Mysterious Plan

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

Jin Kyong pulled apart a little and stared up at him. She let out a heavy sigh noticing that he didn’t listen to her words seriously.

 

“Didn’t I just ask you to stop listening to your mind?” she repeated herself once again, a little bit louder this time.

 

He gazed down at her with a confused look as he heard the sentence for the second time. As she noticed that he didn’t understand what she meant, she spoke a little more clearly than the previous time.

 

“I know what your stupid mind is making you believe. You are a good person and more importantly a good father. Believe that first.”

 

His eyes bulged out hearing her speak about what he was thinking so far. “How do you?” words didn’t really make it out of his mouth.

 

“I know.” She gave him a little smile.

 

He took a long breath and spoke, “I’m not a good person. And I don’t think I’m a good father either.” He let out a sigh, with a little shake in his voice.

 

She looked up at him and saw that he was avoiding looking at her. So she took off her hands from around his waist and held onto his face, forcing him to face her.

 

“What made you think like that?” she asked softly, staring straight into his eyes.

 

“I don’t know. I just feel so. Did you see how Sang Ki-ah reacted earlier? He’s scared of me. And I am not able to approach him on my own either. Doesn’t that tell you how bad of a father I am?”

 

She wanted to smack his head and knock some sense into him. However, a drop of tear fell out of his, now closed eyes.

 

Once again she felt like her husband is also a kid whom she has to constantly take care of. Even though it’s very tiring at times, she still couldn’t stop loving this idiotic husband of hers.

 

She feels to share some special bond with him that just doesn’t gets broken, come what may. She gently wiped away the fallen tears and pecked his forehead, making his eyes shot open.

 

“Tell me why you couldn’t approach him? You are his father. I have made sure that no one is stopping you from spending time with our son. Or is someone stopping you behind my back?”

 

The girl who always seemed to catch even the small hidden meaning behind his words, looked a little lost for the first time.

 

“No, no one is stopping me from getting along with our son.” He shook his head and he hesitated a little before speaking up, “It’s just me. I get scared whenever I’m close to him. I couldn’t stop myself from thinking that I would end up hurting him. My head is all messed up.”

 

He shed a tear or two which he wiped away quickly. She felt really bad for him but she wasn’t sure how to react to it. She wanted to console him in any way she could and convince him that his mind was just playing with him.

 

But she wasn’t sure whether she heard it right. People with horrible past are definitely not someone easy to handle. She has to be careful and wise with her choice of words.

 

“Are you scared that you would turn out to be like your father too?” she asked him, after what seemed like an eternity.

 

“I don’t know. I just love him too much that I don’t want to put him in risk of getting hurt, the way I did.”

 

“I understand.” She ran her fingers through his hair to sooth him. “But why do you think you might hurt him like how your father hurt you?”

 

He flinched at the words and he sat up straight. He didn’t even try to hide it. She realized her mistake and hugged him tightly. “I’m sorry.” She whispered. “I didn’t mean to put it that way.”

 

He remained silent for a while and the deafening silence was driving her insane. She didn’t mean to frame her question out like that but it’s too late to think about now.

 

Finally some time later, Chunji broke the silence. “I know you didn’t. So don’t be sorry.” He held her hands which were wrapped around him. “I don’t know why I think like that too. It’s just some sort of fear that I get as soon as I look at Sang Ki.”

 

She didn’t want to pressurize him more about the topic and also they both were too tired to even discuss about it. So she decided to talk to him about this later.

 

Without uttering another word, she used her ultimate strength and pulled him back, making him fall on top of her. A low groan escaped and that was enough to fluster Chunji.

 

He immediately tried getting up, however, he was held down tightly by her. He was surprised by it. “Um, Jinni?” he called out to her while she hummed in response, neither opening her eyes nor loosening her hold around her husband.

 

“Let me get up, Jinni-ah.” His voice was filled with worry.

 

“Why?” she asked him lazily, whining a little.

 

“Because I’m heavy and I’m lying on top of you?”

 

“Fine. I will loosen my hold. But don’t run away as soon as I do so. Promise me that you will sleep well.”

 

He felt happy that she still cared for him and he broke into a huge smile. “I won’t run away.” He said, trying not to sound too excited.

 

She slowly loosened her hold on him and like he said, he didn’t run away. He just rolled around to the side and held her close to him. It’s been too long that they were even this close.

 

She could clearly hear his erratic heartbeat but she didn’t react to it in any way. Slowly his heart started to beat in a normal pace and his breathing was steady too. She knew that he has finally fallen asleep.

 

Without any more worry, she too closed her eyes and drifted off into dreamland. Somewhere later, her sleep got disturbed as she felt a little uncomfortable, especially with the breathing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter