Decisions Made

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chunji’s POV:

 

For the past few days, I found Jinni to be behaving a bit odd. I don’t know whether it was just my assumption or she was really being a little odd. For starters, she started wearing a little loose dress than she normally does.

 

And lately, I heard she wasn’t having her food properly. I am more than worried if anything’s wrong with her health. At times, she's even bipolar like she's happy one minute but turns the other way around the next minute.

 

I finally had a normal date with my wife after so many days of staying away from her because of my tight schedule. I feel whole now. I woke up with my dear wife sleeping peacefully beside me.

 

I remembered that she spoke with my secretary and relieved me for the weekend. She said she wanted me to attend this PTA meet along with her. I looked at the clock and then at her.

 

She looked very calm and at peace. As I didn’t have the heart to wake her up yet, I decided to start getting ready first which would give her some more time to sleep. I kissed her forehead and headed towards the bathroom.

 

I finished getting ready a long time ago and Jinni wasn’t awake yet. I looked at the clock and realized that we were going to be late if she is not going to wake up and get ready in a few minutes.

 

So I slightly shook her awake but got no response. So I continued to shake her with a little more force. “Five more minutes please,” she softly whined.

 

“I wish I could let you sleep some more, love. But it’s already getting quite late for the PTA meet. You know the one you were so anxious about attending?” I called out to her softly, trying to wake her up.

 

She slowly opened her eyes and blinked a few times, probably to get accustomed to the bright sunlight. When she finally opened her eyes completely, “Am I dreaming?” she asked, letting out a yawn and rubbing her eyes. A soft laugh escaped my mouth.

 

“No, you are not.” I chuckled once again, pinching her cheeks.

 

She whined a little, rubbing the spot I had just pinched. “Why are you dressed up so dashingly so early on a weekend?”

 

“Love, are you alright?” I was worried for a moment. I thought she must be seriously down with something. I kept the back of my palm on her forehead while I kept the other hand on my forehead. “You are not running temperature,” I was confused now.

 

“What are you talking about?” she sounded more confused.

 

“I’m not understanding what’s wrong with you. You were never so clueless. Did you have a proper sleep?” she nodded her head a little hesitantly. But I let it slide. “Good. Now tell me are we going to the PTA meet today or not?”

 

“Did you say PTA meet?” her eyes widened in realization. “What time is it now?”

 

“If you get your lazy bum out of that bed now and get ready, then I think we could make it to the meet before it gets over.” I stated, looking at my watch.

 

She quickly got out of the bed and ran towards the bathroom. But not before stumbling numerous times and getting scolded for it. She came out a few minutes later and got ready in an express time.

 

We both got into my car and I drove in the direction of the school. She kept glancing at her wrist watch the whole way, fidgeting with her fingers.

 

“We will make it in time. Don’t worry.” I assured her as I stepped on the gas.

 

We reached the school parking lot, a few minutes later. We got out of our car and walked in the direction of Sanghyun’s class. The guy had an excellent academic grade. He was the topper of his class and his school as well.

 

His teachers had no complaints on him regarding his academic score. However, most of them complained on his discipline. They said that he is flirting with all the girls which eventually made them all get less grades.

 

Though I wanted to ask her how that will be his mistake, I still kept my mouth shut as Jinni managed all complaints tactfully. Well my point is, when the guy who is multi-timing with girls could still be the top scorer then why can’t the girls do the same too? I mean, get a good grade in studies.

 

After speaking with the teachers for a few more minutes and with some girls’ parents too, we finally headed towards Hyun Su’s class. Though this little one wasn’t as good as Sanghyun, he was still pretty good in his academics. And his teachers had no complaints against him.

 

They said that the little ones will be left after a few minutes. So we both decided to wait for him and take him home along with us. In order to pass our time, we went over to the school’s playground and sat down under a tree shade.

 

Jinni was intently watching the tiny tots play in the playground while I slowly looked around. My eyes locked onto a scene, a little far on my left. I let out a small sigh as I intertwined my finger with Jinni, who sat on my right.

 

She turned around and looked at me with confusion while I just shook my head with a small smile. She smiled back before turning towards the playground once again. What I actually saw was a mini-version of me.

 

Sanghyun was making out with some girl which reminded me so much of how I was. To tell you the truth, it was kind of bringing me back the memories of the reasons behind my actions. It was also tempting me to take up my old habits.

 

My hold on Jinni’s hand tightened. I wanted to remind myself that I have someone now who loves me for me and she has been through a lot because of me and yet she loves me more than any other girl in my life.

 

‘She has committed her whole life to be with you forever as your wife. It has been more than a year and yet you never felt any change in her. And most importantly, you love her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter