Just Do Like One Of Your Songs And Act Like Nothing Happened

Once In A Lifetime

“Are you okay?” He asked opening the door for me.

                I sighed heavily stepping through not at all sure what to say. He pushed the elevator button and we stepped in.

“We can talk about it if you want-”

“I’ll be fine. It’s just a misunderstanding…that’s all” I said noticing that he had pushed the button marked 5. “Where are you-”

“I figured you would want to avoid him so I was going to let you come with me to the studio, but you can leave if you want” he said pushing the lobby marked button.

My eyes popped open at his offer. The ride began ascending to the lobby and the doors slid open smoothly. I quickly shuffled to the panel and began jabbing the DOOR CLOSE button quickly. I heard him stifle a laugh and I grinned at him.

“What happened to no special treatment?” He smirked.

Right on cue my lung collapsed. “I was really upset with myself for giving back those backstage passes-”

“I still don’t get why you did, you clearly wanted to go!”

“OF COURSE I WANTED TO GO!!!” I squeaked. “IT WAS BACKSTAGE WITH YOU AND BIGBANG!!!!”

He shook his head and smiled. “Why did you?”

My smile faded remembering the reason. “I was scared.”

The doors opened up and he stepped through first. “Scared of what?”

“Scared that I might get attacked again…I didn’t want another excuse to-”

“Which is exactly why I wanted you backstage” he said seriously. “I was worried about you in the audience.”

He walked ahead of me and I followed along easily. My head was wrapping around the fact that he was worried about me. So I said it.

“You were worried?” I tried my hardest to try and not sound flattered, but even Helen Keller could hear that I was ecstatic.

He stopped and turned around. “I wasn’t sure if you were going to either get into another fight or die from too much excitement.”

“I came pretty close!” I said happily. “I could feel the blood flowing in opposite directions to swell my head. It was glorious!”

He laughed stopping at a different studio opening the door. “Can I ask you something?”

I nodded sitting on the couch putting the rest of my stuff on the floor. I took out my phone and began texting Paije telling her where I was. 

“What is it that makes me your bias?” He said sitting in the mafia looking leather chair.

                He turned around and began swiveling the chair as he playfully stared me down.

 “What makes you think you're still my bias-”

                He motioned at my phone where my IRIS T.O.P charm dangled freely and noticiably. I closed my eyes unable to come up with anything to say.

“So…what is it that you like about me?” He smirked clearly winning the first round of the argument.

I took in a deep breath, scrunching up my face.

“Is it my looks?” He cocked an eyebrow. “My charm? My swag?”

                With each word he did a new pose allowing me to notice his different angles. I was getting the familiar chills and I had to look away to silently squeal before getting it together. I grabbed my face in embarrassment, before laughing at my answer.

“You're a dork.”

He did a double take looking at me. “A..a dork?”

“You know…a derp, fool, dope, nitwit, numskull, scatterbrain, twit…you know…a dork!” I laughed.

                I really hoped he wouldn’t get upset. But with the previous sentence, where  I had just insulted my ultimate bias how could he not.

“You…think I’m a dork?” His eyes were huge in surprise.

“It’s okay…that’s why I like you” I smiled but that didn’t do it.

                He began complaining in Korean and it made me laugh even more, especially when he would become curious but then turn his tone into a more factual one. He was probably listing off the ways he thought he was cool.

“What is it about me that makes me…a..derp-uh?”

                His pronunciation of the word derp was adorable.

“Maybe that wasn’t the best way to explain why I like you.” I thought about how I could make him understand. “You are a wonderful contradiction!”

“Contra-diction?”

I nodded. “You're so confident and talented, but I always thought of you as somehow modest. You seem harsh and serious, but you really are the funny one. You have a great sense of humor. And you seem old-fashioned; like your morals and beliefs.”

He stayed quiet for a minute. “Yes but what makes me a dork” He whined.

 I laughed. “You are a good looking man with rapping skills that melt my heart while at the same time you dance like you're  legs are being broken repeatedly while on fire! You surprise me all of the time! You're hair is forever changing  with colors resembling M&M or Skittles and I’m really scared about your next choice! You're the only man who could make me swoon if you wore Big Birds Yellow feathered costume and did a silly dance on stage. No matter what foolish or ridiculous thing you do, I will defend you because as long as your happy I’m ecstatic!  You're the only person who I would gladly push around in a shopping cart, or sit with you in a giant coffee cup!” I laughed harder. “I don’t know why I love you but I do!

                As soon as the words were out my hands grasped shut my mouth. He looked at me carefully and I swear I could feel my eyes watering up in fear. I had clearly admitted my feelings for him and even though I hoped that I had been talking to fast for him to catch anything…I knew he clearly understood that last part. He said nothing, and I prayed that this silence would continue to last. Teddy walked into the studio saving me.

“Hey Dev! T.O.P told me you were here; he said you were going to listen to us work!”

“Actually, I have to go back to the hotel!” I said scrambling up to get my stuff.

“Aww…you sure you can’t stay?” Teddy said sadly.

“I’m really tired Teddy-ssi. I’ve been working all day…Seungri told me to get some rest. I don’t want to let him down.”

                T.O.P still said nothing, giving me further incentive to get even further away from this awkwardness.

“See you tomorrow T.O.P-ssi, bye Teddy-ssi” I bowed quickly before  practically running out of the room.

“Okay Dev…see ya around! Ayo you ready?” Teddy said to T.O.P.

                I ran to the elevators and pushed the door open button so many times I lost count.

“Devon!” T.O.P called down the hall.

I froze hearing him call my name, the doors opened and I stepped in pressing the lobby button.

“I DIDN’T MEAN IT!!!” I shouted loud enough so he could hear me.

                As soon as I hit the lobby floor I booked it, running straight for the exit. I made it outside and began running all the way back to the hotel. How could I have been so stupid! Never in a million years did I ever expect to tell him that! That was supposed to remain a secret that I took to my grave. Even though he could probably guess it…he was never supposed to find out. In no time at all I reached the hotel and I slowed down finally able to catch my breath. I walked calmly to the elevator doors and stepped in easily. I pushed the button and the elevator obeyed, lifting me to my floor. When I opened the door to my suite I found Kendrick sitting comfortably on the couch.

“Paije let me in” he said guiltily.

                I didn’t say anything but I dropped my stuff at the door. Paije was right, I was going to have to start telling her the more important stuff as it happened. This was my punishment for keeping her in the dark.

He smirked. “You're still upset.”

                The look on my face screamed “DUH” and I continued not to speak.

“I just want to talk…please?”

                I groaned sitting in the chair across from him.

“I just want to say that I’m really sorry for being a jerk to you” he began. “I shouldn’t have-”

“Attacked my face?”

He smiled. “Yeah…sorry”

“It would be fine, if you had not tried to do it again today” I breathed out. “Like seriously! Do I have the words ‘KISS ME NOW’ tattooed across my face?”

“Yeah…you do” he said quieter. “Every time you speak, I feel myself trying to catch every word. I swear I feel my heart leap every time you smile. Maybe you didn’t want me to kiss you, but I saw my chance and I took it.”

I didn’t say anything for a few minutes, I felt guilty. I could relate.

“Maybe, if you had said something like that I wouldn’t have minded you kissing me” I joked, he perked his head up. “It doesn’t mean that I wanted you too, I probably just wouldn’t have minded so much if you were sweet about it.”

                His head drooped a little.

“I really don’t mean to be mean about it. I’m really flattered actually, and I’m really sorry but honestly? You don’t know me” I smiled. “We’ve only hung out a few times in the past week or so!”

He cracked a smile. “I like what I know. That’s all that matters-”

“How about we start out as friends, and see if something builds on from there?”

He nodded enthusiastic. “Friends with benefits” he raised his eyebrows.

I shook my head no and laughed.  “Just friends…if you still like me after seeing me as a complete idiot-”

“I’ve already seen you as a complete idiot” he laughed.

I threw a pillow at him. “So we’re okay now?”

“For now.”

His tone still seemed a little down and I wasn’t at all sure what to say.

“Just for the record I don’t hate you” I smiled warmly. “I just don’t like you, the way you want me too.”

“You know…I might would settle if you liked me the way you like Kim Hyun Joong” he laughed weakly.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

                What did he know about that? I barely knew how I felt about him, so how could he tell me anything?

“It means, we both can’t compete with T.O.P” he smirked.

My eyes bugged out. “He’s my KPOP bias…that’s all…I’m not in-”

                Kendrick looked at me and I legit stopped talking.

I shook my head. “You're absolutely wrong if you think I’m in love with him! He’s my bias…that’s all.”

“Uh huh…sure he is” Kendrick choked back a laugh.

                I rolled my eyes in defiance. Kendrick was crazy if he thought that I was in love with him. I knew from the start that T.O.P could never be anything more except for my ultimate bias. There was no other possibility…he was in the same category as Kim Hyun Joong! And even if I did allow myself to be in love with him…nothing would change.

“Even though I am not…it wouldn’t matter if I was! I’m just a fan…one fan who got a chance to meet him. That’s all.”

                Just then Paije walked in carrying a few bags in with her. She looked at the two of us sitting in the living room setup before walking over to join us.

“Paije, excellent timing!” Kendrick said readjusting himself on the couch.

I looked at him curiously before he continued.

“We were just discussing Devon’s infatuation with T.O.P” he said smiling. “She’s in denial.”

“I am not!” I protested. “He thinks I’m in love with him!”

Paije laughed. “Aren’t you?”

My mouthed popped open. “Not you too Paije!”

“What? I thought it was obvious” she answered giggling. “Did you guys eat yet? I’m starving!”

“We should order something and stay in” I said to her. “What do you feel like eating?” I asked Kendrick and his eyes blinked in disbelief.

“You want me to stay?” he asked while Paije looked puzzled. “You really meant it about us being friends?”

I looked at him. “I didn’t say it to let you down easy..I really meant it.”

He breathed out heavily before answering his beeping phone.  “Hey man…No I didn’t eat yet…I’m in Devon’s room.”

                I made a motion for him to invite him and he did while I called Aaliya telling her to stop by our room for dinner. In less than fifteen minutes Aaliya, Aania, Raizo and his guest were standing outside our door.

“Hey! Hope you don’t mind, I saw Raizo on my way here and asked him to come along” Aaliya said apologetically.

“It’s totally fine. Hey guys” I smiled to them too as they walked in.

“Hey Devon” Raizo said warmly. “You remember my friend Mikio?”

“Oh!” I said excitedly. “Ni hao Mikio! Ni hao ma?”

“Wo you ele” he said ruffling his head.

“I know I’m hungry too” I said rubbing my belly, completely forgetting how to say that in Mandarin.

                He smiled and walked in smiling.

“Should we call Anna?” Aaliya said suddenly. “It only seems right.”

I smiled at her in agreement. “Does anyone have her number?”

                Everyone shook their heads no.

“We could call the front desk?” Paije offered. “Does anyone know her last name?”

                Again, everyone shook their heads no.

“I’m going to see if I can find her” I said getting up from the floor. “I’ll be back.”

“Wait what are we eating?” Raizo questioned.

“Whatever you guys order?” I said sticking my feet in a pair of flip flops grabbing my key to the suite.

                I began walking down the hallway to the elevators pressing the familiar buttons to get me to the lobby floor. The lobby was practically empty except for a few people who were reading different magazines or chatting to the nearest person. I walked to the front desk and asked the clerk if she could tell me the room number of an Anna from the YG reservation. She gave me the room number and I thanked her returning to the elevators. The doors opened up to reveal the red haired boy who sister was Anna.

“Hey! You're Anna’s brother right?”

“Yeah…Charlie” he nodded stepping out of the elevator.

“Well I’ve been looking for Anna. Everyone is meeting in my room to hang out and eat dinner, and we were wondering if Anna and you want to come.”

“Really?” Charlie smiled. “Anna was under the impression that you guys hated her”

“No..why would we hate her? Why would she think that?”

“She told me how awful she was; that Aaliya had every right to yell at her. She feels horrible about it.”

“Well, from what I can tell no one is mad with her. No one had her number so I went to try and find her.”

“Oh well, I was going out to get food, but if you guys are eating too we should definitely go to your place instead.”

I nodded and we both summoned the elevator again stepping in together.

“I can’t believe she thinks we hate her!” I said shocked.

“Honestly, I hate her for acting like that and she’s my sister!” Charlie laughed as I followed him out of the elevator to their suite.

                He swiped his card and walked in first and I followed silently. Their room was an identical setup of ours and Anna was sitting on the floor flipping through the stations of the television.

“Did you forget something?” She turned around to ask him but she saw my face instead.

“Hi” I smiled.

She looked at me disgustedly. “What are you doing here?”

Every urge in me wanted to say ‘forget you’ and walk out but instead I smiled even more fake and invited her to my suite.

“Why would I go where I’m clearly not wanted?” She grumbled.

“We wanted to call but none of us have your number. We’re ordering food and hanging out in my room just relaxing. We thought that you two should come.”

“Why?” She said with an attitude.

“Because it’s considered rude to not invite someone.”

“I don’t think so…you people clearly don’t want me there so-”

 I’m not going to beg, but if you change your mind I’m on the 7th floor in room 236. It’s going to be fun and you should at least try to make an effort to get to know us.” I made my way towards the door. “By the way…the same people who supposedly don’t like you are still willing to help you out.”

“Hey wait up!” Charlie called after me. “I’m going!”

“What?!” Anna screeched. “What about dinner?!”

“They’re ordering food…and it sounds like fun! So if you're not coming, see you later” he grinned following me out.

“Do you think that was smart? I mean, you're her guest and you completely ditched her” I said while pressing the elevator UP button.

He gave me a look before counting down. “In three…two…one…”

“Wait! I’m coming!” Anna said rushing down the hall.

“Been that way since we were kids” Charlie sniggered. “Act cool, act cool!”

 I ate a laugh as she approached us and the three of us stepped into the elevator.  It was a quiet ride back to my suite and when I opened the doors everyone was sprawled out in different places on the floor watching the television.

“Hey we’ve got two more” I smiled to the crowd.

“Hey Anna!” Raizo waved happily to her.

                She gave a tiny smile before picking a spot on the floor to sit.

“Hey everyone…I’m Charlie!” he said to the group and we all smiled and nodded.

“Dev! You're phone’s been ringing like crazy!” Paije said handing it to me.

“Phone calls?”

“No text messages.”

“Did you guys decide what we’re eating?” I said checking my phone. I looked at the number and recognized it as Teddy.

                                         Ayo Dev…you busy tonight?

                                You should come to YG…the mix is finished.

                                Why are you not answering?!

                                Call me back, when you're done reading my numerous messages.

                                Still no call…what’s wrong with you?!

                                Aish…DEVON!!!

                I began laughing as I dialed his number and called him. He picked it up after four rings.

“Yebosseo?”

“Oh! Teddy-ssi, you're blowing up my phone!?” I giggled at the fact. “Is everything alright?”

Neh! Neh! Everything’s fine…I just wanted to know if you're busy.”

“Uhm…a little. I’m hanging out with the other V.I.P winners and their guests. We’re about to get food-”

“Oh…well do you think you could get away and come meet me in the YG practice room around 7:30?”

I could feel my face becoming confused. “Uh…sure?”

“You don’t have to if you don’t want to-”

“YAH!” I heard a voice cry out loudly over his end of the phone.

“No it’s fine…I’ll be there! 7:30” I smiled into the phone.

Okay!” he laughed clicking the phone dead.

                Paije looked at me confused but I silently told her that I would explain later. We ended up ordering pizza and began watching different variety shows.  We were watching the fourth one when Anna squealed because the promos for Daesung on Healing Camp were previewing. Anna was slowly loosening up to us and she eventually took over the majority of the conversation.

“Sorry for acting so terribly earlier, it’s just that I’m so bad at this! I know that I can’t back down…but I’m not good! And I don’t want to embarrass anyone but, I’m not sure how I can get any better.”

“We said we’d help you” Aaliya said rubbing her back, trying to comfort her. “Devon and I can help you!”

“Definitely! We can meet early tomorrow morning if you want” I promised.

“You guys are so nice for doing this” Anna said warmly.

“Don’t sweat it” Paije said.

“We’re V.I.P’s we have to stick together!” Aaliya said strongly.

                We all looked at her before laughing.

“GD’s right! You should work for YG Friends” Kendrick laughed.

Aaliya smiled brightly. “It’s true! True V.I.P’s need to work together and help each other, in order to help BIGBANG be the best!”

“So does everyone know everyone else’s bias?” Charlie asked changing the subject.

“I think so” Aania peeped up. “I’m pretty sure I can name everyone’s.”

“Are we that predictable?” Kendrick said easily. “Then do the guests then!”

Aania took in a small breath. “Egan’s is Taeyang, Charlie’s is T.O.P, Paije’s is Daesung, Mikio’s is…huh. He doesn’t have one.”

“He only doesn’t have one because you don’t know it” Aaliya pushed her sister playfully.

“No! I really don’t think he has one!” Aania protested. “Right Raizo?”

“Honestly I really don’t know” he laughed. “Ayo Mikio”

Mikio turned his head as if Raizo had pulled out of some deep thought. “Do you have a favorite member of BIGBANG?”

“Mei you, wo xi huan ta men dan wo mei you you xi ai” Mikio said innocently and I busted out in laughter.

“What’s so funny? What’d he say?” Egan asked curiously.

“He says that he likes them but he doesn’t have a favorite” I grinned. “How’d you know that?” I said turning to Aania who made a face to Aaliya.

“He’s too calm at this event, that’s how I know” she giggled in triumph.

                I stood up to get up and I walked into my room to get a sweatshirt and to put on my shoes. It was 7:05 and I figured that I should leave soon to make it to YG in time. Paije opened the door to the room poking her head through before stepping in.

“Is everything alright?”

“Yeah Paije, Teddy just wanted me to meet him at YG for a little bit.”

“Oh…well do you want me to come with you?”

“I’m okay…I’m sure whatever it is it won’t take long. I’ll be back in a half-hour or so, he knows that we have friends over.”

               She nodded leaving the room. I grabbed my cell phone, keys and iPod and left the room promising to return shortly. I took the elevator to the lobby before walking the familiar path to YG. I kept watching the clock and I somehow was getting there sooner than I expected. It was only 7:20 when I reached the lobby of YG and walked to the elevator. After I stepped in the elevator sunk down to the lower level of the building before opening it’s doors to let me out. I walked to the familiar practice room and saw that Teddy hadn’t arrived yet. I sat on the floor and waited for him to show up. Instead, at 7:29 when the door opened, I saw T.O.P staring at me.

 

~~~~~

okay so yea...i'll try and update soon!

just a 'PROMO' kind of thing...you guys should check out my newest story Three Wishes

it is tres mignon lol (aka Cute). theres only like 2 chapters but hopefully tomorrow i can update that one and

Jung Joong ME really really soon <3

hope you guys are enjoying the story...

comment plz...i love feedback

much love...pce!