Silly Thoughts

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

Jin Kyong felt really devastated when she had no other choice but to abort her baby. She reached the clinic on time. However, for some odd reasons she was made to wait for a very long time.

 

Even at the end, Dr. Jang tried changing her mind. In spite of everything, she remained stubborn. When she was about to enter the room, Dr. Jang asked her to wait outside for some more time.

 

Suddenly a body crashed onto her back and a pair of arms wrapped around her from behind her. A loud gasp escaped at the recognition of the pair of arms.

 

She was totally in the verge of losing her resolve as she felt the back of her shoulder getting wet. She stood motionless as the hold around her tightened.

 

“Don’t do it,” a soft whisper escaped the person’s mouth, making her break into sobs.

 

“Why not?” she asked in between her sobs while he remained silent. “Don’t force yourself to do this Channie. I don’t want to hurt you.” She rubbed the hand that was wrapped around her.

 

The next moment his hold on her loosened and he retreated his hands completely which hurt her feelings. But she composed herself and turned around, only to find Chunji on the floor.

 

She kneeled down beside him and wrapped her arms around him. “This is why I didn’t want you to know. Don’t blame yourself. I’m doing this by myself.” She rubbed his back to calm him. She really didn’t want him to blame himself.

 

“But, but-” he kind of stuttered. “You wouldn’t be doing this if not for me. Please don’t do this.”

 

“What do you mean?” she looked at him, a bit confused. When she realized, she felt bad. Not because he asked her not to get abortion but because she couldn’t see him in pain. “But you said you didn’t want this.” She said, softly patting her tummy.

 

“I know I did.” He paused. “But we can work this out. I know how much it means to you.” He said pulling her into him once again and held her protectively.

 

“Are you sure?” she pulled away a little and looked into his eyes. “It will be too late to abort if you stop me now. So think properly.” She said trying to give him a chance to shy away with his insecurities.

 

But he completely took her by surprise. “You made me change Jinni. You made me stick to our relationship even though I came with a rough past. I feel you can make me get out this fear too, can’t you? I don’t know. I just feel maybe you can help me work this out.”

 

They both grabbed a seat in the waiting area and let silence engulf them as they held onto each other’s hands in a firm hold. But a moment later, they both spoke openheartedly. They said what they thought until now and what they should do from now on.

 

Finally they both came to a conclusion. “We have decided to keep the baby.” They said to Dr. Jang who came out of her room at that moment.

 

“That’s a really good news. Congratulations to you both.” She wished them cheerfully.

 

“Ah, Dr. Jang, sorry about my forgetfulness. This is my husband, Lee-” but Chunji interrupted her. “I am Chunji. And thank you for what you did today, doctor.” He said which made Jin Kyong look at him questioningly.

 

“I called her and requested her to wait until I arrived.” He answered her, rubbing the back of his neck.

 

‘So that was the reason she made me wait?’ Jin Kyong wondered. “But how did you know I am pregnant and that I was thinking of doing this?” she asked him out loud.

 

“Um, Hyun Su told me. He called to my office after you left home. I came here as soon as I could.” He replied her, with a sad tone combined with an angry tone which didn’t go unnoticed by both the females present there.

 

“So would you both make a regular checkup before you leave?” Dr. Jang asked, trying to change the awkwardness present in the air.

 

They both nodded their heads softly before Jin Kyong headed into the consultation room while Chunji stayed out as he was still on the edge regarding her pregnancy. The doctor did the usual checkup and told them that the baby is in a good condition. “I suggest that you don’t put it under any more stress. If the mother is under stress, then the fetus can feel it too. So Chunji-sshi, please take good care of her.”

 

“Yeah, I will. Thank you.” He thanked her and Jin Kyong did the same too before they left the hospital.

 

Chunji sent his driver to bring Jin Kyong’s car back home while he drove his. He helped her get into the car and he got in too. But the air surrounding them completely changed. Anyone could feel the tension in the air.

 

“Can we talk before we drive back home?” he asked her while she just nodded. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked in a monotonous voice.

 

“What?” that was the only thing which came out of .

 

“Why didn’t you tell me that you are pregnant, Jinni?”

 

“I wanted to tell you, Channie. Believe me. I even tried a few times. But every time I did, it just made you more upset than the previous time. So I thought I will take care of this on my own.” She answered trying to sound calm.

 

He let out a heavy sigh. “But as I’m the father of the baby, don’t you think you should have talked to me once before deciding to do something as big as this?”

 

She started to cry hearing that tone of his and looking at her being so emotional, washed away some of his anger. He grabbed her hand and rubbed the back of it. The simple gesture alone gave her more comfort than he thought it would.

 

The next moment she pulled him into a hug and rested her head on his shoulder. “I was scared. I was scared of telling you about the baby. I was scared you will get angry on me. I was scared you will hate me and eventually leave me. I was so scared of everything. That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter