Captive

River of No Return

So Min

We finally reached a dilapitated jetty. I stopped abruptly in my tracks to look around. There was not a soul in sight and the jetty looked eerily deserted.

It then struck me of the oddities that Sunbae would be brought here if he was involved in an accident or a scuffle. I would have thought he would be appropriately brought to a hospital or police station. That was the first time I questioned myself of the credibility of the two men whom I thought were police officers all along.

“Who are you?” I threw my doubts to the men in front.

They turned around and asked with fake concern, “Don’t you want to see your friend?”   

 I retreated backwards while still facing them. I smelled danger in the air.

“Who are you? Why did you bring me here?” My heart froze when they reciprocated my question with a heinous grin and strutted slowly towards me.

Something was definitely wrong!

Without hesitation, I spun around and took flight. I ran as fast as I could, wailing for help in hope that someone would hear and come to my rescue.

My body was pumping sufficient adrenaline for my escape, but the tight skirt and shoes that I donned today was a major mistake. I could hear them catching up rapidly behind me. I tried to sprint faster but my heels betrayed me. I fell forward on the hard cement as I cushioned my fall with both my hands.

“Argh!!” I whimpered as the impact of the fall electrified through my nerves. Wasting no time, I leaped onto my feet again while kicking the obtrusive stilettos aside.

 

 

It was too late!

One of the men had grasped my hands from behind and coiled them behind my back. I continued to struggle for my dear life to no avail. The more I struggled, the stronger was their hold. I was just no match for the strength of both burly men combined. With my hands held down, the only thing I could do now was to yell for help.

“HELP ME! HELP! HELP!”

THUD! An excruciating pain pierced through my body as something hit my neck.

 

My world went pitch black.

“Somebody..help me…” I could hear my own final distressed call before I faded out into hopelessness.