Caring Husband

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

From the day that I escaped a near death situation, Channie has become so caring and protective. He looked after me as if I was the most priced procession while I felt like I was in dreamland.

 

If you remember, I used to wish for this moment when I came to know I was pregnant and not know what to do as my dear husband wasn’t really interested in having a baby.

 

Even now he is still not okay with it. He is still trying to get used to the fact. But hey! He has been putting a lot of effort in it. So I will give him full credit for that.

 

I was close to my fifth month. I was sitting on the couch, watching TV while Channie was feeding me. Hyun Su and Sanghyun were already at school. Hansuke would have dropped them on their way to office.

 

Channie also should have been in office by now. But since I didn’t have my food by the time he was ready to leave for office, he stayed behind and is now feeding me. For some odd reasons I wasn’t really in a mood to eat anything.

 

After so much persuasion and trouble, he finally succeeded in making me eat something. He let out a sigh in relief and looked at the time, only to let out another sigh as it was almost midday.

 

After a few adjustments in his look, he left to his office. I continued to sit on the couch and watched some cartoons. Weird, isn’t it? I know. But I just couldn’t help the urge.

 

When I had enough with the channel and wanted to change it, I simply couldn’t find the remote. 'Where could it have disappeared to?' I slowly got up from the couch and looked around.

 

All over the couch, table, TV stand and everywhere else around the room I have looked. I even took the pain of walking over to the dining room and searched on the table there. But I found it nowhere.

 

I slowly walked back to the living room and gently flopped down on the floor to search underneath the sofa. I was shocked to find it at the very end. I let out a sigh and looked around for something with which I could bring the remote out.

 

But I found none. I pressed my palm against the sofa and stood up with it as a support, then found a thin rod at the end of the room. I brought it over and flopped down on the same spot.

 

But when I bent down, the remote was right at the starting of the sofa as if it was waiting for me to pick it up. I blinked twice or thrice to make myself believe that I wasn’t hallucinating.

 

When I saw it was still there at the same spot, I took it out and changed the channel while still sitting on the floor. I really wasn’t in a mood to get up and settle on the couch.

 

I made myself comfortable on the floor while I flipped through the channels. I finally settled on a music channel and started watching all the songs.

 

A few minutes later, Ho Seok walked into the living room and he looked surprised to find me on the floor. “Hello oppa,” I waved at him with a smile.

 

“Uh? Hi,” he waved back hesitatingly before walking up to me. “Why are you on the floor?”

 

“Um, it’s a long story oppa. Have a seat. If you are here for Suke, then he isn’t here.” I told him without even asking why he was here.

 

“Well, I’m not here for him. I actually came to check up on you. I had free time and Hansuke was involved in a series of meeting. So he asked me to check up on you.” He said with a smile. “Would you mind if I sit here?”

 

He pointed out to the spot on the floor beside me while I looked at him wide-eyed. “You can sit on the couch. Oh wait, let me get up if me sitting here makes you uncomfortable.”

 

I was about to get myself up, when he quickly flopped down beside me. “I wouldn’t mind sitting here either. So please don’t strain yourself.”

 

“Thank you,” I really was thankful to him.

 

We both continued to remain silent, listening to the songs. “How is our nephew/niece?” I turned to look at him but before I could answer, he continued, “I can call the baby that, can’t I?”

 

I blinked at him blankly for a moment before letting out a chuckle. It was his turn to stare blankly now. “What are you asking oppa? Of course, you can. Even if you are not dating Suke, you are still Channie’s cousin. You are more related to my baby than Suke is.”

 

He smiled widely hearing it. “Don’t differentiate me and Suke. He is a guy who considers you as his real family.”

 

“Of course, I know. And I think of him as a family too. Why else would I have given the administration of my father’s company to him?”

 

“Oops! Yeah! Sorry I forgot,” he blushed in embarrassment.

 

“Coming to the defense of your boyfriend?” he blushed furiously. “I find it very cute oppa.” I playfully pinched his cheeks before lightly wrapping my arms around him. “I’m so happy that Suke has you. He is very lucky.”

 

“I’m lucky too,” he returned the hug. “And I wish that he and I would one day be like hyung and you.” He said with a twinkle in his eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter