Experiment

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

I was really thankful that Hansuke didn’t catch up to the actual truth, after Dr. Jang nearly slipped out the news about my pregnancy to him.

 

I wonder whether he really didn’t notice it or he is just trying to act oblivious to it. Whatever might be the case, I was still thankful.

 

However, I had to arrange for a meet with Dr. Jang some other day and explain her the reason for my action that day. I thought I owe her at least that much.

 

So here we were sitting in the café, as silence engulfed us. I have told her about my dilemma and the reason behind it. Though she wasn’t happy with the idea, she still understood my situation.

 

“So what are you planning to do now?” she asked, looking at me concerned. “Whatever you decide, please do it quickly, Jin Kyong. The more you delay, the more it might bring risks to your life. Do you get it?” I nodded.

 

We spoke with each other for some more time, before she looked at her watch and remembered that she has to report to the hospital, she bid adieu and left the place while I continued to sit down and stare out the glass wall overlooking the road.

 

Suddenly I saw a person walking along the pavement and my eyes widened. As I kept looking at the person, trying to figure out who the person might be, the waiter suddenly stood in front of me, blocking the way.

 

When I quickly placed the order and looked behind the waiter, the person has disappeared. I let out a small sigh and took a sip of the drink. A person flopped in the seat in front of me, as I placed the glass back on to the table.

 

“Is this place taken?” The person kind of flirted with me.

 

I looked up at him, only to be surprised as I thought some guy was trying to flirt with me. But I wasn’t expecting to see him there. ‘Is it really happening?’ I wondered.

 

I thought I was actually hallucinating when I first thought I saw him walk along the pavement outside the café, as his office is nowhere near to the place.

 

“Channie?” I looked at him, with disbelief still lingering in my eyes.

 

“Hello love,” he smiled widely.

 

“You are here?” I asked, reaching for his hand while he nodded with a smile and linked his fingers with mine. “How?” I questioned him, dumbly.

 

“I had a meeting just across the street. I was getting ready to leave, when I thought I saw someone like you entering this café. So I came here to confirm my thoughts. Who was that girl?”

 

“She is a friend of mine. We just had a casual meet.” I smiled at him.

 

We continued to sit there and had something for the evening before heading out. He had sent his car to pick up the boys from their school. So we both got into the car in which I came to the café as the driver drove us towards home.

 

I was suddenly feeling all tired as if it has been a very long day. I rested my head on his shoulders with my eyes closed while he wrapped his arm around my waist and held me close.

 

“Is the boys’ PTA tomorrow?” he asked, breaking our silence.

 

“Yeah,” I opened my eyes and sat up straight. “Are you going to come along?” I looked at him with puppy eyes.

 

“I guess so. I’m thinking about it.” he smiled, winking at me.

 

“Really? Thank you so much.” I kissed his cheeks, before embracing him.

 

He let out chuckle, before saying, “At times I wonder whether they are the kids or is it you. Sometimes, even the boys are a lot mature than you.” He smirked, while I pouted. “See, you prove it.” my pout intensified and he let out a chuckle once again. “But that’s what I love about you, Jinni.” He pulled me in for a kiss.

 

The car came to a halt and we were in front of our mansion. We both got down from the car and headed inside with our hands interlocked with each other. In the living room, Hansuke and Ho Seok was romancing each other.

 

I cleared my throat as I walked past them to our room while they both blushed like anything, before scrambling away. We both got into our room and took turns in taking our shower. Channie has asked me out for a date as it has been a long time since we spend our time together like a sweet couple.

 

I dressed myself in a loose, comfortable outfit and got ready in a few minutes time. By that time, he was ready too. We both informed the other guys that we will be returning home very late in the night before getting into Channie’s car and we driving away.

 

We went to a park and took a long stroll along the park, enjoying the beautiful sunset and cool breeze. For the moment, I decided to forget about our social status and be normal like everyone else. I dragged Channie to a local restaurant which looked really tempting and inviting.

 

Though he was against the idea at first, later he compiled with it as he knows that he can’t win over me. So we chose a nice corner booth which wouldn’t be disturbed by people much and ordered the food.

 

The owner of the shop was an old couple who were working really hard for the customers. We ate our foods happily and I got to tell you that the food tasted really better than most of the hotels I have ever been to.

 

We paid the bill along with a heavy tip and left the restaurant. We walked past a baby shop which caught my attention instantly. I took him back to the shop and once we entered inside, I got really excited.

 

There were all kinds of baby items, of different sizes and colors. “Why are we here?” Channie questioned, getting flustered.

 

“I’m just having a look. Are you not okay with that?” I tilted my head to a side and looked at him,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter