Reconcilation

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chunji’s POV:

 

I was at Ho Seok’s house, waiting to meet my dear wife. It’s been long since I came here and I have almost seen everyone else in the house, except for her. Just when I thought I have been either totally forgotten or completely ignored, she walked down the stairs looking unpleased.

 

Just by looking at her reaction, I could make out that this wouldn't end well. I took a huge breath to ease off my nervousness as I waited for her to reach me.

 

She stood in front of me with her arms crossed against her chest. ‘Oh no! Not a good sign.’ I gulped in nervousness. “What do you want?”

 

“Um, I just want to apologize Jinni. And I brought you these.” I handed over the flowers with a slight cheesy grin, hoping against all hopes that she would forgive me.

 

Her lips twitched a little as if it was about to break into a smile or something before it became rigid again.

 

“Sang Ki-ah, go inside and play.” She shouted at Sang Ki who was still jumping around me excitedly.

 

“Shiro,” he shook his head rapidly in response while he clutched onto my jeans really tight.

 

“Aish! Will you go now or not?” he shook his head once again. “Sanghyun-ah! Could you come here now and take our Sang Ki inside?” she called out to the older boy.

 

A soft hum came as a response from inside and a moment later, Sanghyun rushed out to where we were. After a few coaxing, he finally succeeded in taking Sang Ki inside.

 

She turned towards me and took the bouquet from my hands and tossed it to the side a little carelessly.

 

I looked in the direction and found it landing on top of the shoe rack. Don’t ask me how I know that. Ho Seok is my cousin, remember?

 

“Yah! You expect me to forgive you this easily?” she puffed her cheeks. “We met each other after three years and the first thing you do is question my loyalty. Did you ever think about how I would feel?”

 

Her cheeks and ears reddened, a sign that she was angry and also she's losing her control over her emotions. Her nose started to flare a little and I was sure that she was going to shed tears any moment now but was doing her best to avoid it.

 

I took the courage and pulled her in for a light hug. I let go off her and said, “I know I have made many worst mistakes but I’m sure you will forgive me with time. I will patiently wait until then.”

 

She looked at me expressionless. “Could I at least stay for a while and play with the kids?” I pleaded with the softest look I could possibly pull out while she let out a sigh and nodded her head.

 

I quickly pecked her cheeks and headed off to the living room all excited. However, I didn’t fail to notice the look of shock in her eyes and the slight hue on her cheeks.

 

 

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

I thought I was being rude to him by doing all those unnecessary things like making him wait for so long, speak to me as if I don’t like him and act like the flowers he bought had no effect on me and so on.

 

However, the guy seemed to have lost his mind and pay no heed to my actions. He even had the guts to hold me in a hug. And even though I acted like I cared less of his actions, still my heart was beating wildly and was acting like a fan girl inside.

 

I should agree that I nearly melted in his hold, even though it was just for a few seconds. It’s been ages since I felt his presence and my love for him hasn’t changed much yet.

 

Even then, I didn’t want to accept his apology just like that. I wanted to make sure he was going to stay for sure this time as I can’t put the kids into the same thing I went through then. So could you blame me for that?

 

“Could I at least stay for a while and play with the kids?” he asked me with the softest look I have ever seen in his eyes.

 

I looked up at him and then in the direction of the living room. I saw Sang Ki still struggling to let himself free from Sanghyun’s hold. So I let out a sigh in defeat and nodded my head.

 

He quickly pecked my cheeks and headed off in the direction of the living room, all excited while my eyes widened in shock and followed his disappearing figure.

 

I could feel my cheeks getting hot and I was sure that it would have turned all red now. But I just hoped he didn’t notice the effect his simple kiss had on me.

 

I dazedly walked into the living room and found him playing with the two little ones. I sat on one side of the room where Sanghyun was working on his studies while I silently watched over the father and the kids’ interaction.

 

Sun Ah was still kind of distant. She has been like that for a long time. However, it was the total opposite for Sang Ki. He was all over the place, trying to engage his father

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter