Just In Time

Once In A Lifetime

He was out of his mind! What did he mean that I was meeting Devon today. I wasn’t going to meet her today or any other day! She had chosen, and the guy wasn’t me. Why should I make myself suffer any more than necessary.

“Sorry to disappoint Seung Hyun but I’m not meeting any one” I answered putting a kettle on the stove.

Like hell you're not” he chuckled. “And at this rate we’re going to the airport.”

“I’m not going” I said lazily plopping myself down in a nearby chair reaching for the remote.

As soon as I the television, T.O.P reached to shut it off. “I don’t care if I have to drag you out, but you will see her!”

“Why?” I scoffed. “Forgive me for not wanting to witness her send-off to you.”

“I don’t get why you don’t want to see her”He groaned. “You're the one who claims to love her-”

I smiled sarcastically. “No one is stopping you from going…by all means get out of my house!”

Hyun Joong I promise you that if I go after her, you will never have another chance.”

“Then go” I shrugged my shoulders. “I’m not the type of guy to smile and say nice words to a person who breaks their promise.”

“What promise?” Seung Hyun questioned.

She knows” I said with a laugh.

If you think that by asking her not to choose me broke a promise than not only are you stupid but you don’t know her as well as you think” he said getting up from the couch dragging his muddy shoes across the cushions.

                He fixed his jacket collar before stepping in front of me.

When I leave, forget her.”

I glared at him. “What?”

“Against my better judgment I came here to ask you to fix things with her before she left. I did it for her because I know how much she cares about you; that in itself should prove how much I love her seeing as I can’t stand you let alone you being with her. But since you insist on acting like a jackass, I’m leaving..but I’m telling you to forget her. Don’t try to find her or talk to her after I leave…forget her.”

                He was walking towards the door of the house.

She kissed you” I said before he opened it.

 “We did no more than you” He added harshly. “What does it matter?”

“She’s chosen you!”  I yelled getting off the couch. “And you're asking me to rub salt on an open wound?”

“She didn’t choose me, you idiot” Seung Hyun said rubbing the peak in his forehead. “Which is why I wanted to give you a final chance before making her see reason.”

“She… didn’t choose you?” I hesitated.

He shook his head. “She told me goodbye…and it is for now.”

~~~~

“Can you believe there’s a delay?!” I groaned to Paije who was watching some drama starring Lee Minho.

“It happens” she answered unaffected.

                I could tell from her slow response she wasn’t as eager to leave as me; but with everything going on I just wanted to leave as soon as possible. The faster I got out of Seoul, the sooner I could forget the two most wonderful men I had ever met.

“Hey!” Paije said excitedly. “Do you hear what’s playing?”

                I stopped to listen and fat tears were welling up in my eyes as I listened to Haru Haru drift in the background of the noise of the airport.

“Devon?” Paije asked.

“I’m getting fries” I said quickly grabbing my wallet from my purse; looking for the nearest McDonalds.

“You can talk about it!” She called after me.

                I didn’t want to talk! I wanted to get on my plane and go home and forget that any of this amazingness happened.  

~~~~

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him as he wove in between cars on the highway.

Seung Hyun was speeding. “You might think I’m crazy but I’m thinking about someone else for a change.”

I smiled. “That’s not like you.”

“Don’t get used to it” he said indifferent. “And now because of you we’re racing against the clock”

“What time does her plane leave?”

“I’m not sure, some time around 11?” he said anxious; the speedometer increased. “BIGBANG already went over to say goodbye-”

“You mean you didn’t see her before she left today?”

Enough of the questions” he snapped flexing his hand the steering wheel.

                We were getting close and he let me out at the airport entrance while he went to go find a parking space.

I owe you Seung Hyun!”  I smiled my gratitude shutting the door.

He smirked at me. “Just remember it’s only for 2 years.”

~~~~

“Good Morning Korean Air passengers, welcome to Flight A3556 Seoul, South Korea to New York City, United States” the flight person said coolly over the intercom. “Seat sections A, B and C may board the plane.”

Paije motioned for me to remove my headphones. “What section are we again?”

“Section F” I said packing away my computer.

~~~~

 “I’m sorry sir, but the 11 o’clock flight to New York is all booked. May I suggest the 2:15?”

“No! I don’t want to take a trip, I need to talk to someone who is boarding that flight.”

“Well I’m sorry, but the flights to the terminals have all been booked” The woman apologized. “May I suggest a different time?”

I rolled my eyes and groaned. “You don’t understand...”

                Seung Hyun walked into the airport entrance and saw me talking to the kiosk worker completely frustrated.

What are you still doing here?” He said to me urgently.

This lady won’t let me go to the terminals; I have to buy a ticket in order to go!”

“Are you really that cheap?” He mumbled pushing me out of the way. “Ahjumma! Two tickets to whatever flight that can get us back there!” He ordered and I rolled my eyes.

As I told you're friend, all flights are booked” she answered with a tone.

                Just then seven ear piercing screams were heard throughout the lobby. A small crowd was running towards us yelling ‘SS501’ and ‘BIGBANG’. Phones were snapping pictures of our annoyed faces as we pleaded with the woman to sell us at least one ticket. Things were getting close it was already 10:50.

MinSoh! What seems to be the problem?”  A larger man came over.

                She explained to him what was going on and he called for security to the check in passengers to their appropriate kiosks. A young woman wearing a uniform looked to the both of us and motioned to us quickly.

You need to talk to someone right?” She said hushed and we both nodded. “Follow me.”

                She led us too a control room with video cameras and loudspeaker equipment. She handed Seung Hyun a phone and told him to hold it upside down.

Talk in the phone” she explained pressing random buttons.

Seung Hyun looked at me hesitantly before breathing out to speak.

“Airport Passengers…This is…Tabi. I’m here with…”

“Yoo Ji Hoo” I smiled knowing she would get the reference.

“I wanted to say see you later. I know how hard this was for you, but know that this is just temporary. The time may seem long now, but just know that I will come back to you; take care of yourself and remember your promise to me. It will all make sense soon enough; never stop thinking of me because you're faith in me will keep me going until I see you again.”

                He handed the speaker to me and I could literally see how difficult his speech was. I knew that it was something that I was going to have to experience first hand. It was 10:55.

“Devon…we’ve been through so much in such a short time, but I want you to know that you don’t have to go. I’m asking you to stay with me, stay for me. I had no intention of falling for you, but I have and now I’m asking you to trust you're heart and be with me. I know you think that my life is hectic and that a life with me is difficult…and you're right. But it’s something I’m willing to get through with you. I see something in you, and I don’t want to see you go…at least without me.”

“10:58” Seung Hyun whispered.

“The planes are all sold out, so I can’t come back there but I will be waiting for you at the entrance of the airport. All day if I have too. I’ll wait for you… so…come to me”

~~~~

                I settled into the airplane seats plugging my headphones into my iPod skipping through over half of the songs on it. I stopped on Yiruma and listened to his music as the plane glided out of the terminal parking lot.

~~~~

okay so i know this is a really short chapter but i should be updating throughtout the night. the way it's gonna go is the next chapter is probly gonna be really short and then the final one is going to be kinda long. 2 more chapters left people, hope you enjoy it