Finally!!!

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Hello friends, I'm extremely sorry about my late update. So here I have come with a super long update for you all. Hope you all enjoy reading it XD

 

Jin Kyong’s POV:

 

I looked up at him and found him smiling down at me ever so sweetly. “Chan Hee oppa, would you sleep with me tonight?”

 

He looked at me for a few seconds blankly, blinking a few times here and there. Well, you would be thinking that we both have been sleeping together since we started staying in the same house.

 

We do sleep in the same room. But not in the same bed. We have two beds in our room. However, most of the times Chan Hee would be sleeping in my bed.

 

He is such a sneaky guy, always crawling into my bed in the middle of the night when I’m deep asleep. Even though this has happened quite a lot of times, but there was never a time where I invited him over.

 

He softly nodded his head, still in a daze while I smiled at his cuteness and took hold of his hand. I gently steered him towards our bedroom and let go off his hand. I gathered my night dress and went to take a shower.

 

When I came back into the room after I finished showering, Chan Hee still looked like a lost child. I helped him gather something for him to wear and pushed him into the bathroom.

 

After a few minutes of silence, I heard the shower running. When he walked out of the bathroom, I was already sitting on my bed, waiting for him.

 

He stood at the foot of the bed and looked still unsure of what has happened until now. I missed this innocent side of his. I patted the space beside me and motioned him to occupy it.

 

He hesitatingly crawled into the bed and softly pulled me into his embrace. I looked up at him and started caressing his cheeks while he had his eyes closed.

 

“Channie-ah?” I called out to him.

 

“Um?” he responded, with his eyes still closed.

 

“Oppa?” I whispered.

 

“Um?” he responded again but his eyes fluttered open and was looking into mine now.

 

“Can I ask you something?” he nodded his head softly. But I couldn’t gather my words.

 

He placed his left hand on top of my right hand which was still caressing his soft locks and his face. He took hold of it and gave it an assuring squeeze.

 

“I want to ask you something about the wedding ring.”

 

At the mention of the ring, he started to get a little flustered. The hold he had around my waist loosened a little and his left hand was about to let go of mine, however I took hold of it now.

 

“I’m sorry. I wouldn’t talk about it if you aren’t comfortable.” My eyes automatically darted towards his ring finger.

 

“Jinni-ah, what do you want to know about it?” he called out to me, a few seconds later.

 

“Um, I just wanted to know what happened to it.”

 

He was silent for a while. “I lost it, Jinni.” He started in a low voice. “I didn’t even realize that I lost it until you pointed it out. I even searched for it everywhere after that but I couldn’t find it.”

 

“Why didn’t you replace it with a new one? I mean if you have just lost it, you could have bought a new one. But why didn’t you?” I asked him softly.

 

“I know I could have. But it wouldn’t be the same as the one you gave me. Also I was not in my right mind then. Then things turned out different.”

 

‘So he didn’t throw it away? I did misunderstand him like Hyun Su said earlier? Did I really jump into a conclusion too soon?’ were some of the thoughts that were running in my head when he shook me out of it.

 

“Are you alright?” he looked down at me with worry-filled eyes.

 

Even though my heart felt heavy, I just nodded my head stating that I’m alright. However, I could sense that he didn’t buy it.

 

So before he could question me more on it, I decided to change the topic. “Channie-ah, could I ask you something else as well?”

 

His face clearly expressed that he was dissatisfied with my effort on changing the topic so quickly. He let out a sigh and asked me to go on.

 

“Were you planning on living with Jenny?” he flinched at the mention of her. I knew it’s sensitive for the both of us to bring up her name but I just couldn’t help it.

 

I still had my hands holding his while he remained silent as he gently looked down at me. “Jin Kyong-ah, you do know that I never had any intention of having a family with anyone else other than you, don’t you?”

 

He stared down at me. His eyes were clearly reflecting his inner soul and they were yearning for a positive answer. This side of him reminded me the sweet boy I fell in love with, all those years ago.

 

It assured me that the sweet boy still exists in the guy I still happen to be in love with. I continued to stare into his eyes without replying him. But eventually I softly nodded my head, not able to take his puppy dog look anymore.

 

“I believe you knew that people always flirted with me. But I had my eyes only on you.”

 

“I knew people always flirted with you. And I also know how you flirted back with them.” He gave a sheepish smile. “But Channie oppa, why her?”

 

“Mwoh?” he looked lost.

 

“I mean why Jenny? You had so many girls behind you. But why her? When all those girls couldn’t grab your heart, how could Jenny do it?”

 

“Should we really talk about it, Jinni? She’s not even here anymore.”

 

But curiosity got the better of me. I really wanted to know what made her so special. “I know. But I’m really curious.”

 

“I don’t know, Jinni. I just lost my mind and took advantage of her. Maybe her name?”

 

“What? Her name?” I was taken aback.

 

“I know that it doesn’t make sense.”

 

“Yes, it doesn’t.” I cut him off.

 

He gave me a soft smile before he continued. “I know. It’s just that now I think about it, it makes me feel that everything started all because of her name.”

 

He paused for a moment, “I know this might sound like an excuse now. But I think that’s what I felt then. Her name ‘Jenny’ was nearly the same as yours, Jinni. I don’t think anything else really mattered then. Like I said earlier, I just lost my mind. And I realized how big of a mistake I made after what happened to you when Sang Ki was born.”

 

His eyes were filled with guilt and he refused to look into my eyes anymore. I can clearly see that he meant every word he has uttered so far while I continued to have my hold on him the same as earlier.

 

“It hurt me to see you like that. When Hansuke and Ho Seok forced me to sign the divorce papers, I could have refused to do it. In fact, I wanted to refuse doing it until the end. But I just couldn’t. You were suffering because of me. I felt it was for the best that I let you go than make you suffer more.”

 

I was slowly getting to know the side of him which I haven’t tried to figure out for the past few years.

 

“Why didn’t you get into any relationship after that? Didn’t you find any girl who got your interest?”

 

His eyes shot in my direction and he stared down at me with wide-eyes. “What do you mean? Do you want me to get some girl?”

 

I got a little flustered with the reverse question as I wasn’t expecting that. I didn’t realize I was backing away slowly until the hold was reversed.

 

His hand had a firm hold around my waist and pulled me towards him with a strong pull. One moment I was just lying there, holding his hand and the next moment I was in one of his arms while the other was holding the one I used to hold his.

 

His face wore a teasing expression while he playfully wiggled his eyebrows, kind of daring me to reply to that question of his.

 

If I have to be totally honest, I don’t think I can take it if he finds another girl. I love him too much to lose him to someone else. However, I don’t want to be selfish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter