Irrational Thoughts!

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

After the brief stunt my dear son created, I was standing in front of the kids’ room along with him while listening to his complain on Ricky who was now trying to convince my drama queen daughter.

 

When I didn’t react in the way he wanted me to, he used his telekinesis power and nearly caused some injury to Ricky. Thank goodness! I stopped him on time.

 

Out of nowhere, my husband appeared on the scene while calling out our daughter’s name loudly. My mouth hung agape at the funny scene that took place in front of us soon after and couldn’t help the chuckle that escaped at the thought of the consequences.

 

Sang Ki gasped at the scene and when I turned around to look at Channie, he was slowly turning red with anger. ‘Poor Ricky!’ I thought.

 

I couldn’t even complete my thought, when Channie rushed inside the room while shouting, “Yah Ricky! You are going to die.”

 

What actually happened was: as you all already know, Ricky was trying to pacify the little drama queen for his week-long absence by showering the little girl with kisses.

 

When Channie appeared on the scene calling out her name, she immediately turned in the direction of her Father’s voice and this action made Ricky smack his lips on the little girls.

 

Even though it was an accident and doesn’t really mean anything, the father couldn’t control his anger. Before I could reach over and stop him, he has already marched inside.

 

Ricky scrambled on his feet and started running around the room, trying to avoid getting killed by Channie. “That was her first kiss. How could you take it off her so soon?”

 

“Hyung! It was a mistake. She is a small kid.” He tried to reason.

 

“The more the reason to kill you.” Chunji refused to listen to him.

 

The two kept running around the room while Sun Ah was calling out to her father, trying to convince him to let the big boy go. I continued standing at the doorway, chuckling at the twist of the drama.

 

“Noona, save me!” Ricky called out to me as he came out and stood behind me.

 

“Eomma, please save Ricky oppa,” my daughter called out to me at the same time.

 

Channie was charging towards us at full speed. I spread out my arm a little to block Channie and said, “Ricky, run!”

 

He immediately started running away without wasting another second while Channie came to a temporary halt to avoid bumping into me. “Eomma, don’t let appa go.” My daughter called out to me once again.

 

“Jinni-ah, let me through.” Channie said in a soft yet heavily breathing tone.

 

I looked over my shoulder and noticed that Ricky has been stopped by the little monkey Sang Ki. He was holding onto Ricky’s leg with death grip and refusing to let go.

 

If I let Channie through now, there’s no way Ricky could escape from getting strangled by him. While I was slightly distracted by this, Channie took the opportunity and was slowly slipping away.

 

“Eomma, appa is escaping.” Sun Ah called out as she came running towards us.

 

I regained my composure right on time to stop Channie who would have easily made his escape even if I was a mere second late.

 

“Oppa,” I called out to the escaping form, as I gently held onto his shirt.

 

If he wanted, he could have easily gotten out of my hold. But he halted on spot and stood nearly frozen. I rarely call him ‘oppa’. So it must have been the shock.

 

He turned towards me with a cute, innocent face while he blinked at me blankly. “Let him go. For me. Okay?” I asked him, while he nodded his head absentmindedly.

 

“Thank you,” I wrapped my arms around him lightly and gave him a hug while I couldn’t help myself but smile against his chest at the way he was reacting to my hug, as if it was his first time. His heart was beating erratically.

 

I slowly let go of him and smiled at him shyly. He wasn’t any different either. His ears were slightly red. Getting a little hot at his loving gaze, I quickly diverted my eyes to the little girl standing beside us.

 

I quickly carried her and handed her over to Channie. “Here’s your princess. You can now protect her.” I gave him a cheeky smile and started walking towards Ricky who was still struggling to make my son let go of his leg.

 

I gently smacked the back of Sang Ki’s head. “Let go,” I said and he immediately did. “Now go and get the mixing bowl over to the kitchen.”

 

“But why should it be me?” he whined.

 

“Because it was you who brought it here.” I smirked at him and motioned him to get going while he huffed softly and walked away, murmuring something under his breath

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter