Dream or Reality?

Ordeal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV:

 

She continued to sit on the bench, fidgeting with her fingers, trying to come up with some conclusion, when someone appeared in front of her.

 

She looked up and saw her little princess Sun Ah sobbing in Hyun Su’s arms. She motioned him to hand the crying girl over to her, when her little angel walked up to her, while holding onto Sanghyun’s arms.

 

Hyun Su handed Sun Ah over to her and flopped down on the grass in front of them. Jin Kyong started pacifying the little one, while Sang Ki continue to stand in front of the three of them and observed them. Sanghyun was also sitting on the grass beside Hyun Su.

 

A huge yawn escaped their mouth while they both stared at the rising sun. Sun Ah didn’t stop crying and that woke Chunji up. He sat up groggily and looked at his wife pacifying his daughter.

 

He rubbed his eyes and let out a yawn. He moved as close as he can get to his wife and put his arms around her shoulders. All the while, Sang Ki was staring at him and Chunji was unaware of it.

 

Jin Kyong noticed her dear son standing at a distance and gazing at her husband, with a kind of sad look on his eyes. Even though the bond between the father and the son has gotten better, still the latter is kind of hesitating to approach his father on his own.

 

He still feels like his father would rather play with his sister than him. Sun Ah has nearly calmed down and was now slipping away into dreamland once again while she was still in Jin Kyong’s arms.

 

Jin Kyong looked at her husband and noticed that he didn’t even have a glance at their son. She let out a small sigh and thought of doing something to help. So she gently nudged his sides with her elbow.

 

“Wae?” her husband whined with a small pout.

 

She motioned her head in the direction of their son, indicating him to take a glance. Chunji turned in that direction and found his son staring at him. They both continued to look at each other but neither of them made the first move.

 

She shook her head lightly as she thought ‘Like father, like son!’

 

After what seemed like eternity, Chunji broke the staring contest and made the first move. He put his hands out for his son while the latter blinked several times before walking straight into the outstretched arms.

 

The two bonded well with each other after that. However, there still remained an awkward tension around them. Jin Kyong didn’t want to interfere in between them and so she just let them be.

 

A few minutes later, Sang Ki fell asleep too. He was still in Chunji’s arms and his tiny hands were still clutching onto his father’s shirt tightly, while Chunji’s arms were securely wrapped around his boy.

 

Jin Kyong smiled at the loving scene and they both continued to sit there, enjoying the beautiful sunrise. But a moment later, she noticed how tired Chunji’s eyes were and how much he was fighting himself to stay awake.

 

She couldn’t see him like that anymore. “Hyun Su-ah! Sanghyun-ah!” she called out to the two boys gently.

 

“Ne noona?” they both asked in unison.

 

“Will you be going back to sleep by any chance?” she asked them.

 

They both glanced at each other once before turning towards Jin Kyong. “No noona. We are awake for good this time. Do you want us to do anything for you noona?” Sanghyun asked, concern oozing out in his voice.

 

“Um, in fact I do baby.” She said while Chunji’s head shot in her direction. “Could you both take the little ones to their bed and look after them for some time? Your hyung and I couldn’t sleep last night because of some things. But only if it’s okay with you both. I’m not imposing.”

 

“Aish! Noona! Why are you being so formal suddenly? We both will look after them. Don’t worry. You trust us, don’t you?” she nodded her head. “Then forget about everything else.”

 

They both stood up and walked towards the bench where Jin Kyong and Chunji were sitting with their sleeping kids on their lap. Hyun Su carried Sun Ah from Jin Kyong’s lap while Sanghyun tried to take Sang Ki from Chunji’s lap but the little boy’s grip on his father’s shirt was really too much that he couldn’t be separated.

 

“I will bring him to bed.” Chunji said to Sanghyun and stood up.

 

Chunji was still a bit drowsy and his steps were unsteady. However, he had a de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter