I'm Feeling All Warm & Fuzzy & You're A Icy Calm Electric Blue

Once In A Lifetime

I have never been in a mood this good! I woke up this morning feeling like I should prance and skip about my room singing Disney songs. I could not stop smiling! I legit woke up with a smile on my face and no matter how many times I tried to relax my face, I couldn’t stop smiling. There was a growing warmth in the pit of my stomach that took over everything else. The saddest thing was I hadn’t done anything but wake up and stare at my ceiling grinning like a complete idiot. I didn’t know how early it was or how late it had become. Time was unimportant…I had no sense of it. I honestly couldn’t even remember if Paije was still asleep or not. I didn’t care!!!! I felt like running! I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs. Why is life so perfect?! I can’t comprehend this level of..of…bliss. My phone began ringing and I propped myself up lazily to look at it. Paije was apparently still in the room.

“Devon!” she groaned at me. “Answer it will ya?!”

                The sound of sleep was still stuck in and I smiled sheepishly before answering it.

“Hel-lo?” I slurred dreamily.

“Hi…is this Ms. Devon Ashford?” a familiar accented female voice said.

“Yes it is, may I ask whose calling?”

“This is Kim Mi Hi from YG Entertainment. I was calling to tell you that the YG Building is unavailable to V.I.P for today, so rehearsal for today is canceled.”

“Oh…okay.”

“Don’t worry, practice resumes the day after” she could hear the disappointment in my voice. “You V.I.Ps  have been working hard and you need a rest day.”

“Thank you, but it’s no trouble-”

“BIGBANG wishes to extend their thanks, and to rest up for tomorrow” she said cutting me off.

“Okay” I agreed. “Bye.”

                She clicked the phone dead and gently laid the phone back down on the dresser.

“What’s up?” Paije said picking up the slight drop in my mood.

“Rehearsal is canceled for today” I almost pouted.

                But then I began thinking about what the rehearsal was for, and then who was it for and my mood inflated once again.

“You look really bipolar today” Paije teased lying on her back on the bed.

“I can’t even..I just..I-”

                I kept spluttering out words and half sentences but I couldn’t express myself!

“I think for the safety of T.O.P it’s good there is no rehearsal” Paije joked as she watched me practically have a fit in my bed.

“PAIJE I CAN’T EVEN COMPREHEND WHAT HAPPENED LAST NIGHT!!!!!”

                That growing warmth had turned into an erupting volcano that was spreading it’s Lava of Euphoria throughout my body. Paije laughed hard as I continued to freak out.

“TOP PAIJE….TOP!!!” I said somehow making a three letter word a three syllable sound. “NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS DID I EXPECT TO-” I trailed off.

“Yeah well I never expected in two million years that one of us would be chosen for this trip, but here we are” she said ruffling her hair. “I guess anything is possible” She chuckled sitting up.

“He’s mine Paije!” I began tearing up from joy. “Seung Hyun is really mine.”

“Why are crying?” Paije asked worried.

I was crying really hard now, before I broke out laughing. “Do you know how good that feels to say? Like the fact that it’s real! Like I meant it before when he didn’t even know I existed…but the fact that he feels the same way…ABOUT ME PAIJE ABOUT ME!!!”

                Paije looked at me and smiled.

“It’s a really sweet sentence when it’s not in denial” I laughed.

“Wait a second…I thought that you thought it was destiny for you two to end up together-”

“Paije…” I looked at her obviously. “I talk up a really good game! 98% of what I said about TOP and I was a pep talk…deep down I knew that this would never be possible! Realistically I knew that I only had two possible options.”

“Two options? What are you talking about?!” She shrieked with laughter.

“When I realized that I was seriously in love with him…I thought myself a crazy person! I’m in love with a man I don’t even know! So I knew that I would either end up alone pinning after him for eternity…or marry a man who would have to accept my undying love for him!”

                Paije was looking at me like I had six heads coming out of my before she busted out in laughter. She was laughing so hard she had stopped taking in air and her eyes were watering. I didn’t care if she thought I was insane…I didn’t care what anyone thought. Why? Because he was mine!!!

“I’m never sharing anything with you again” Paije said weakly trying to catch her breath.

I looked at her. “What?!”

“I show you KPOP and you're one step away from being committed. Do you know how crazy you sound?!”

“Whatevs…he’s mine and I’m happier than I’ve ever been in my life!”

“Well I’m happy for you” She said rolling out of her bed walking to the bathroom.

                I laid back down thinking of how incredible my life was when the message alert on my phone beeped. I looked at the phone annoyed at it for interrupting my train of thought. I rolled over to my side hugging my pillow tightly forcing myself to relive the memory of T.O.P holding me on the floor of the practice room. His hold on me felt effortless and perfect; almost like his arms were a mold that I fit into easily.

PING!

                Another message that I ignored. I squeezed my pillow pretending that it was T.O.P.

“Devon…if this is a dream, let’s not wake up.”

                My mind replayed his deep voice and my stomach practically jumped out of my stomach.

PING!

                I hugged my pillow tighter, determined to hold onto the memory.

PING!

“I’m not answering” I groaned my back still facing the phone.

                Ten minutes later my phone was ringing and I glared at it tempted not to even answer. In a rebellious mood I let the phone ring without picking it up. After I figured that whoever was trying to reach me gave up, my phone beeped again and I groaned flipping it open. It was a number I didn’t recognize.

                I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong number.

                Is this not Devon Ashford?

I scrunched my face and replied.

                                                                Yes it is…who is this?

I waited for an answer but it didn’t come right away. Whoever I was texting just called me as well, so I patiently waited for an answer. Instead it was a phone-call.

“Hello?”

“Yah! Why don’t you answer me?”

                My face automatically brightened as I recognized the voice.

“I’m sorry, I just got up” I said sleepily.

“Dreaming about me?”

My heart whooshed as I heard the smirk in his voice. “No” I laughed.

“Huh! It should’ve worked” he whined.

“It’s okay…the real thing was better anyway.”I could feel my face getting hot; I ducked my head down totally enjoying the feeling.

“Maybe it was punishment” he said curiously.

“Punishment?” I said startled. “I didn’t do anything?” I laughed.

“Oh really?” The way he said ‘really’ was so accented I almost choked on a squeal. “Why is it everyone has your number but me?”

“Who else has it besides Teddy and Taeyang?” I challenged.

“Are they not enough?!” His voiced raised in exaggeration before laughing. “I should’ve been first!”

“What if I promise you’ll be the last?” I negotiated.

“Promise me then” his tone became greedy.

I sighed like it was a great effort. “I promise...I’ll just have Paije give it to them instead.”

“Yah! That’s not the right answer” he laughed hard into the phone. “Hang on a second?”

                His mood was just as positively charged as mine. I heard a slur of Korean between him and a few others before he remembered that he had me on the phone.

“I need to…uh-go away from the phone…” he said and I swear it had to be the cutest Engrish I had ever heard from him.

“Okay…talk to you later” I said beginning to hang up but I heard him shout.

“I’ll text you, make sure you answer me! Arresso?!

“If I don’t will you call me?” I asked hopeful.

He could hear it in my voice and he laughed. “No…but I like talking to you; so will you?”

“I will, if you promise to stay focused! I don’t want to get you in trouble” I warned.

“I won’t” he said easily.

“Okay…”

“O.K” he said dragging out the two letters.

                He probably heard me giggle before hanging up the phone.

“THIS IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted so loud that Paije rushed in her hair wet from her shower.

                She looked at me and groaned returning to the bathroom. I got up from the bed and the television checking out the different shows. There was a knock at the door and I looked through the peephole to find Aaliya and Anna.

I opened the door surprised to see them there. “Hey guys…uh..what’s up?”

“Did you not remember that we promised to help this girl?!” Aaliya chastised.

“It really worked out that we don’t have practice today! We can catch me up!” Anna said excitedly at the door.

“Just give me a few minutes to change and get ready” I said opening the door further to let them in.

PING!

                I rushed to the room to pick up the phone, excitedly waiting to read the first message from T.O.P.

                                                                What are you doing?

I sighed at the text.

                                                                What are you not doing in order to text me? Hm? (O.O) lol

                I dropped the phone on my bed rushing to my closet and drawer to pull out a comfy fitting top and sweat pants. Paije stepped out of the bathroom fully dressed before asking me who was in the living room.

PING!

                                                                It’s not my turn in the studio lol so what are you doing?

                I rolled my eyes at the text and dropped my phone on the bed.

“Who’s that?” Paije asked interested.

“T.O.P” I said with a slight smile. “Do me a favor and talk to him while I take a shower?”

                Paije shrugged her shoulders and picked up the phone and began texting as I entered the bathroom to turn on the hot water. I took what seemed like a quick shower and I was getting dressed. I walked back out to the room and began working my hair into a high ponytail. Paije was smiling at the phone. I looked at her with a squint. She smiled tossing my phone on the bed before sauntering into the living room. Something wasn’t right. Paije liked T.O.P and but we all knew he was her least favorite. She was always the first one to say something insulting about him, and it was a truly rare occasion whenever she complimented him. Something was fishy. I flipped open my phone preparing to see an embarrassing conversation based on me but all I saw was T.O.P’s next message.

                                                                Is she back yet?

I replied quickly.

                                                                Yea, I’m here.

PING!

                                                                 I’ll talk to you in a bit, it’s my turn to record.

I answered him back and returned to the living room. Aaliya and Anna had transformed our living room into an open area. Most of the furniture was pushed up against the walls, and any objects that might have been a potential threat were moved out of the way.

“Can we warm up first?” I asked crossing my arms for a stretch. “Is there a dance we all know?”

“Uhm?” Anna began. “2NE1’s Follow Me? It’s relatively safe for me to do” she smiled weakly.

“Okay…sounds like a plan” I said plugging my iPod into the stereo dock.

                The music began and even Paije danced along. Aaliya took the role of CL and Anna stepped up as Dara, while Paije became Minzy and I was left as Bom. It loosened us up and got us all in a YG mood. The more relaxed Anna became her movements became less stiff. We began with the beginning of the song taking it nice and slow so she could get the steps. With just us she became less nervous, which improved her dancing immensely.

“Now we’re getting to our individual parts” Aaliya said.  “Have you figured out what you’re going to do?”

Paije and I looked at Anna hesitantly.

“That’s the easy part” Anna grinned. “Daesung worked it out!”

                The rest of us looked at her curiously, but Anna seemed really confident.  So we kept working on the beginning and ending parts. It was getting late, but we worked non-stop and with each time we all improved.

“Thank you so much!” Anna said hugging Aaliya and I tightly. “I feel better about it already.”

                She danced her way out of the room and out of sight back to her room.

“She’s getting better” Paije said. “I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

                Aaliya and I shared looks of hope as the three of us began reassembling our room back to normal. Once the room was back to normal, Aaliya invited her sister up to our room for dinner. We ordered some food and began watching the television.

PING!

                Oh no the phone! I rushed up from my seat to get it, completely forgetting about texting him. The first thing I texted him was an apology.

                                                                SORRY SORRY SORRY MIAN HAE!!!! MIAN HAEEEE!!!!! (^O^)

He responded quickly.

                                                                It’s fine. I was busy anyway.

I sighed.

                                                                Liar lol. I was helping Anna with her dancing.

I waited. For a response, and in a few minutes I got one.

                                                                Daesung’s partner? He’ll be so relieved lol

I giggled.

You are by far the last person to make jokes about dancing lol I could help you too you know! :)

I waited.

                                                                Ha Ha very funny lol

“Devon!” Paije screamed. “YOU NEED TO GET OUT HERE!!!”

                Still clutching my phone I ran out into the living room and after making sure that Paije was safe I began scolding her.

“Why would you scream like that?! You scared me half to death!”

                I was yelling at her but she was laughing hysterically continuing to point to the television screen behind me. I turned around and practically fainted. My T.O.P was gone. His beautiful chocolate hair was missing and instead there was an icy blue colored wig sitting on top of it, fixed in this spikey hair do. I shuffled to the television screen shaking my head in horror. What had he done?! Where was my T.O.P? WHERE WAS MY TABI T.O.P??!?!?!???! My hands were smudging the screen and I looked to my phone.

                                                              WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??????!!!!!

                                                                Huh?

                                                                PLEASE TELL ME IT’S JUST A WIG!!!!!!!!

                                                                You saw it? ^-^ so…

                                                                It’s a wig right?

                                                                No lmao I dyed it blue!

                                                                O.O

                                                                What does O.O mean?

                                                                (Y.Y )WAE!!!!!!!!

                                                                LOL I needed a new look Devon…

                                                                Go back to the honey golden brown…I love that color!!!!!! T.T

In no time at all my phone was ringing and I picked it up immediately waiting for an explanation.

“I…don’t…understand” I spoke slowly as the news zoomed in on his new look.

“Just trust and support me like always…O.K?” He said the ‘okay’ slowly, making it harder to be upset with his new choice.

                I sighed accepting it, and I reminded myself what I had signed up for by choosing him as my ultimate bias. He was truly artistic if nothing else, and along with his music, his style was another form of his self-expression.

“I hope you know this means I get to call you Smurf Oppa” I smiled at the name.

“Smurf?”

                I heard an outburst of laughter in the background.

“Yah! Teddy! You know Smurf?” T.O.P asked truly curious.

                I smiled telling him goodbye, hanging up the phone. I stared at my phone background. A beautifully chiseled face with honey brown hair and a big fluffy hat were brooding at me through the pixels. I looked at the blue haired man on the television screen, figuring out a way to explain how I was in love with this blue haired man to my parents.

~~~~

okay so...don't get too comfortable...the next chapter should be kinda mushy like this one

but the one after that...watch out bc HYUN JOONG IS COMING BACK lol

much love... pce!