Every Now & Then You Need A Little Word Vomit :P (REVISED VERSION)

Once In A Lifetime

In a few hours I was waking up again. I was alone in the entire room sleeping on the living room couch of our suite where I fell asleep this morning. The beautiful dress I had been wearing earlier had been folded neatly and put away in my room’s safe with Paije’s. There was no way I was even going to tempt Madison with ruining it, because I knew not even Sim Sunbae could stop me from murdering her.  I glanced at the digital clock that hung from the wall across from me. It read 3:30pm. I sat up realizing that I was crushing something in my hands…the note from T.O.P. I had read that sliver of paper so many times it looked withered. I knew I was going, but the question would be whether to go alone. No I decided, but who to bring? How many should come with me? Just in time Paije walked in the room.

“Hey! You're up?” she smiled brightly at the phone she was holding.

“Yea” I answered stretching. “What’s up?”

“Lee Seung Gi” she sang. “We’ve been texting non-stop all day.”

                I shook my head impressed, until I realized that Hyun Joong left me a message on my phone that I never replied too, since yesterday. I leaped off the couch and ran into the room searching frantically for the phone.

                                                Oppa…sorry for not responding. Really, Really, Really, REALLY SORRY.

                I felt a little more relaxed knowing that I had written him back. I ruffled my hands through the still straightened hair as we both watched the note fall from my hands. Paije went to pick it up.

“You're going right?” She asked handing it back to me.

“No doubt. You're coming with me?” I asked looking at her face seeing the slightest hesitation. “What?! Paije you have to come, I can’t go by myself. Besides, you’ve never even seen the YG Building.”

“I know, but what am I gonna do there? I can’t even audition thank God” she laughed.

“Don’t give me that, you just want to text Seung Gi. You can do that at YG”

“Why do you need me to go anyway? This doesn’t seem like an open invitation.”

“Paije!” I yelled. “I cannot meet T.O.P alone…I just can’t!”

“Why not?” Paije was giving me her signature quit-the-bull-and-tell-me-what’s-going-on stares.

                My phone rang suddenly with a number I didn’t recognize and I flipped it open to answer it.

“Hello?” I asked hesitantly.

“We’re you avoiding me?” A playful voice asked on the other end; I automatically recognized who it was.

“No!” I answered too loudly. “I was practicing for an audition and then the photo-”

“Photo-shoot this morning” he finished. “Yea I figured” his tone deflated ¼ of a pitch.

“I am really, really, really, really, really, sorry.” I heard his laughing through the phone.

“I know, I read your message.”

“I promise, no matter what I will respond next time.”

“Okay” he said confident. “Hold on?”

I waited patiently on the other end of the phone listening to his beautiful Korean flow out effortlessly.  “Are you busy?” I asked when he came back.

“No…Seung Gi is doing a commercial and he asked me to come along. Are you?”

“Not yet” I confessed.

“What’s going on?” His tone was back to the light and playful sound.

“Nothing just practicing at the YG Building.”

“Oh…can you skip it?”

                Oh no! My ultimate decision lay out in front of me.

“I don’t think I can” I hesitated.

“Why not? Did they start choreography?”

“No but I-”

“Then what we’re you going to practice” he laughed.

“Dancing.” I smiled a smile so big I’m sure he could hear it.

“I think you’ll be fine if you don’t go.”

“T.O.P said he wanted-”

“T.O.P?” His voice cut abrupt.

“Yea…” I was wincing over the phone. “He wanted to see me?”

“What for?” His tone eased slightly.

“He didn’t say.”

He was quiet for a few beats. “Devon, it was nice talking to you, but I’ve got to go.”

“Okay, bye” I accepted disappointed.

“Bye” he answered equally somber before hanging up.

“What?” Paije asked allowing a few minutes to pass.

“Nothing”…I said shaking my head. “Everything is fine! Why? BECAUSE I’M MEETING T.O.P IN LESS THAN AN HOUR” I allowed myself to squeal getting excited.  

“And you're sure you can’t go alone?”

“You know” I started. “It’s not going to be such a big deal if we’re alone together” I added grinning at the idea.

                I found another pair of comfortable sweats and a t-shirt to put on and I quickly put my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my iPod, room-key, ID and cell phone before  putting  on my shoes. I opened the door to leave but stopped immediately when I saw who was sleeping at the door. Kendrick was sitting in the hallway of the hotel with his back propped against a wall sleeping soundly. He wasn’t snoring but breathing deep and heavily with his head tilted to the side. I kicked his foot and he awoke with a start.

“No Jam!”

“That’s okay, I don’t have any toast” I joked as he rubbed the sleep out of his eyes.

“Very funny” he added sarcastically standing up allowing our height difference be fully known.

                He was taller than me by a good inch or two, he was easily the same height as T.O.P. His semi-golden face still had traces of make-up with a thin line of eyeliner around his eyes. He was wearing a simple white t-shirt and a pair of grey sweat pants. The shirt clenched to his muscles accenting each definition.

“What’s up?” I asked walking down the hallway.

“I was just wondering if I could practice with you?” he asked following.

I stopped immediately. “Huh?”

“Can I practice with you?”

“Uhm”

“Do you always have to answer like that whenever I ask you something?”

“Uhm”

He broke into laughter. “It’s cool, I was just looking-”

“No! It’s not that. I’m just not sure what we would practice, I mean we weren’t even given anything-”

“What do you do when you go?”

                I took my time walking down the long hallway taking full advantage of the thinking time. When we reached the elevator he pushed the button for going down.

“Usually, I just go through the songs on my iPod doing the dance routines in the music videos.”

“What a coincidence?” he began. “So do I” he smiled at me.

                When the elevator doors opened Madison was there with a fresh upset expression waiting for the both of us. She whipped her head at the both of us like it we were a tennis match. Kendrick grabbed my arm and pushed past her dragging me along. We left the lobby and found ourselves outside a good two blocks away from the hotel.

“I think you can let me go now” I told him as he still walked with my arm caught in his.

“Oh…yea…sorry” he added dropping my arm. “It’s just if it were up to you, we’d still be in the elevator.”

“Every time I’m with you I feel guilty” I confessed.

“Are you trying to hurt my feelings?” he said with a sarcastic laugh. “You're really strange”

“How do you figure?” I laughed walking down the street with him.

“She’s awful towards you, and you're still trying to get us together.”

“Maybe if you got together, she’d like me more.”

“Don’t hold your breath.”

“You do it on purpose though!”

“What?” he stopped.

“You single me out just to see what she will do! You know she hates me, so you pretend to like me just so you can bully her.”

“I’m not pretend-”

“And on top of that!” I continued ignoring him. “You're really mean, especially towards her. I know she’s not nice, but you aren’t either.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He was either mad, annoyed, misunderstood or all three.

“You guys would be perfect for each other. You're both mean, selfish, rich and good-looking” I answered stating the obvious. I looked at him like “why-can’t-you-see-it”.

                He didn’t say anything, he just looked at me. I can’t even explain what this look was. It was a combination of a lot of things, but I knew one of those things was hurt. He opened his mouth to say something but then snapped it shut and started walking at a faster pace in the direction of YG. We stayed silent for the remainder of the walk. When we entered the YG Building, the same receptionist who helped me before smiled at me when we walked through the door. I bowed before catching up to Kendrick who was already entering the elevator. I stepped in just in time before the doors slapped shut. He was impatiently pushing the down button. He sighed impatient. I crossed my arms in tenacity. If he wanted to be like this…fine. Two play this game. As soon as the doors opened up to the basement level I walked right out heading for the same practice room I went to before. I pulled out my cell and looked at the time. It was 4:20. I opened the door and there was a small frame of a woman dancing in front of the large mirrors. When she turned around and flashed a move towards me, my mouth dropped in astonishment.

“Devon?” She brushed the hair from her face and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

“Why’d you just stop at the door?” Kendrick snapped pushing the door wider but then becoming just as utterly stunned as me when he saw who was in the room.

“Is your name Devon?” she smiled politely.

“C….L…” I drifted.

                My body ruptured butterflies from my core.

“Yes, I’m CL. Are you Devon?”

“Yes!” I nodded excitedly. “I’m Devon!!!!! DEVON ASHFORD” I was grinning from ear to ear.

“Nice to meet you” she grinned back. “Is this your guest?”

“No” he said smoothly. “I’m a winner myself. We just came here to practice.”

“Oh” she understood. “T.O.P said you wanted to go over some dance steps. He said that you were good, but you needed help in your technique.”

“T.O.P told you to meet him?” Kendrick whipped his head at me. 

                I nodded. T.O.P was utterly the most perfect person in the world and I had to find him to tell him. How cool was he to set-up a meeting with me and CL? How did he know she was my idol? And on top of that, he talked to her about me. He told her that I was a good dancer, but he gave me some critique as well. Apparently I needed to work on my technique, which was a whole lot nicer than saying that I wasn’t good at all.

“Should we start?” CL asked.

                We both nodded enthusiastic. She had me dance first to 2NE1’s Go Away. She was fun to be around but she was also no joke when it came to dancing. She pushed me harder than any other person had. She encouraged me to put my own twist on my dance style instead of trying to imitate theirs. She pumped up my energy that I wanted to do my best and put in my best effort. Kendrick watched us patiently as she worked with me and I could feel myself getting better each time.

“Your turn” CL smiled to him and he hopped up enthusiastically.

                They started working to MBLAQ’s Mona Lisa. I was totally surprised to find out that Kendrick was a really good dancer. His persona when he danced totally mirrored G-Dragon’s. His face was entirely focused and it oozed passion. I was totally caught up in watching him until I heard the door open and there was T.O.P standing at the door glaring. I scrambled myself from the floor as quickly as possible.

“T.O.P-oppa!” I grinned ignoring his attitude.

“What is this?” He said looking from me to Kendrick. “I tell you to come alone, and you bring your boyfriend.”

My head shook. “You didn’t tell me to come alone!” I was whining.

 He grumbled. “So he is your boyfriend”

“No Oppa! He just wanted to dance together.”

“I do something incredible for you and you share it with-”

“Oppa! How did you know?! CL?! She’s my favorite!!!!” I squealed. “I’m so happy!”

“I’m not. Tell him to leave” he said entering the practice room and casually leaning up against a wall.

“Oppa” I looked at him. “Can’t he stay? This means a lot to him”

“If you don’t like him, it should be simple. Tell him to leave.” He was smirking.

                Whenever he smirked my mind completely split directly in half. One half was caught up in the smirk. It was gorgeous to look at and it sent my insides on fire. It was the flawless combination of devilish and confidence. The other half of me was disturbed by it; it was like he won and he knew it. It made me want to do the exact opposite of what he asked. I totally understood how people could love and hate something at the same time. I went over to Kendrick who was talking casually with CL; he smiled so huge at me so I knew he had forgotten about earlier.

“Kendrick”

                He looked at me.

“Can we leave?”

                T.O.P jerked his head in our direction before walking over to us.

“Why? This is incredible! Why on earth should we leave?”

“I’m feeling tired?” I lied weakly. “So…can we?”

You can go. I’m staying right here” he laughed at me as if I had said that purple cows were falling from the sky. He rudely turned back to CL and continued talking. I thanked and hugged CL before grabbing my things. I think I made it maybe two rooms away before T.O.P was behind me.

“I told you to make him leave…not you” he stated tense.

“I wouldn’t ask him to leave without leaving myself. We came together, so we should leave together-”

 “Did he know that? Cause right now it’s just you leaving” he smiled.

                I bit my lip. He had me by my imaginary balls again. Why did he have to always be right when it came to me? Kendrick should’ve left with me. I did him the favor of coming with me, and it’s because of me he got a chance to meet CL. Why did I always have to be so concerned with people who were so mean to me? He was right I am strange.

“Thank you again” I said warmly. “This was awesome.”

“I don’t know if it did any good, but you're welcome” his tone was flat.

I smiled. “You're so mean.”

“You still like me though” his tone lifted slightly.

I sighed in acceptance. “Yeah…I guess I do.”

“Get some sleep, you look awful” He added pushing the elevator button. “Can I ask you something?”

I nodded and laughed.

 “Which one of my songs is your favorite?”

“That’s easy…Of All Days” I smiled. “Wait, are we including your collaborations? Because then there’s Bbeokigayo and Baby Goodnight…and you can’t forget about Turn It Up? And your performance of As If Nothing’s Wrong get’s me every single time.”

                He smiled slightly watching me trying to make a decision.

“No…Of All Days takes the number one spot.”

                The elevator doors finally opened and I pressed the DOOR CLOSE button allowing the doors to bump into him before realizing he was trying to step in with me.

Joesonghabnida!!!

“Are you trying to kill me?!”

“No” I yelled at the thought of him dying. “I didn’t know you were coming with me.”

“How else are you getting back?”

I looked at him like he had six heads. “I would walk, just like I walked here.”

“You didn’t come here alone, and if that scumbag was a gentleman you wouldn’t be going without him.”

                We stepped out of the elevator and in no time at all we were back in the lobby. The receptionist smiled to me again and I waved going through the doors with T.O.P following.

“You really don’t have to-”

“Hurry up, and whatever you do…don’t say my name” he hushed towards me glancing over his shoulder.

               We walked slowly down the street with him keeping silent for most of the way except to ask me random questions.

“What’s your favorite BIGBANG song?”

“What’s your favorite star in the sky?” I answered cleverly. “I can’t pick just one.”

“Okay…what hair color do you like the best on me?”

“Chocolate brown. Why?”

“Just wondering…I’m thinking about changing it again” he said ruffling his hands through it.

“I think I can handle anything but two things.”

“ Two things?”

“Please don’t go bald. GD’s length was really short, but I don’t think any of you have the face to go completely bald.”

“What’s the other?”

“No more Johnny Bravo”

“Johnny Bravo?” His English totally stuttered with that name.

“Yea. Really high, bright marigold. It doesn’t suit you at all” I emphasized.

“Can’t I experiment?” He challenged.

“Do we have to look at it?” I retorted.

                At my blunt honesty I saw the first humane smile up close and personal. It was even better than the smirk; it seemed genuine.

“You would like me if I grew a green mustache and wings.” His confidence seeped through each word.

“Why do you care if I like you?”

“I don’t” he said monotone.

“Do too?” I sneered.

“Who says?” he asked walking faster.

“Taeyang” I grinned.

                He stopped immediately. He stared intently on the grin getting wider across my face as I was able to look him the face without feeling completely out of control. I had finally gained the upper hand and we both knew it.

“He lied” he said flawlessly.

“I don’t think he did…the truth flashed across your face before you could stop it.” Now I see why he liked to smirk, it was fun. “You were watching me at the club!”

He glared.

“I’m right aren’t I?!”

“You're foolish…let’s go” he said forcefully.

                I practically skipped the rest of the way to the hotel. T.O.P didn’t hate me, he liked having me around and he watched me at the club. Everything that Taeyang had said was true. I wasn’t stupid to think that T.O.P liked me, but he liked having me around which was enough for me. It was easy to see how girls in dramas like Oh Han Ni from Playful Kiss was able to remain positive as Baek Seung Jo rebuffed her repeatedly. It was moments like this that made it worth it, those slight smiles or laughs and those moments like the walk home I was experiencing now were enough to give me hope. I knew I wasn’t going to marry him, but maybe I had found a loophole to his arrogant side.

“Thank you”

“You already said that” he growled.

“I know, but this is for being my bias” I smiled to myself.

“I thought you were going to get a new one” he relaxed his tone.    

 “I don’t think I’ll need too.”

                He slowed his pace down a smidge allowing me to get back to the hotel in plenty of time. We walked into the lobby to find other V.I.P’s hanging out.

“Please don’t cause a scene. I don’t wanna die” I hissed.

“Die?”

                I gestured to the V.I.P’s hanging out in the lobby, we’d be surrounded and I’d be crucified for sure. It was amazing I had survived the photo-shoot with the circumstances. I knew I would never see home again if they found out I had just spent more time with T.O.P receiving special treatment. I bowed to him and ran for the nearest elevator. I saw him duck out quietly and leave before the elevator doors closed on me.  I rode up rocking slightly on my heels humming at myself. It took me forever to realize that I was in a good mood. I hadn’t been this happy in a long time. Excited, jovial? Absolutely. But now I was contently happy, it didn’t go away as quickly when the situation was over. It stayed with me longer. I entered the suite to find Madison spinning in a mini dress in front of Rachel getting her approval. When she saw me instead of the usual glare that I had been accustomed to seeing she smiled at me genuinely.

“Devon!” she smiled; this was obviously the happiest I’ve seen her.

“What?” I asked cautious as she ran over to me.

She grabbed my hands and spun me around in a circle. “Kendrick wants to have dinner!”

“That’s nice” I said shaking my hands free from her plopping myself down on the couch.

“I have no idea what you did but-”

“What do you mean what I did?”

“You must’ve said or done something to upset him. He wants nothing to do with you. He told me himself.”

                She was dancing and twirling about the room. I stretched out my feet across the length of the couch and finding  a pillow to prop myself upon.

“Shoes” she snapped her fingers at Rachel who hurried off to get them.

                Madison was re-applying lip gloss when the door knocked.

“Rachel!” Madison yelled as Rachel looked on dumbly. “Door, get the door!”

                Rachel ran to the door to find Egan looking at her excited.

“Guess what?!” Egan bellowed cutting off Rachel and walking in before she had time to think. “We’re going to a party!!! A party for 2NE1!!! Somehow Ken met CL and she invited all of us!!!” His voice was singing like a small choir boy. I smiled to myself hearing him this excited.

“You hear that Devon? We’re going to party for 2NE1” Madison bragged.

“A party with 2NE1 that I’m not invited too?” I mocked shocked. “Whatever shall I do?”

“Oh You’re invited” Egan said allowing his voice to come back down. “Ken said not to leave without you”

                Both of our heads jerked. I could feel Madison intently starring at me trying to make me disappear.

“I’m gonna have to pass; I’m really tired and it’s been a long day for me” I smiled even bigger.

“Are you sure? It’s 2NE1-”

“She’s positive!” Madison screamed so fierce Egan etched his foot closer to the door.   

“Yea I’m positive” I laughed which seemed to ease the situation.

“Well are you ready to leave?”

                Madison stomped pass us in triumph slightly reminding me of how a winning horse trots to the winner’s circle. I waved goodbye to Rachel and Egan as they followed. Not even twenty minutes later I had to open the door again because of the loud incessant knocking.

“Get dressed” Kendrick commanded forcing his way past me to sit on the couch where I had been comfortably laying.

“Excuse you! You can leave” I said spreading the door open further giving him a clear signal that he wasn’t welcome.

“Go get dressed” he insisted coldly.

“No! I’m tired and I just want to sleep”

“You have to come with me-”

“Why?!” I snapped.

“This is a chance to meet the rest of 2NE1, and you mean to tell me you're just gonna go to sleep?”

                I gave him a look that said “Yes, now get the heck out!” He got the message and stood up.

“T.O.P wanted me to get you to come. He said I couldn’t go if you didn’t” his eyes sank as he spoke.

“What happened to you being best friends with CL?” I trace of a smile danced around my face.

“I left the studio and then five minutes later T.O.P is threatening me before I get into the elevator.”

“So you just need me as a backstage pass, right?”

                Kendrick nodded insensitively at the realization.               T.O.P was amazing for giving me the upper hand in this situation. I knew what he was thinking and in a way it was strangely sweet. He expected me to still be upset about the fact that Kendrick had stayed behind after I left. T.O.P was giving me the chance for revenge and this in itself was the sweet idea. I had to admit, the idea of Kendrick, Madison and now Rachel too, being stuck outside in their fancy clothes rejected from going into a party with 2NE1 seemed like a glorious idea until I remembered Egan. He was so happy to find out that he was getting a chance to meet them at a side event. His bright smiles in my head gave me the strength to shut the door and go to my closet to find something to wear. I put on a pair of black pants and a simple black v-neck t-shirt, something that made me look classic but totally not trying to grab anyone’s attention. My hair was still straight from earlier so I brushed through it a couple of times allowing it to sway across my shoulders. I redid the make-up I was wearing and found the shoes I had worn at the club before. Kendrick watched me silently and I ignored him the entire time. I think he knew that one wrong word would be enough to change my mind. I was upset with him, but I was more upset with myself. I hated being used, but I hated agreeing to it. Why did I have to be so stubborn towards T.O.P? He was trying to do me a favor? Why couldn’t I this once get revenge on someone, instead of always being so nice? When I was ready I walked to the door and glowered at him signaling that it was time to go. He arose from the couch and picked up the pace once we got out of the room indicating the elevator to hurry up. In the elevator I huffed and grumbled to myself before word vomiting.

“Just for the record, I’m not doing this for you okay? The only person I don’t want to see get screwed over in this is Egan.” I was pissed. “I mean it’s not his fault he’s in love with public enemy number one’s sidekick and his best friend is an arrogant, egotistical, and pompous, jerk who ditches people to  hang out with celebrities and then uses them again to get into a party” I laughed coldly.

                He let me vent, probably picking up on the hints that it was better to let me get it out then embarrass us all at the party. The doors opened up on another floor allowing a few people on board. It did it again two floors down, and then again on the next floor. Before we knew it the elevator was becoming crowded with people and I was forced to be squished into Kendrick. I looked up at him and at the same time he glanced back at me and he smiled. That did it…I stomped on his foot watching the grimace spread across his face as the pain struck his foot. I felt better, this was better than an apology. When the elevator doors finally opened up he was limping behind me as I went to stand next to Egan as Madison looked on with an open mouth.

“What’s going on?” she whimpered to Kendrick.

“Nothing, let’s go.”

                Somehow we all fit into one taxi. I sat in the middle of the seat as Madison and Rachel sat on Kendrick and Egan’s laps. I folded my arms and played with the little T.O.P Iris charm that dangled from my phone. I could feel myself pouting, I didn’t want to go. I know I sounded dumb, but all I wanted to do was go to sleep and relax. Every time something like this happened I felt like I was pushing my luck. I had already won an amazing trip. I was already hanging out with two idols, BIGBANG and now CL. I was pretty sure that my luck had run out and that I was supposed to die any second from happiness. This club was closer than we thought, thank God because we had to endure Kendrick and Madison’s intense make-out sessions for the car ride. As soon as the car pulled to a stop I was the first to get out and walk up to the doors of the club. Just like in the movies there was a smaller man with the list but his enforcer wasn’t too far behind.

Annyeong”I bowed to the both of them. “Do you speak English?”

Anneyo” the shortest man answered bowing.

I took in a deep breath. “Devon Ashford imnida” I said pointing to myself.  “List” I said pointing to his clipboard.

                He seemed to get the message and I wrote my name down on his clipboard. He repeated my name and  I nodded and smiled fiercely saying “yes” in Korean. I took out my I.V.I.P card and pointed to YG Family. He smiled brightly at me and let all of us in.  We walked in and this club was larger than the first one. There was a huge bar in the center of the room and a lot more tables with people dancing on them. There were couches lined up against the perimeter of the room. I looked up at the ceiling and there was another level where people could go that I assumed was the V.I.P section. As soon as I had got them in everyone dispersed while I went to the bar to get something to drink. I danced my way through to the middle until I reached the counter. The barman smiled and bowed to me as I did the same. He had to be only about twenty-two or so. He was dressed like me all in black with a loose fitted shirt that elongated itself across his chest. He had lanky muscles and medium length ginger hair. It sort of reminded me of Taemin but the cut was a little edgier. He had a tiny gage in one of his ears with a small tattoo of something in Korean on his forearm that was slightly hidden by his shirt.  

“What can I get you?”

                His English was politely adorable, it made me giggle.

“Soju please”

“Flavor?”

                I looked at him like I hadn’t been expecting to hear that there was more than one flavor.             He smiled before grabbing a bottle.

“Try this one” he said pouring it flamboyantly in front of me adding a splash of lemon before pushing it towards me with a grin.

I stared at the drink allowing the anticipation of my first drink in Seoul to brew even more. The barman watched me as I watched the tiny bubbles on the top of the liquid.

“Something is wrong?” He said after a while.

“No” I shook my head. “Just curious.”

“About?”

“The taste” I answered.

“Usually I’m right about people. This drink seems like you” he smiled cleaning another glass. “You're here alone?”

“No” I said looking around to prove me right. I didn’t see anyone they were lost in a sea of people while I was stuck at an alcohol island talking. “I guess I am here alone.”

                He nodded leaving to take a few orders leaving me with my almost flat soju. I raised the glass and brought it to my lips allowing the cool liquor to splash my tongue with a new flavor. It was pineapple flavored but a little sweeter than pineapple, and it had a tang twist to it from the lemon. It was good, like really good and I finished it before I realized it. He came back and laughed at the empty glass.

“How did you know?”

“Did you like it?” he said clearing the glass before leaning on the countertop.

“Yes, it was very good” I smiled. “Sweet but with a hint of-”

“What is this?”

                The familiar voice crept up behind me startling me as the barman’s easy going position straightened to a more serious one. I didn’t have to turn around, I already knew that it had to be T.O.P standing behind me glaring. I kind of smiled o myself at his revelation, he was becoming predictable. He was standing next to me giving me that T.O.P stare that I loved so much. He was wearing pristine black suit with a white button up underneath and tie. It was very similar to BB’s Love Song music video concept.

“I don’t understand-”

“First of all, what are you doing here?”

“I came because-”

“She wanted to try the best Soju in Seoul” the barman spoke cutting me off.

“Soju?”

                Top started in English but he flipped to Korean so quickly it made my head spin. He growled something to the barman who laughed. The only thing I understood between the two men was that T.O.P was upset and that the barman was making the situation worse. I could tell from the tone of the barman’s voice that he was clever and the looks of sudden outrage on T.O.P’s face confirmed  it.

“How old are you?” T.O.P snapped at me.

“Nineteen.” T.O.P nodded in agreement, his face looked satisfied.

“What month is your birthday?” This time it was the barman who politely asked me this question.

“January”

“See, perfectly legal. RE-LAX man!” His English emphasized it more than necessary but it was totally adorable.

“Even so” T.O.P grumbled. “Do what I say!”

 The barman lightly touched the delicious bottle of soju he had once poured making it mouth-wateringly tempting.  He started to pour me something else and he pushed the new drink to me as T.O.P watched the dance floor. I brought the new beverage up to my lips ready to experience a new taste; my taste buds we’re highly disappointed when they recognized water.

“Water?!” I yelled.

“A drink more suitable”

“I’m 19 oppa!” He was laughing while staring out in to the dance floor.

I made a face at him and continued to drink the water. The barman looked at my disappointed face and ducked his so he could see me better.

“Cheer up, I’m sure you're prettier when you smile” he said winking at me before walking away to help another customer.

                I felt giddy. T.O.P looked from him back to me and then back to him. The barman was totally flirting with me and I wanted to stay so he could come back. T.O.P grabbed me by the arm and dragged me away from the bar counter. The barman laughed as he saw my stunned face being carried away by T.O.P.

“Even when I’m here, someone else is always talking to you” he grumbled to himself.