Disappearance

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

“It’s a boy. Congratulations! You both are having a boy.” Dr. Jang announced a little chirpily. However, I felt like my heart stopped beating for a moment after hearing it.

 

It wasn’t like I don’t want to have a son or anything. In fact, either it’s a boy or a girl, it really doesn’t matter to me. They are still my baby.

 

I’m just a little worried about Channie, especially after what his father said the other day. I looked at Channie carefully and as expected he had a panic-stricken, pale face.

 

However, he looked like he has regained his composure quickly. But before I could take a breath, his hold on me loosened and that kind of send me chills. I wondered what was going on in that head of his. I started to fear of the consequences as I felt like Mr. Lee’s words are coming true.

 

I once again looked at Channie who now had a blank look. “I will see you later,” he gently mumbled into my ears and quickly ran away from the room.

 

I continued looking in the direction Channie disappeared. “What was that about?” Dr. Jang asked, a little confused.

 

“Nothing. He just wanted to be alone. That’s all.” I tried my best to act nonchalantly and luckily, she bought it. I thanked her for taking up her time before walking towards the room, Sanghyun was in.

 

The whole way all I could think about was, ‘where Channie could be? How is he feeling? Hope he doesn’t do anything recklessly. Is he safe? Is he driving? Should I call him?’

 

I decided to give him some time to be on his own. I subconsciously rubbed my slightly protruded stomach, when a couple of laughter brought me back to reality.

 

I snapped out of my thoughts and realized I was standing in front of Sanghyun’s room. The two little cutie pies were laughing over something. The sound of their laughter did lift my mood up a little.

 

I gently knocked on the door. The two looked up and seeing me, they let out a chuckle. “Noona, come in already.” Sanghyun said, while Hyun Su kept staring at me.

 

“Sorry for interrupting you both,” I teased them both. Sanghyun blushed furiously while my brother still stared at me emotionlessly. I walked up to the two and kissed the top of their heads before walking away and flopping down on the couch.

 

I was playing with my phone, trying to decide whether to call Channie or not. “Noona?” Sanghyun called out to me. When I looked up at him, he asked, “How’s the baby? Wait, isn’t today ‘The’ day?” I nodded. “So?”

 

“So?” I played along.

 

“Noona,” he whined.

 

I let out a chuckle at his cuteness. “It’s a boy,” I said with a small smile, remembering everything that happened a few minutes ago.

 

“Aww… that’s awesome noona. Congrats!” I nodded with a smile. The two boys started to converse animatedly while I started to read the book I bought on pregnancy. Time flew, with occasional stares from Hyun Su in my direction.

 

Hyun Su came and flopped down beside me some time later as Sanghyun fell asleep. “Noona, what is troubling you?” he asked, resting his head on my lap.

 

“Nothing,” I said.

 

“Then why is your mind so clouded?”

 

I let out a sigh. I can hardly lie to this guy. “I’m just worried about Channie.” Once I started to open up to him, my mind gets opened too and I can say that he read every thought that was running in my mind.

 

“Noona, he is stressed too.” He was now facing my tummy. He gently started rubbing it as I looked at him wide-eyed.

 

“What are you talking about?” I looked down at him while he continued to stare at my tummy as if he could see the baby inside. Then it hit me. “Did you read his mind?” I asked curiously.

 

He slightly shook his head. “I’m not able to exactly read his mind. But I just get this different feel like he is trying to say something noona. He seems quite stressed. And a bit weak too.” He continued rubbing softly, then his eyes widened. “Noona, did you have your food?”

 

I shook my head sheepishly. “Noona, please don’t do this. Chan Hee hyung would come around. Please go and have your dinner.”

 

I nodded my head slowly before heading out towards the food court. I bought something and ate a little even though I didn’t feel like eating. I walked back to the common waiting area and took a seat on one of the chairs.

 

“I’m sorry about today’s happening boy.” I rubbed my belly using my left hand. “Eomma is there for you. Eomma will always love you.” As I continued rubbing my tummy, I noticed my wedding ring.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter