Going Mad

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

The idea of sleeping in the same sleeping bag sounded ridiculous even though he was my husband. It’s not that I don’t trust him. It’s just that I don’t trust myself to be in such close proximity to him.

 

So I refused at first. However, when Niel’s girlfriend started to head back, I finally agreed to it. Niel is a good friend of mine and I didn’t want to disappoint him. Also like I said earlier, I do trust Chan Hee.

 

So I got into the sleeping bag and scooted myself to the edge, leaving a huge space in the large sleeping bag. He got in, a minute later and zipped up the bag. There was still a lot of space between us, even after he lay down comfortably.

 

I turned around and faced the other side and remained silent. That was the only way to control my raging emotions. A few minutes of not looking at him, my heart and breath started to get back to normal and so I remained motionless.

 

A little while later, he gently called out to me. Since I was half awake-half sleeping, I didn’t respond to him. I wouldn’t have done otherwise too. Anyway, he gently wrapped his arms around my waist the next moment and pulled me closer to him.

 

My heart started to race once again and I just hoped he wouldn’t hear it. Just when I thought I have brought it under control, he leaned in closer and kissed my cheeks.

 

Since I had my eyes closed, I didn’t know what he was exactly doing. But I could feel his hot breath touch my exposed skin, sending shiver down my spine.

 

I felt a little uncomfortable and so decided to shift a little. But when I did move, his lips grazed down my neck and along the shoulders while my body gave out an involuntary shiver and my eyes shot open.

 

I gazed up at him and our faces were too close. Our lips were almost touching and it was really tempting. So I gently pried his hands off my waist and scooted to the far edge once again before I end up losing my control.

 

A few seconds later, I heard him sigh softly and the sleeping bag being ped. The bag was zipped once again and then I could hear slowly diminishing footsteps.

 

I peeked out of the sleeping bag and saw him walking away in the far distance. As I could say that he was not feeling good from his heavy steps, I decided to follow him.

 

I crawled out of the sleeping bag and walked in the direction into which Chan Hee disappeared. Then I saw him sitting on the bench, looking over the duck pond.

 

I hid myself behind a tree and kept looking at him. Then I saw something shocking. His head was bent down, facing his lap. Suddenly I saw a tear fell onto his lap while my eyes widened.

 

I blinked my eyes several times, trying to contemplate whether I really saw a tear or my eyes were deceiving me. But then drop after drop of tears fell from his eyes.

 

My heart ached at the sight as I have hardly seen him cry. “Do I look that disgusting to the eyes of my love? I know I have done things which I shouldn’t have done. I was a playboy. I cheated on my only love. I know I don’t deserve to be loved. But I didn’t do anything to her now.”

 

I heard him speak to himself and saw him take a deep breath. “I was just trying to let her sleep comfortably. I wasn’t going to do anything to her. I know I was hugging her and even kissed her cheeks. But that was all. I maybe a bad person but I'm not the kind of guy to a girl, let alone the only girl I love.”

 

He buried his face in his palm. “Oh God! What have I done now? I didn’t mean to do that. It was a mistake. I love her so much and I was doing my best to build back her trust. Now she must be hating me more than ever.”

 

Then he started to sob quite loudly. He then looked up to the sky and spoke, “I just wanted to have a happy life with my wife and my kids? Is that too much to ask for?”

 

“Why is time being so cruel to me?” He got a grip of his hair and pulled it roughly. Just looking at it caused me pain and I wondered how he felt. He let out a groan. “All I’m asking for is a second chance. Is this what people call Karma?”

 

Suddenly I felt my cheeks wet too. I touched my cheek and realized that I was crying too. I quickly wiped away my tears on my sleeves and walked towards him while he buried his face into his palm once again.

 

I silently sat down on the same bench and waited for him to look up at me. But he never did. Tears were still flowing out of his covered face and he was a mess.

 

Knowing that this was all because of me, I felt really bad. I scooted closer to him but he still didn’t move. His hands were resting on either side of him and his eyes were tightly shut.

 

I slowly reached for his hand which was close to me, gra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter