Once In A Lifetime

Once In A Lifetime

“Did you enjoy yourself Paije?” Seung Gi leaned into me to ask me.

“Yes I did, thank you” I beamed back at him.

                He was smiling an eye crinkling smile as we watched the people below us leave. We were sitting in a private box just the two of us talking before an usher came to get us. Seung Gi extended for my arm and I took it easily as we were led to the elevators.

“I never would’ve guessed Hyun Joong to be the opera type” I said waiting in the wings of the elevator.

Seung Gi stepped away from me shoving one hand into his pocket. “He’s not; this was my idea.”

“You're idea?”

“Of course! His plan was just to show up, but once I told him how romantic the theatre can be-”

“Romantic?” I smiled.

“They aren’t the only ones on a date” he smirked wickedly making my heart constrict. “I wanted this to be special for you too.”

                The elevator doors opened wide and he allowed me to step in first. The usher pressed the lobby button and we began our descent.

“So I have a favor to ask of you” Seung Gi began.

“Sure what is it?”

“As you know, later this year I’ll be leaving for my enlistment…and I was hoping that, you’d write to me? When you have time?”

                It was so cute to watch him. He was bashful about asking me to write him and I swear seeing him anxiously waiting for my answer made the moment even sweeter.

“Of course I’ll write you” I smiled easily trying not to tear up. “Everyday if you want me too.”

                He smiled and we stepped through the sliding doors revealing the lobby. We walked to a panel of windows and sat down watching the different people come out of various theatres. He saw me shivering from the coolness of the air and draped his tuxedo jacket around my shoulders.

“So when do you go back?” I asked as he sat down next to me.

“In a few days; Hyun Joong and I have some business here in New York.”

“How did you find us?”

“It wasn’t that hard” he shrugged his shoulders easily. “The hardest part was getting Hyun Joong to come. He can be so stubborn-”

“He didn’t want to come out here?”

“I practically had to drag him on the plane kicking and screaming” Seung Gi laughed shaking his head. “I told you Paije, I really wanted to see you. And Hyun Joong was just being unreasonable; moping about but not wanting to set aside his pride and call.”

“Yeah, Devon was exactly the same way. She’s been avoiding anything related to you guys; she took it pretty hard.”

“Yeah well it looks like things are going to work out” he said jerking his head towards another door.

                Hyun Joong and Devon were smiling and holding hands walking towards us. I turned back to Seung Gi and grinned.

“Yeah, seems like it” I said nudging him.

~~~~

                Hyun Joong and I were sharing one of the two cars while Seung Gi and Paije were in the other. The cars were leaving the city taking Paije and I back home and I became a little anxious when I saw the car carrying Paije veer off and pass us. Even though the windows were slightly tinted I could still see Paije’s grin as she excitedly waved before the car disappeared ahead of us.

“Where are they going?” I said practically pressing my face to the glass window trying to see them.

Hyun Joong chuckled tugging on my arm bringing me closer to him. He cupped my face before sweeping the fallen pieces of my hair to the side.

“Don’t you have other things you could be worrying about instead of where they are going?”

“Did I shut off the oven?” I mocked as he ducked his head and smiled.

“That’s not what I meant” he chuckled before turning me around so I could lay into his chest.

                I could not believe what was actually happening! Like I was really here! Hyun Joong was right beside me! Like I wasn’t dreaming! This was actually my life. Before I could control my body I was smiling goofily and my hands were about to start their small circles.

“You're not used to me yet Dev?” Hyun Joong laughed. “What am I going to do with you?”

“I don’t know” I squealed before laughing. “Everything just feels so…”

“Perfect?”

I shook my head. “No, new.”

“New is good?” He asked puzzled until I nodded my head.

                The car had stopped in front of my house and Hyun Joong was out of the car and opening my door. His hand wrapped around mine easily.    

 “Do you want to come in?” I asked him as we walked to the front door. “You could meet my parents!”

“Maybe another time Devon” he answered. “It’s kind of late.”

I nodded with a pout; I totally wasn’t ready to say goodbye.

“So what now?” I asked.

“We don’t have to talk about that now” he answered stepping closer to me. “We have a while.”

                I smiled as he lowered himself to me to press his lips against mine. The familiar chills and sensations my body had become accustomed too, dissipated.  I felt like mush, like fluffy mush that felt plush and gooey. And this moment where I felt like this, the new feeling of excitement? Felt like it wouldn’t come around again but once in a lifetime.

 

 

okay...so, 

if you liked the way the story ended stop reading now...

if you liked the fact that hyun joong and devon are together....stop reading now

no this is not an alternate ending, but i am debating whether or not to do a possible sequel...

         but if you totally still like all of BIGBANG and Paije and stuff by all means continue to read lol