False Alarm

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

The next morning, I called the doctor and took an appointment after making sure Channie was nowhere in earshot. I maintained my composure the entire time, everyone was getting ready for their respective works.

 

After everyone left the house, I quickly got ready and rushed to the hospital. I waited patiently in the waiting area for my turn. I felt like the more I waited, the more my energy drained.

 

But when the nurse told me that I can go to the consultation room now, I found a new ray of energy. I quickly marched into the room and took a seat.

 

“Are you Park Sun Hye’s daughter?” the doctor queried me once he took a proper look at me. 'So he still remembers me?' I thought while I nodded, “I’m sorry about your parents.”

 

“It’s okay. It’s been a long time.” I gave him a smile, which he returned. He was in his late thirties but hardly looked like he was in his thirties at all.

 

“So what brings you here, Jin Kyong-ah? I can still call you that, can’t I?” I nodded with a smile and started explaining him a little about my problem.

 

“Whoa! So you are not the little girl I know, anymore? I still couldn’t believe you are old enough to be married. Time sure have passed by quickly. And you said that your husband was abused in his childhood?” I nodded. “And he settled in a relationship? Well, a more serious relationship such as a marriage? That’s a good news.”

 

“Why is that so, Dr. Shim?”

 

“Well, for a boy with such a past, it’s really hard for him to settle down. They feel insecure when it comes to emotions and feelings. So they never get chained down to one single person as they believe that no one in this world is really trustworthy. So it was him who proposed you or you made him do it?”

 

“I didn’t force him to do anything. In fact, I even kind of backed away from the marriage as I started to have second thoughts.”

 

“And why was that? Did you started to feel that he’s not the right guy for you like every other girl thinks?”

 

“What do you mean?” I was confused.

 

“You know, most of the girls doesn’t like to share their future with a guy who has had an abused childhood.” He replied.

 

“What? No, I was not thinking in that way. I love him for dear life and I started to cherish him even more when he told me about his past. I was having second thoughts because I started to believe that I’m not the right person for him.” I then started to give him a little insight about my past.

 

We spoke and we spoke and it was nearly an hour. I felt like I can understand Channie much better after speaking with Dr. Shim. Now I don’t think I can take anything he does, in a wrong way at all.

 

“So you are saying that you are nearly 10 weeks pregnant and he doesn’t know about it?” he asked me while writing notes on his work pad. I nodded as he looked up. “Why not? Isn’t that a good news?”

 

“I’m not sure about it anymore, doctor. When I was thinking about breaking out the news to him, he got a call from his friend who had a baby that day and he got all upset about it. So I decided not to tell him about this and upset him more. What if he hates me?” I started to get paranoid.

 

Tears started to roll down my cheeks. I started to wipe them off quickly but it kept flowing non-stop while Dr. Shim passed me some tissues. I wiped the tears and looked up at him. “I’m thinking of aborting this baby.”

 

“What?” he looked at me in shock. “Why would you think like that?”

 

“How can I bring a life into this world when I know the father doesn’t want it?” I sniffed.

 

“Did he say that to you?” he asked, while I shook my head. “Then how do you say that he doesn’t want to have a baby?”

 

“Aren’t the ways he reacted that day enough to conclude that?” I asked, hoping against hope that Dr. Shim would say otherwise.

 

I sighed in relief when he said, “No, I don’t think so. I would never imagine such scenarios until it really happened.”

 

“So what do you suggest I should do, Dr. Shim?”

 

“Being a doctor, I would stand against the thought of getting an abortion. But if that’s the only option, then I think you have to make sure all possible ways before you jump into conclusions. As far as my observations go, I feel that we aren’t sure whether your husband is really against having a baby. So all I can suggest is that, since you have got two more weeks which is like a safe deadline for an abortion, I want you to create certain situations which would help you in finding out what your husband really thinks about having a baby. Those experiments will help you make a better decision.”

 

I thought about it for a moment and then I felt that what the doctor has said was right. “I will do that, Dr. Shim.” I smiled at him gratefully.

 

The hour of our session got over exactly that moment. “Is there anything else you want to discuss about Jin Kyong-ah?”

 

“Um, that is all I believe, Dr. Shim. I will get going then.” I stood up from the couch while he did the same too.

 

“I believe you will not make any rash decisions. Call me if you are in need of any help.”

 

“Of course, I will. It was nice meeting you.” I bowed at him and left the room.

 

The whole way back home, all I could think about was what the doctor said. 'He was right. How could I make such a big decision when I wasn’t even sure about it?'

 

I reached home a few minutes later and none of them were back yet. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter