death stare, but continued on with their job. Now the hate comes back. I rolled my eyes at the two of them, shooing them away from my hiding spot.

"Master Krystal is hiding in the bush!" tattle taled one of the maids, pointing at the bush I was hiding in

I cussed under my breath. !

"Krystal come here." sighed Kai

I walked slowly towards Kai, scared. I know he's now my boyfriend and all, but damn he can be scary. I stood between him and Minhyuk, who smiled warmly at me. I smiled back, giving a small wave. Kai's face got worse, when I did that.

"Sit." he commanded

"Where?" I asked "Can I sit next to Minhyuk?"

"You choose him over me?" Kai questioned clearly not in a good mood

I shrugged sitting next to Kai, mumbling under my breathe. "I just want to catch up with my best friend. Sheesh."

"I heard that." commented Kai "Best friend or not, you're with me."

My face got red. The maid serve us tea and a cup of coffee for Kai. I awkwardly tried to grab a chocolate chip cookie, only to have it handed by Minhyuk. Can't he tell that Kai is really mad at me right now and if I grab the cookie, he'll explode or something? I smiled at Minhyuk, taking the cookie anyway. Kai can't get that mad right? I mean it IS just a cookie. I bit into the sweet and slightly salty cookie, enjoying the taste and warmness that filled my mouth. The chocolate chips melted in my mouth like butter. Gotta say these maids know hoe to make a mean cookie!

"So Minhyuk? How long do you plan on staying here?" I questioned

"Why would you care?" hissed Kai

I shoved him. "I care cause he's my friend."

"I'm only here for 1 day." shrugged Minhyuk, ignoring Kai "I came here for business purposes and one more thing."

"What is the other thing?" I said

"I can only tell you if Kai gives us private time." smirked Minhyuk

Kai stared at Minhyuk. "What's so important I can't be here?"

"Oh it's not that urgent it's just private matters between me and Krystal. Got a problem with that?"

"What if I do?" growled Kai

"Can I talk to Minhyuk by myself?" I asked interrupting the both of them

Kai looked at me a little shock, but nodded. He stared right at Minhyuk, pulling Minhyuk's white button up shirt to his face.

"Do anything to my Krystal. You're dead. Got that?"

Minhyuk laughed. "Alright."

Kai let go and walked out of the garden, probably heading into the kitchen for a drink. I sat still in my chair taking a sip of the tea.

"What's up?" I said "Sorry about Kai."

"It's fine." smiled Minhyuk

Minhyuk took a deep breathe telling my something I thought I would never hear when I accepted to be working as Kai's body guard. "You can come back to the alpha world. You don't need to work for Kai anymore."

At that moment, time felt like it stopped for me. I don't need to be here anymore?

Author's Note: Updates are going to take longer from now on because I have school now. TT-TT But but I will update as fast as I can. Hope you like this chapter. ^^ I love reading all your comments like always!