Intrusion

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chunji’s POV:

 

I was standing near the window, facing the garden while my thoughts were circling around the day’s happening.

 

 

-Flashback-

 

I was in an important meeting when my phone started to ring suddenly. Usually I tend to ignore the calls when I’m in a board meeting. But something in me made me answer it.

 

“Hello,” I answered as I saw the call was from the mansion and I was a bit worried.

 

“Hello, hyung?” Hyun Su’s soft voice echoed through my ear. 'Is something wrong with Jinni?' I wondered.

 

“Hyun Su-ah, what happened? Is everything alright?”

 

“Um, I want to tell you something very important hyung. I don’t know how to say it on phone.”

 

“Can’t it wait for some time? I’m in the middle of an important meeting now.”

 

“I know hyung. And I wish I can wait. But it’s kind of like a life or death situation hyung. It’s about noona.”

 

My heart stopped for a moment at the mention of a possible danger to her. “What’s wrong with her?”

 

“Nothing’s wrong with her. At least for now. Let’s not waste our time anymore and take any risk. I am not ready to do that. Are you?”

 

“Fine. I will call the driver and will ask him to bring you to the place where we will meet. See you in a few minutes.”

 

I went into the conference room and excused myself before rushing out of my office towards the place where I will be meeting him. And the whole way there, I was literally holding my life in my hand.

 

I reached the place in a few minutes and the little guy wasn’t here yet. Not knowing what the matter was, I felt like my head was going to explode. I took out my phone and dialed Jinni’s number but got no response.

 

I would have already tried calling her for over a million times by the time Hyun Su arrived. “Hyung,” he came running towards me as soon as he got out of the car.

 

“What’s the matter, Hyun Su-ah?”

 

“Here,” he gave me a piece of paper as he tried to steady his breathing.

 

I opened the folded piece of paper and it was a doctor’s prescription. A gynecologist to be more precise and it was on Jinni’s name. “What’s this? Is she sick or something?”

 

“It is what it says hyung. And no, she is not sick. She is pregnant.”

 

“What?” I couldn’t believe what I heard.

 

“You heard it right. And she is getting it aborted today. Or more like anytime now.” Tears flowed down his eyes while my eyes widened, nearly falling out.

 

Now that I think of it, everything made sense to me. How she kept asking me about babies and how weirdly she acted. I know I’m not up for having a baby even now. But I’m not all that cruel to have the baby aborted. Am I?

 

One of the workers in my office went insane after she had an abortion. For a moment my mind wasn’t working properly. All I could think was, I can’t hurt her. No, I can’t.

 

“Hyung, I know you don’t mean to hurt her. But you are wasting time here just by thinking about it. Don’t you think you should take some kind of actions?”

 

He is right. I should do something. But what should I do? What should I do? I don’t even know where she is right now.

 

“Hyung!” I heard the little guy shout at me. When I looked down at him, I realized that I got lost in my thoughts. “The prescription has the hospital name and the doctor’s number too.”

 

He pointed out to the prescription in my hand and I inwardly slapped myself for not thinking about that already. “Thank you,” I kissed the top of his head, then turned towards the driver, “Drive him home safely.”

 

As he got into the car, I got into my car too, not wasting any more time. I fed the hospital’s name into the car’s GPS, then dialed the doctor’s number and connected my phone to hands-free. I put the car into ignition and started to drive towards the hospital.

 

A few rings later, someone answered the call finally. “Hello,” a female voice spoke.

 

“Hello, is this Dr. Jang?”

 

“Yes, this is she. May I know who is speaking?”

 

“Um, I’m Chunji, husband of Jin Kyong.”

 

“Oh, Mr. Lee. What can I do for you? Is it anything urgent? I’m in the middle of my duty hours and loads of patients are waiting.”

 

“I’m sorry for taking up your time, Dr. Jang. But this is something important. I heard that my wife has made an appointment with you. Is she there already?”

 

“Mr. Lee, I’m sorry. I can’t discuss my patient’s medical history with someone on the phone, who claims to be her husband. I have never even met you.”

 

“Yeah, I know. But I heard she is getting an abort- abortion today. And I called you to request something. Can you please delay the consultations until I reach there? Please?”

 

“Okay, Mr. Lee. I guess I can do that.”

 

I thanked her and continued driving towards the hospital which was almost on the other side of the city. Unfortunately, I kept getting caught in traffic lights and what not.

 

Finally I reac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter