New Found Hope

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

The moment he said that, my brain and my mind completely froze. I didn’t know how to react. Should I feel nervous? Scared? Disappointed? Shattered?

 

I wasn’t sure. But all I knew is that I shouldn’t break the news to him today. I was really thankful that my brain was sane enough to understand that.

 

I had no idea what he spoke after that. When he finished talking, he leaned closer and kissed my forehead with that sweet smile of his.

 

“Let’s go to sleep my love. I’m feeling very tired.” He stood up from the bed and helped me get up too. We walked back to the living room and informed the others that we are going to hit the bed early that day.

 

He guided me back to our room and we got into our bed. He pulled me into an embrace and snuggled nicely against my back while his hands slowly rested on my tummy.

 

He gently rubbed it a few times, taking me by surprise. I bit my nails in fear, as I wondered whether he found out the truth. But in reality, he didn't. He simply rested his head on my shoulder and drifted off to dreamland within the next few minutes.

 

Lucky him! Unlike him, I was wide awake for the rest of the night. I simply couldn’t get the thought out of my mind. I stared blankly on the plain wall opposite to me as I felt his warm breathing and steady heartbeat.

 

 

Nearly a week passed after that. I still couldn’t figure out what I should do exactly. Channie is my dear husband whom I love the most and I didn’t want to lose him for anything in this world.

 

I never did anything that would hurt him until now. If my pregnancy would hurt him, then should I consider aborting it? I slowly started to regard that option very seriously.

 

However, something in me was telling me to test him with a few other scenarios and later conclude. It’s really shattering to even think of an abortion.

 

Dr. Jang had asked me to make a weekly checkup as she feels I’m quite weak to have a baby and something might happen to either me or the baby.

 

So here I was in her consultation room once again at the end of the week. She did the checkup and she said that the baby and I are doing well so far.

 

“Jin Kyong-sshi, why didn’t you bring your husband along with you?” she asked, as she wrote something on the medical record.

 

I froze for a moment but quickly recomposed myself as she looked up at me. “Ah, he was supposed to accompany me. But he couldn’t make it as he is caught up in a meeting in the last minute.” I said, with a weak smile while she nodded.

 

She then gave me a few advices on what I should eat and so. When she was finished with it, “I will see you again next week, Jin Kyong-sshi.”

 

I nodded my head and walked out of her room. Tears flowed down my cheeks as I made my way to my car. I drove myself here as I didn’t want the others to know about my visit to the hospital. It was better this way to avoid the confrontation.

 

I sat in the car, trying to compose my overwhelming emotions as I know I cannot drive while I’m feeling distraught. I rested my head on the steering wheel and tried taking long deep breaths.

 

My phone suddenly started to ring, startling me. I picked it up from the holder and read the caller id. It was from the little guys’ school. I started to get worried as I answered the call.

 

I finally sighed in relief as I hung up. I didn’t get a call from the school because something had happened to either Hyun Su or Sanghyun. They just wanted to inform me that their classes have PTA meet the coming weekend and since I’m their legal guardian, they wanted me to attend.

 

The new information took my mind temporarily off my pregnancy and the trouble following it. I took a gulp of water from the bottle, before starting up the car. I drove to Hyun Su’s school where they had a nursery too.

 

I walked into the nursery and volunteered to look after the kids for the day. There were kids of the age, a few months old to four or five years old. They all looked so cute, irrespective of their gender.

 

'How I wish that I could have kids of my own one day! If only Channie didn’t hate having kids, then I can have a baby in a year.' I thought while I spend the rest of my day in the nursery, looking after the kids until Hyun Su’s and Sanghyun’s school got over for the day.

 

I walked over to the parking lot where the driver would usually pick them up. But today, I have asked him not to come over as I was already there. I stood beside my car, waiting for them to make an appearance.

 

“Noona?” a high pitched voice called out to me as he came running to me. As soon as he reached me, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a tight embrace. “You came to pick us up?”

 

I opened my mouth to answer but instead the guy continued to hug me tight as if to comfort me from something and it did work. Calm me, I mean. “Where's Sanghyun?” I asked, a moment later.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter