Do Like Michael Jackson & Leave Me Alone / Maybe He's Right?

Once In A Lifetime

                My head was resting softly against the cool window with my eyes shut. I was inched as far as possible away from T.O.P in the seat, not wanting to get close to him at all. I was barely half asleep when I felt an arm hug my farthest shoulder and pull me into a waiting embrace. The hold was forcing me into a familiar hold and before I could stop myself I was snuggling closer. The hand around my shoulder began my arm before resting a head on top of mine. My eyes sprang open realizing how I had already betrayed my silent promise not to choose anyone. I was pushing him away immediately, but he was struggling to keep me there.

“Will you let me go?” I hissed to him; everyone in the van was pretty much asleep.

“No” he said just as quiet bringing another arm around to hold me closer. “I don’t want too.”

“Yes…”I began slowly. “But you have too.”

                I reached around and untangled myself from his grasp and he let me go with little resistance. He sighed heavily before leaning into me resting his head upon my lap. I looked at him not at all sure what to do, so I turned my head back to face the window. I heard him shift his weight in the seat before his head came resting on my lap. He began squeezing my legs as if they were pillows so he could become more comfortable. I just looked at him with annoyance before beginning to cross my arms above his head but he caught one and brought it around to his face. I didn’t look at him but I surrendered my arm silently cursing myself. After another hour or so of driving I felt myself drifting back to sleep.

“Awwwwww!” I drowsily heard someone squeal. “They’re so adorable”

“Wake up Dev!” Kendrick said excitedly. “We’re here!”

                I felt my face scrunch up and yawn before my eyes opened up. T.O.P was still sleeping on my lap and I began shaking him awake gently.

“Seung Hyun-ssi” I called.

                He stirred a little but no major progress.

“Come on”  I groaned bouncing my knees up and down.

                His hands grabbed them trying to force me to stop. He turned over to look at me.

I rolled my eyes refusing to fan-girl; but he was just so good looking! “We’re here! We need to leave the van.”

I looked at him expecting him to move but he still laid there watching me.

“We’re going to be late” I groaned again.

“Kiss me”  he smiled. “And I’ll gladly move.”

I scoffed at him. “You can stay here forever” I said grabbing my bag before pushing him out of my lap.

                I quickly climbed over another seat making a dash for the van doors. I made it out, but it felt like he was right on my heels so my eyes quickly searched for Seungri. I saw him standing with the other members of BIGBANG and decided to bury myself in between Aaliya and Anna. I linked arms with them immediately and smiled at their confusion as we walked into a studio building. Sim Sunbae guided us to a hair and make-up station for consultation with our stylists, so we were separated. A short Korean man smiled and bowed to me and I did the same before he took out a small notepad beginning to jot things down. He tugged at the loose strands of my hair before taking my measurements. He then guided me to a station where a stylist easily snipped the elastic holding my hair together, allowing it to spray across my shoulders. I looked to my left and right and saw that I had been placed in the middle of Raizo and Kendrick. They smiled to me excitedly as three stylists magically worked on our hair.

“This is too cool” Raizo said raking his hands over half of his head.

                The stylist was giving him these thick dark cornrow braids that stopped at his mid-back. He was grinning from ear to ear at the edgier style. He sort of reminded me of a younger Taeyang, except his braids were longer. I was surprised to see Kendrick’s style being cut shorter; his sandy blonde color becoming more of a darker brunette. I looked to the mirror surprised to see my hair not as pin-straight as usual. Instead, my stylist was focused on giving me these rather large barrel curls that bounced easily around my shoulders. The curls framed around my face, swishing and swaying effortlessly. A bright yellow headband with a small bow was scraping across my hair, pulling back the strands. There was a little height in the peak, and without my bangs my eyes seemed bigger even with out the make-up that I was sure was to come. After a cloud of hairspray my stylist led me to a clothing rack where he found a white button down top and a bright yellow skirt to put me in. The blouse had these small delicate pearl buttons that folded down the center; the sleeves were short but puffed out at the top. The yellow skirt flared out a little more than a pencil skirt but it still had form. I was given a pair of chestnut colored tights and a yellow pair of flats and instructed to change. As soon as the clothes were on I stepped out of the changing area to see myself in the small mirror. I looked really adorable; it was the classic innocent Korean girl get up KPop used for music videos. Seeing myself in this outfit made me wonder what kind of set we were going to be on. After the stylist looked me over he led me to a make-up area where he smiled, bowed and walked out of sight. A new person had taken over and was now putting on a thin layer of moisturizers before foundation.

“Nervous?”

I looked to see G-Dragon sitting next to me.  I nodded silently flustered and he smiled.

“Don’t be…you all will do great” he reassured me settling in his seat so he could get his make-up done.

                I heaved out a great sigh and relaxed as the make-up was applied to my face.

“Open your eyes miss” the make-up artist instructed.

                She was holding a tube of mascara already ready to apply a few coats. She gave me a thin line of liquid eyeliner just to make my eyes pop. My eyes seemed huge! And my eyelashes so long! It looked like my face but it didn’t at the same time. It looked too good to be me.

“You're all set!” The lady smiled at me before directing me where to stand.

                A small group was already forming.  I looked at Anna and Aaliya, they were wearing the exact same get up as me except in different colors. Anna was in a bright baby blue while Aaliya was in a pale pink. Aaliya’s hair was longer than I had ever seen; a straight black curtain of hair that stopped at the middle of her back. Anna’s hair was a crimson ponytail that swished elegantly behind her. We all looked innocent, friendly and approachable; unlike Raizo and Kendrick. Their fashion was unpredictable and funky; they looked the exact opposite of us. Their fashion wasn’t quite ‘thug’ but it had a darker edge to it.

“Alright guys, huddle up!” Laurieann said swishing her hair to one side. “There’s been a change in plans.”

                We all tensed up and she smiled comfortingly.

“Relax…it’s just the concept of the video has changed. The steps and music are still the same. Follow me.”

                All six of us stepped up onto the set and I smiled at the get-up. It reminded of GD & TOP’s Don’t Go Home music video with a mix of ZE:A’s Here I Am video with a twist of SHINee’s Hello set. Very bright and colorful buildings were plastered around the room forming streets and pathways. BIGBANG was plastered throughout the set and Laurieann was instructing us to go to our partners. I looked to Seungri who was reviewing the dance steps in a corner near a really expensive car. Unfortunately for me, sitting on a stoop not to far away was T.O.P. He looked at me expecting an answer, and I inhaled a quick breath before walking by him. I heard him breathe out heavily as I stepped towards Seungri.

“Devon…” Seungri began. “I’m not sure what’s going on with you two…but I know that when the music starts, I need you to forget it. Because I know he will.”

I nodded accepting the challenge. “I’m fine Oppa…I can do this!”

“I know” he smiled wrapping his arms around me giving me a hug. “Just relax and have fun, you’ll do great!”

                He let me go and I jogged in place a little stretching my legs and arms getting into place. Laurieann was jogging to meet us.

“Okay, so basically the storyline is he’s the bad boy and you’re playing hard to get but you still like him. And because there are only three girls, you're going to have to partner up with Raizo on some parts. So your scenario is that you have to choose between two guys!”

                I looked at her a long time with a serious face before I busted out into laughter at the irony.

“What’s so funny?” Seungri asked curiously.

“My life in Seoul” I grinned back at him as the director yelled places.

                The music started and we began dancing in our corner. Seungri and I got to use the car as a prop, so at the beginning of the song he grabbed my waist and I smiled easily while he led me to open the door of the car. He opened it and grinned before slamming it in my face walking around to the other side. I acted just as shocked as he leaned across the inside of the car to unlock the door.

Niga saranghaneun naneun sorry I’m a bad boy…”

                I looked at him forgivingly sitting in the passenger seat. The director yelled cut and Seungri leaned to me.

“You know that I could never be that mean to a..a..girl! Right?”

“Of course not Oppa” I laughed. “You're fans know you’re wonderful!”

He began blushing and he was about to say something when my car door was yanked open and T.O.P was bending low to look at me.  I folded my arms and sat back against the seat.

“Seungri…let me talk to her for a minute?”

“Please oppa! Stay!” I pleaded tugging on Seungri’s arm.

He smiled and shook his head. “No I guess I should see if I need to shoot other scenes with Aaliya or Anna.” I was begging him to stay with my eyes; he smiled even bigger. “He’ll barely get a minute, they’ll be calling either one of you to shoot the next scene.”

Seungri got out of the car easily and pounded fists with T.O.P before he got in the car.

“Devon” he said my name grave. “Will you please just talk to me?”

I sighed heavily. “What would you like me to say?”

“You could start by telling me what happened after our date” he began.

“It doesn’t matter, whatever I say won’t change my mind.”

“I thought you had already chosen me” he said solemnly. “What changed in the last twenty four hours?”

“Devon, they need you on this part of the set!” Laurieann called to me.

                I looked to T.O.P who was silently begging me to stay with him in the car, but I got out quietly going to a different spot. Laurieann counted us in and Seungri and I began dancing the freestyle part. It was taking a fairly long time to shoot our scenes because the director kept yelling cut. In each and every break I began looking around the set for signs off T.O.P…but he was no where to be seen.

~~~~

“Yebosseo?”

“Hyun Joong”a familiar and deep voice said curtly. I could feel the scowl forming on my face. “Can we talk?”

“No…I’d rather not. I’m actually busy at the moment”I smiled lazily.

                I looked around my empty house, lazily flipping through the television stations on my flat screen. Today was an unusual day; I had it off. Completely free to do anything; today I had all of the time in the world.

I need you to tell me what happened between you and Devon-”

If she didn’t tell you, why should I?” I breathed heavily into the phone. “What happens between Devon and I-”

Is my business, considering that I’m her boyfriend” he defended and at that I began laughing.

Did you not hear her this morning? She couldn’t choose between us!”

“You're wrong, she’s chosen me.”

                I heard myself stop breathing for a second.  I wasn’t sure what to think. Was I scared at first that Devon really had broken her promise to me? Absolutely! Any one could see that she was head over heels for the guy. But then I began thinking about our time together…the way she would look at me or how whenever I entered the room her eyes would become bright with excitement. Or how she kissed me, like her heart poured out for me. She was so upset this morning; there was no way she would have chosen him so soon. He was bluffing.  

I may be wrong Seung Hyun, but you’re the idiot!”

“Idiot?!”

Yes! You don’t even realize how selfish you’re being!” I yelled. “Are you even thinking about how rough it is for her?!”

“Rough?”He scoffed. “This is every girl’s dream to have this problem.”

“Well for her it’s a nightmare. She’s doing the hardest thing for her not to choose any of us…and I know you’re not making it easier for her by bugging her every three seconds!”

“Not every three seconds” he grumbled. “I don’t know what other way to fight for her…and I’m not just going to let her go. I like her too much.”

I like her too…which is why I’m backing off” I sighed rubbing the bridge in my nose. “Give her some space Seung Hyun.”

 “If you really liked her, you’d fight for her too.”

                He hung up the phone and I took in a deep breath. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t annoyed. Something about his personality just get’s under my skin, but I kept thinking. What if he’s right?

 

 

~~~~

okay so...this chap. might've been a little short but i had to post something.

i'm still writting as we speak, so expect more soon.

much love...pce