How's A Girl Supposed to Resist? She's Not

Once In A Lifetime

~Paije~

“What the hell is taking her so long?!” I groaned closing the door as the last guest walked out. “She should’ve been back by now.”

                I walked back to the couch and plopped down on it worrying about what was taking Devon so long. She said she’d be back in thirty minutes and it was going on two hours! Where the hell was she?! I glared at my phone waiting for a text message to light it up but no…nothing! She was more stupid than I ever gave her credit for. What was taking her so long at YG? She couldn’t possibly still be practicing? I groaned again loudly heading to the bedroom. I grabbed a jacket and took my cell phone and keys walking out of the door. I pushed the elevator button and stepped it as it glided me to the lobby floor. I sighed beginning the walk to the YG Building. It was a little cooler than expected and I rubbed my hands together as I twisted and turned down the path. I stopped under a streetlamp trying to recognize my surroundings and I knew that if I could just find the pizza shop I’d be golden. I took out my phone hoping to find a message illuminating the phone but it remained dark and unresponsive. I groaned before trudging my feet in the direction they pointed. I walked up to the building with no clue as to how I was supposed to get in. I reached into my back pockets feeling for my YG card until I remembered that I left it on the nightstand near my wallet. I called Devon praying to God that she would answer.

“Hello?”

My face was probably flashing six different colors at the obvious smile I could hear her wearing through the phone. Didn’t she have any idea how worried I’d been? Somehow a half an hour had turned into two, with no phone call or anything.

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?!” I practically shouted into the receiver. “Are you still at YG?”

“Yeah…Sorry things got…” She trailed off.

“Things got what?!” I snapped clearly upset.

“I can’t explain” she mumbled. “I’m leaving soon okay?”

“Well let me in first. I’m standing outside YG-”

“Oh Paije!” Devon whined. “I’m fine-

“I was worried so I came to make sure you're okay…YOU'RE WELCOME!” I enunciated into the phone.

“Alright…I’ll be up in a second. Bye”

                She clicked the phone dead, and now it was only a matter of her leaving the practice room to come and unlock to door so we either could leave or go hang out with Teddy some more. I was really hoping for the latter; its just that this time I didn’t want to be recording. Listening was totally fine with me. I faced the street as a few cars passed by while I waited for Devon to let me in. I heard the glass doors open and I began rambling.

“It’s about time! What took you so-Ah!”

A man wearing a grey beanie cap with medium short hair opened the door. “Sorry…I just got the message.”

                He tugged on his cap allowing me to fully step into the building.

“I’m so-so sorry” I stuttered. “I thought you were my friend…she was supposed to meet me-”

                I began rambling and every brain cell in my body was telling my mouth to shut up! I was talking way too much but this guy didn’t seem to mind.

“She’s still in the practice rooms” he said walking over to the elevators pressing the down button.

When I followed him over, I was still silent. I nodded staring too long into his deep brown eyes. He looked at me expecting me to say something, but I didn’t fully recognize who he was until he turned his head allowing me to see his profile. My mouth became dry instantly. I couldn’t believe I was in touching distance of someone so talented. I felt my hand reach out to him, but somehow I saved myself from embarrassment and passed it off as scratching my other arm. We stepped in the elevator and he began pressing all of the buttons allowing the elevator to stop at each floor before choosing the basement last.

“So you're the friend huh?” Tablo spoke leaning up against the elevator railing. “It’s nice to meet you, I’m Ta-”

“TABLO!!!!!!” I burst in the tiny space, grabbing my mouth quickly.

                I looked at him completely ashamed and he looked at me hesitantly before breaking into an infectious laughter. I breathed a little easier after my outburst…he was more beautiful in person. His taught jaw line was chiseled leading down to a perfectly perched neck. He was a little shorter than I thought, but his confidence made him seem taller. We were now heading onto the fourth floor when the doors opened. No one was there, so Tablo pushed the door close button.

“I’m sorry for shouting, but I just can’t believe its you…I mean, it’s really you!” I couldn’t help but be in awe. HE WAS IN TOUCHING DISTANCE!!!

“Are you surprised?” He grinned.

“Yes! I was expecting to meet Devon, but you came instead.”

                If she had anything to do with setting this up, she was absolutely the greatest person in the history of my fandom. We arose to the seventh floor.

“I’m Paije” I said a little shyly.

                He smiled as we continued the ride on the elevator. I didn’t even bother asking why he had pushed every button.

~Devon~

                                                                                     fwfew  

                I could already feel the confusion making it’s way across my face until my brain finally began connecting the pieces together.

“Teddy’s not coming…is he?” I said it more like a statement than a question.

“I wasn’t sure you’d see me if I asked you too” He said shyly looking to the floor.

“Is everything alright?”

His head popped up to look at me.

“Like are you hurt or something?” I asked worried. “Oh no…”

“What is it?!” He said scared.

I buried my face in my hands. “You're going into the military!!!!!!”

He smiled and shook his head no, but stepped forward to meet me. I breathed a lot easier.

“Can we talk about something?”

                Something? Something like what? What on earth is there possibly to say? I guess it would be alright as long as we don’t talk about earlier today.

“Uhm…well, Paije and I-” 

                I legit had to stop talking. I was witnessing his face drop at a rapid rate and I would’ve said just about anything to keep him from looking sad. I continued sitting on the floor and I motioned for him to sit. I checked him out as he sat next to me checking for any injuries.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” He smiled.

“I’m just checking to make sure that you're okay” I said honestly before realizing that I might’ve said the wrong thing again. “What I mean is, you have to stay healthy so you can perform.”

“Devon…”

                A few more of those name calls I was going to end up as a little brown puddle on the floor.

“Today…”he began. “Today you said you…loved me-”

“Don’t read too much into it! Americans say that a lot especially to-”

                His thumb was pressing gently on my top lip as his index finger curled under the bottom part. He smirked.

“When you said it…my stomach flipped many times.”

                I tried to tell him that I didn’t mean to repulse him with my meager confession, but his finger and thumb had a firm on my lips.

“You have no idea how much I like hearing that…”

                My eyes grew bigger before shrinking in confusion again. I was looking at him skeptically.

He ducked his head and laughed. “I’m saying that it’s okay to love me!”

                I grumbled and he pulled his hand away from my mouth resting  it on my shoulder.

“I swear that has to be the most arrogant thing I’ve ever heard!”

Moh!”

“Isn’t it enough that you're already my bias! Now you want me to-”

“Devon, you don’t understand-”

“I don’t understand? I don’t understand?!” I shrieked. “I understand perfectly that you want me to stay in this one sided love relationship! Do you know back home I’m called crazy for being in love with a man who doesn’t even know I exist! That I-

                His hand had latched itself to the peak of the back of my neck, grabbing me forward to meet his lips. He crushed himself to me and I felt my heart leap out of my chest as he pulled away from the impeccably short kiss. 

“Do you understand now?” He looked at me wide-eyed. “I like you!”

                My stomach had turned into an Olympic gymnast; doing cartwheels and back flips and jumps. Chills were running marathons up and down my spine and wherever his hands touched me felt like warm fire. He looked at me a long time, before bringing himself to me slower. He looked at me waiting for a response. I had none…I was legit frozen in time. Our lips met again and I felt my stomach spazz out at the contact. His kiss was tender and gentle, but a slight burning passion that I could sense. I kissed him back full-filling so many dreams I had had about him. I couldn’t believe that I was kissing my very definition of ideal. I was so happy I thought I would cry. He pulled away from me and he could clearly tell that I was intoxicated by his existence. I laughed looking away from him feeling completely lightheaded.

                He laid down, stretching out on the floor as I continued to not look at him. It took every single ounce of restraint I had not to scream in victory. He tugged on my arm and pulled me into his chest, catching me in a hug. I laughed at his lighthearted behavior snuggled closer to his grip. He was holding me securly, one hand placed around my back while the other my hair.

“Ouch!” He said and I smiled. “What was that for?”

I pinched him again. “Just making sure this is real.”

He squeezed me even tighter. “Devon…if this is a dream, let’s not wake up.”

“If I wake up from this, I’ll cry so badly” I said burying my face into his side.

“Do you dream of me often?” T.O.P said turning his body towards me more.

“No” I confessed sadly. “Which makes it so much more special when I do.”

“I guess I’ll have to fix that” he said kissing my forehead.

 

                Why can’t life always be this simple? Here I am lying on practice room floor, just talking and laughing with a man I never dreamed I would ever meet. And the funny thing is, this feels effortless. T.O.P has always had a designated area in my heart, but never in a million years did I actually think that I would have a place in his. Life was just too perfect.

“Dev,”

“Hm?” I said happily.

“Why is it you thought I was going into the military?”

I sat up and laughed hard. “Because, it’s only a matter or time and I have no idea what to do with myself!”

“What do you mean you have no idea what to do with yourself?” I could hear the grin in his voice.

“Well, I’m seriously thinking about becoming a volunteer nurse when you go-”

“No!” He laughed hard.

“Why not?” I asked playfully hitting him.

“You don’t speak Korean!” He chuckled. “It’ll be just my luck I get hurt and they need a scalpel and you give them a banana.”

 I made a face at him. “What I’ll probably end up doing is writing you a letter every week.”

He shook his head. “Every day.”

“Every day?! I live in one of the most boring towns on the planet, and you want me to write you everyday.”

                I made a noise and he sat up and got really close to me.

“Promise me…when I go you’ll wait for me-”

“Of course!”

“Great! So you’ll prove it by giving me a letter everyday” he laughed settling back down on the floor.

My phone began ringing and once I saw it was Paije I picked it up immediately.

“Hello?”

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?!” She shouted into the receiver. “Are you still at YG?”

“Yeah…Sorry things got…” I trailed off, losing all trains of thought while T.O.P looked at me.

“Things got what?!” I snapped clearly upset.

“I can’t explain” I mumbled. “I’m leaving soon okay?” I said trying to reassure her of my safety.

“Well let me in first. I’m standing outside YG-”

“Oh Paije!” I groaned. “I’m fine-

“I was worried so I came to make sure you're okay…YOU'RE WELCOME!” She yelled.

“Alright…I’ll be up in a second. Bye” I clicked the phone dead. “That was Paije, she’s here!”

“She sounds upset” T.O.P noticed.

“She was worried…I was only supposed to be out for a little while.”

                I made to get up but T.O.P grabbed my hand whipping out his cell phone. He spoke quickly into the phone and I had no clue as to who he was talking too. I only heard my name and Paije’s being mentioned. It was a short call and he hung up quickly.

“Now…that gives us some more time” he smiled at me.

“How is a girl supposed to resist” I said sarcastically but fully meaning it.

                His lips found mine again and we kissed sweetly until a solid knock at the door interrupted us. A guy wearing a beanie cap was standing to greet us before opening the door. Paije walked in silently after Tablo. I looked at Paije making sure that she hadn’t gone into overload; she looked like she was about to explode.

“Tablo this is Devon” T.O.P smiled.

He extended his hand towards me and I shook it. “Nice to meet you Devon. Paije has told me a lot about you.”   

I smiled at Paije who was clearly in her own little world.

“I need to get her home” I said leaving T.O.P’s side to link arms with Paije.

He nodded and I left with Paije in a daze. It wasn’t until we were a block and a half from YG that she finally busted.

“SEOUL IS JUST TOO AMAZING!!! AND SO KIND TO US!!!”

“What on earth are you talking about” I giggled.


“I MET TABLO AND YOU KISSED TOP!!! THE WORLD DOESN’T GET MUCH SWEETER THAN THAT”

~~~~~~

okay so yea...i thought this was kind of over due...please everynone who

reads this part/chapter leave a comment 

I"M SUPER CURIOUS AS TO WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT

much love...pce!!!