Will That Happen?

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

Jin Kyong woke up the next morning with Chunji still beside her. She glanced at the alarm clock only to find, it’s still too early for getting up. However, she felt quite hungry.

 

So she silently got out of the bed and headed towards the kitchen. As it was quite early even for the maids, the house looked deserted. She opened the refrigerator and peeped inside.

 

There were a few varieties of food stocked up by the maids the previous night specifically for her. Despite the presence of different varieties of food, she still didn’t have the mood to eat them.

 

She grabbed some fruits and sat down on the dining table along with a plate and a knife. She cut the fruits and ate them. Once she was done, she dumped the remains in the garbage can and the dirty plates in the sink.

 

She roamed around the house aimlessly and she finally decided to watch TV as she wasn’t feeling sleepy anymore. She flopped down on the couch and started to watch TV.

 

As time passed by, she felt uncomfortable from sitting continuously for a long time. She grabbed the pillow on the couch and settled down on the floor. It was probably the last thing she would remember.

 

 

 

Chunji woke up at his usual time and found the spot beside him to be empty. He sat up groggily and looked at the clock. “Where could she be so early in the morning?” he wondered out loud.

 

He stumbled out of bed and looked into their bathroom. She wasn’t there. He walked out of his room and found that the rest were still asleep.

 

He descended the stairs and walked past the living room where he thought he saw the couch to be empty. So he walked into the kitchen and found it filled with maids but still no sight of her.

 

“Did any of you see Jin Kyong?” he called out to the maids while everyone shook their heads, looking at each other.

 

Then a young maid spoke up, “I think I saw her in the living room, Mr. Lee”

 

“Thanks,” he nodded at her and left towards the living room once again. When he was completely in, he saw a bundle on the floor. He walked closer and found his wife deep in sleep.

 

He flopped down on the floor beside her and stared at her sleeping form. He brushed the stray hair away from her face and tucked it behind her ears. “How long are you sleeping here love?”

 

He kissed her forehead and caressed her cheeks while clasping his hand with hers. He felt her body slightly colder than usual. “See what sleeping on the cold marble floor do to you.”

 

He whispered and gently carried her into his arms and walked towards their room. He was halfway through the stairs when he realized how heavy she has become. With a bit of a struggle, he reached the top of the stairs.

 

He thought he nearly made it safely when he stumbled upon something. His eyes widened thinking that he going to roll down the stairs, dragging his pregnant wife along with him.

 

However two pairs of hands grabbed him and secured his position. One of them gently transferred his sleeping wife from his arms into theirs while the other still had his support afraid that Chunji might lose his balance again if they let go.

 

“Are you alright hyung?” the two asked the still stunned guy to which he just nodded. “So should I drop her on your bed?” Hansuke questioned him while he nodded again.

 

Hansuke walked in the front with Jin Kyong still sleeping in his arms while Ho Seok guided Chunji back into his room. Hansuke carefully placed her on the bed, careful enough not to wake her.

 

She twisted and turned a little to find a comfortable position before continuing to sleep soundly. Chunji flopped down beside her and his eyes were completely fixed on her.

 

He slowly settled down beside her and wrapped his arms around her. Seeing the lovey-dovey moments, Hansuke and Ho Seok walked out of the room silently, not forgetting to close the door behind them.

 

Chunji was still shaken. He thought he had almost endangered her life. He spoke to her sleeping form for some time. He touched her protruded belly and felt so different.

 

“I never really thought about this when I got you into my life. I’m still not ready for a baby. But I’m trying my level best, love. I never want to lose you. However, I’m afraid love.” A drop of tear fell on her cheeks.

 

She couldn’t take it anymore. She quickly opened her eyes and stared at him. Half of his body was in the air, right above her with his eyes tightly shut and tears slowly trailing down his cheeks.

 

She got up slightly and sealed his lips with hers. He opened his eyes and were shocked to see her awake. “Did I wake you up?” he asked worried while she shook her head in response.

 

“What are you afraid of, Channie-ah?” she asked in a soft whisper.

 

‘I’m afraid that I might take up my old habits.’ Was what he wanted to say to her but all he said was, “I’m afraid of hurting you.” He replied i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter