Confession

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

Just as Sang Ki and Sun Ah made their way towards Chan Hee and me after I kind of blackmailed the latter in order to give some private time to Sanghyun and Hyun Su, Ricky entered in while calling out, “I’m here.”

 

“Oppa~” the girl immediately called out to him at the top of her lungs like a fan-girl and took off in his direction. Ricky received the crazy fan-girl with an open arms.

 

I let out a chuckle and shook my head as the little one hugged him and showered him with little kisses while Chan Hee cursed under his breath and let out a sigh. I turned in his direction and saw him with red face.

 

After the overdramatic reunion, Ricky took hold of her hands and led her towards us. “Annyeong Sang Ki-ah” he ruffled his hair to which the said boy smiled and bowed his head.

 

“Noona,” he gave me a one hand embrace as Sun Ah refused to let go off his other hand. And it wasn’t a different case with me either as I returned his embrace. Chan Hee had a tight grip on my hand as if preventing me from returning the embrace.

 

I let go off Ricky as I held back the chuckle that was threatening to break out. I looked at the hand that was holding mine and suddenly realized all the things Hyun Su had fed into my head.

 

“Ricky-ah, could you look after the kids for some time while your hyung and I go for a short walk?” I looked at him expectantly while he agreed to do so after staring at the both of us alternatively.

 

I turned towards Chan Hee and gave him a soft smile. “Would you mind going out for a little walk?” he looked at me blankly for a few seconds. Fearing that he might reject the offer, I quickly added, “Please oppa?”

 

His eyes widened to the maximum extent and he blinked rapidly which made him look all innocent. While I stared at him feeling like squishing him to death, he slowly recomposed himself and softly nodded his head.

 

My smile grew wider and I quickly started to lead him out. We walked past the still awkwardly standing Hyun Su and out through the main door in the direction of the park, while having my fingers intertwined with his.

 

Both of us continued to walk slowly without uttering a single word, while our hands were still intertwined. The hold he had on me was so warm and reminded me of the time we were just dating.

 

The simple gesture of his was enough to tell me how much he loves me. I couldn’t believe that he continued to stick to my side even though we were not legally married anymore.

 

I felt guilty thinking about everything I have done to him after he returned from his military duty. To be honest, I was afraid of taking him back into my life. Afraid that he would end up leaving me once again.

 

What have I done? Shouldn’t I have trusted him more? But could you blame me after what he did to me? My inner thoughts were so conflicted that I don’t even remember where I was guiding him towards, let alone how long we both walked.

 

It was only after I started to feel a little exhausted that I realized where we were. I looked around the park and it was mostly deserted. I looked at Chan Hee who has been dragged all along, without any word.

 

But he wore a calm expression like he wasn’t bothered with the dragging. “How about we sit and rest for some time?” he asked me, with a smile adorning his already beautiful face.

 

I simply nodded with a smile and soon, we both grabbed a seat on the nearby bench. A few minutes would have passed by, but neither of us broke the silence.

 

His left hand was kind of trapped in my hands and I was unconsciously playing with his ring finger. My heart ached at the sight of the emptiness. It reminded me the day when I found the ring thrown down in our bedroom.

 

Didn’t he remove them because he didn’t want to be with me anymore? Isn’t that what happened? Did I see it wrong? I’m pretty sure of what I saw. But what did my brother mean by ‘the incident you have in your head might not be the actual happening noona.’?

 

Did I miss something important? My head was in a huge mess. Suddenly, my head started to play the scenes from the day I confronted him about his affair. He looked taken aback when I questioned him about his missing ring.

 

If the things I assumed that the ring was thrown away by him was true, then shouldn’t he have looked flustered being caught red-handed and tried to come up with excuses? Why didn’t he?

 

I raised his hand and placed a kiss on his ring finger before holding it tight against my chest. I took a deep breath as my eyes started to well up. I could feel him getting a little flustered at my unusual behavior but who could blame him?

 

I felt like I have committed the worst mistake in my life as I started to believe that I have failed to note something very important and instead made the wrong assumptions.

 

As the realization hit me, tears started to flow down my cheeks drop-by-drop. “Jinni-ah?” he called out to me, his voice oozing with worry and concern while he tried to pull his hand from my hold against my chest.

 

I neither let go of his hand nor looked at him. Realizing that, he slowly reached for my face with his free hand and wiped away the trace of the fallen tears.

 

“Jinni-ah, what happened?” his soft, soothing voice was killing my inside for some reason. Since he didn’t get reply even after questioning for a few times already, he started to remain silent but stayed beside me nevertheless.

 

A few minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter