Divorce?

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

As he finished whispering what he had in his mind at that moment, he looked up to the entrance and found the door shut.

 

He let out a sigh as he thought that he didn’t have the courage to speak up to her face but what he didn’t know was that she has been on the other side of the door the whole time, listening to everything he has said.

 

Her heart clenched at his words. She knew that she married him even though she knew something like this might happen at some point in her life.

 

She has waited for him to change all this time but now she was getting a little tired of it. She doesn’t know how long she could wait for him anymore. She wants some reason to grab onto, which could make her wait longer.

 

She loves him dearly too and she still believes that he would change. But she was afraid of what might happen if she stops believing him. And she misses him so much.

 

He misses her too, especially the old Jin Kyong. He wants to go back in time and worship the girl he fell in love with, the beautiful girl he married. He still loves her as much as he did back then.

 

The only thing that was troubling him was his inability to forget his past and the fear and insecurities he gets thinking of his future.

 

 

 

Time flew by, but nothing seemed to have changed. She was halfway through her eighth month of pregnancy and Chunji was well, Chunji. Jin Kyong started to feel like she was slowly losing her belief that he would change.

 

 

One fine day, she came back home from her medical checkup. She walked up to their bedroom and found Chunji and Jenny sleeping on the bed. The blanket was covering the two, exposing only their bare shoulders.

 

She didn’t want to see it anymore. So she her heels and was about to walk away from the room when she noticed the shiny, twinkling ring near one of the legs of the night table.

 

On a closer examination, she found it to be their wedding ring. Like a reflex action, her left hand shot up and she looked at her ring finger, only to find her ring there safe which only meant one thing.

 

The wedding ring belonged to her husband. The wedding ring, the last ray of her hope. It was thrown away. She felt her heart scatter at the sight and also at what it meant. She pocketed the ring and walked out of the room with tears in her eyes.

 

She sat down on the porch steps and dialed Ho Seok’s number. She waited for him to answer and when he finally did after a few rings, she spoke softly while trying to control her emotions.

 

“Can you pick me up oppa?” she did her best to not let her voice waver but it betrayed her.

 

“JK, are you alright?” when she remained silent, he immediately spoke, “I will be there in a few minutes.”

 

She continued to sit on the porch steps and waited for him. A few minutes later, his car parked in front of her and he hurriedly got out of the car and approached her.

 

“JK, what’s wrong? Should I take you to the hospital?” he was worried that she might be into labor.

 

But she shook her head with tears b eyes. “Take me to your home. Can you?” she asked as she looked up from the ring she was twirling in her hand.

 

One look at her, he understood that something was really out of hand. But those innocent orbs were also kind of pleading him not to ask her anything. So he decided to give her time, instead of troubling her with questions right away.

 

He gently guided her towards his car and then drove her to his house. She walked into his house, sat down on the couch, and stared at nothing.

 

Ho Seok was really worried about her as Hansuke has left the siblings under his care. He cares about them too like his own family but he was also more scared about how Hansuke would react when he finds out that something has happened to Jin Kyong.

 

 

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

It’s been nearly a week since I walked out of Channie’s house. I hardly spoke with anyone here. I mean I didn’t even speak with my brother. I mostly locked myself inside the room Ho Seok gave me.

 

The only time I ever opened the door was to let one of the boys who were doing their best in making me eat my food.

 

I heard from Ho Seok that Channie has called him to find out about my whereabouts. I remained silent for a few minutes. “Do you want me to tell him that you are with me?” he asked.

 

“What?” I was shocked to hear that Channie was looking out for me. “Why is he even searching for me when he has got –” I nearly blurted out her name and got flustered about him finding out about the issue. But fortunately he didn’t get the part.

 

“What are you talking about JK?” he came and sat down beside me. “I don’t know what happened between you two. But by the way he sounded on the phone, I know that he is worr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter