There Was No Other Way To Explain My Life Than Incredibly Wonderful

Once In A Lifetime

                It had to be at least three or four o-clock in the morning when I laid across my bed back at the hotel just counting the colorful dots in the darkness. I couldn’t sleep. There was absolutely no way I could fall asleep. Paije was breathing heavily on her bed, she fell asleep hours ago. My brain had happily split in two and I didn’t know which part of today to think about more…the most incredible kiss in the history of my life or the luckiest and most painful audition/moment of my existence.

“Start with the kiss!!!” my mind shouted at me.

                Oh my gosh, could you even call it a kiss? I squealed happily at the secret. I didn’t tell Paije yet, keeping it private felt too good and I didn’t want to let it go yet. I couldn’t help but grin in the darkness at the memory. If I was happy about T.O.P kissing my forehead, I was ecstatic now. Less than twenty four hours ago, I had been facially mauled by Hyun Joong. I grabbed my head in a failed attempt to stop the spinning, my stomach was back-flipping and turning tricks so fast I couldn’t keep up.

“Will you please explain why you're still up?” Paije groaned while turning to face me.

“I don’t know if I can” I squeaked.

“Well can you at least try to get some sleep?” She turned over again and picked up right where she left off.

                If she only knew the reason; I prayed I would be able to keep it until later but the way I was feeling I just wanted to tell. I wanted to sing it to anyone who would listen and jump up in down at the memory. I wanted to squeal until I had lost my voice from excitement…I couldn’t get over it.

                And another thing I couldn’t get over, was how damn lucky I was! Someone out of BIGBANG made it possible for me to audition. Not only had I auditioned but I totally rocked it even though I was paying for it now with every slight movement. I was completely and utterly sore from what I accomplished a while ago, I had restricted myself to complete bed rest. I could afford to be obedient now; I had done what I had wanted to do. Who stalled the audition? I knew for sure that it wasn’t T.O.P; he had made it perfectly clear that he didn’t want me there, but I had four other members to choose from. I knew it wasn’t Taeyang! I had become so accustomed to hearing his voice I was absolutely sure I would be able to pick it out. The same with Seungri, I was sure I could pick it out. Which left me with G-Dragon or Daesung but honestly; I couldn’t see either one of them doing something like that for me. I pulled the covers around me and tried to go to sleep and I felt myself drift back to the elevator after my audition.

~~~~

                I walked out of the room feeling adrenaline with each step I took. That had to be one of the best moments of my life. I had just auditioned for a music video staring BIGBANG and even though I knew thanks to T.O.P’s promise that I wasn’t going to get picked I was still happy about the chance. That happiness wavered when I saw Hyun Joong’s glacial stare once I turned the corner. I smiled but he just sighed instead grabbing one of my arms wrapping it around his neck and placing his arm around my waist for support. I began almost hobbling to the elevator; now that I could drop the façade; I realized that I was in a much worse state than I had led myself to believe. My side was scorching in pain and every step I took added gasoline to it. My foot wanted to act like I had twisted it again causing me to slightly limp, but other than that everything else seemed to be fine.

“I wasn’t late” I winced in the elevator as he pushed the button to go to the upper levels.

“I guess not, especially with you knocking down most of Seoul to get here” he said sarcastically. “Well I hope this was worth it; you seem worse than before.”

“I’m not worse” I said raising my arm to protest but pain shot through that side and I whined.

                His face was petrified. I took in deep breaths trying to relax us both.

“I’m okay” I answered messaging my side. “So don’t even think about trying to take me back to the hospital.”

He cracked a smile helping me off the elevator. We walked towards the exiting doors of the YG Building and then we walked slowly back to the hotel. I felt his grip around me tighten and I took my hand unbuckling his from around my waist. He let it drop as I took my other arm from around his neck.

“I’m okay, really” I nodded. My foot was beginning to ease up on the pain returning my walking style to normal. My side, I was absolutely sure wouldn’t be comfortable until I was lying down on my bed.

“It felt nice though” he said as we continued walking at my pace.

                My body swooshed on its internal rollercoaster ride. I wasn’t sure of what to say so I said nothing and continued to walk.

“I hope you don’t take this the wrong way…but are all V.I.P’s this crazy or is it just you?”

                I broke into a laugh.

“I mean it! I’ve never met anyone who was this die-hard! You're unbelievable! You can barely walk and yet you somehow complete an audition flawlessly!”

“Flawlessly?” I said clearly flattered.

                He said flawlessly! So it worked, I was able to show no discomfort.

He nodded. “I watched the entire thing. If I didn’t know what to look for-”

“Wait what? Look for what?”

“You had the slightest hesitation when working with your slide, but instead of stopping you pushed through it and it showed a little on your face.”

“My back was to the door, you couldn’t have seen-”

“You were facing a wall of mirrors remember?” He said flatly. “Trust me I saw.”

“Was it that noticeable?” I asked him. Maybe someone could’ve mistaken it for passion.

“Not too bad…like I said I knew what to look for. No one else probably noticed except for-”

“Except for who?!” I shrieked.

“No one” he grumbled. “Let’s get you inside huh?”

                He walked me into the hotel and led me to the elevator door before pushing the button so one would open. I stepped in expecting to ride alone but he got in with me; I looked at him puzzled.

“I want to make sure you get to your room; who knows if you're gonna run off again.”

“I’m not” I laughed at myself imagining what I must have looked like to him. A crazy madwoman running down the crowded streets just to make it somewhere on time. “I have no reason too.”

“You're known to lie in order to get what you want” he shook his head in wonder.

                I rolled my eyes as the elevator stopped on my level and we walked out.

“Thanks again” I smiled feeling the discomfort from way earlier creep into the moment.

He nodded rocking on his heels. I just wished he would say something instead of keeping so quiet. But he said nothing!

“I’m gonna go...inside” I said swiping my key in front of the lock.

“Devon” he said stepping closer.

                Just calling my name sent a wave of shivers through my body. I couldn’t do anything but look at him. I felt my lips purse themselves, not at all sure what to do or say so I kept quiet.

 “About earlier-”

“No-It’s okay…I no big deal” I finished the words making it easier. That had to be the biggest lie I ever told. “Uhm, so I’ll catch you later?”

He stepped away nodding.

“Yea, get’s some rest” his answer was rather short and he left walking away towards the elevator doors.

“You too!” I practically shouted after him making me feel like an abandoned dork.

~~~~

“Paije…”

“Hm?” She was clearly still in dreamland.

“Paije” I whined. “I can’t sleep.”

“Neither can I, thanks to you” she groaned but laughed at the end.

“Hyun Joong kissed me” I whispered into the night, knowing that she would hear me.

“You woke me up because of a dream?” All traces of humor were leaving.

“It was no dream Paije…it happened” I exaggerated. 

“WHAT!” she screeched, I could see her dark figure sitting up on her bed.

“Hyun Joong kissed me” I breathed out relieved I could tell someone.

                She flicked on the bed lamp.

“Like an idol kiss?”

“No; he didn’t kiss my hand or my forehead or my cheek. HE… KISSED… ME!!!” I was waving my hands to demonstrate the importance.

“Like-” she was raising her eyebrows.

“Like YEA!!!!”

“OMG!!! NO WAY” she squealed in delight. “When and where?!”

“At his house, before I auditioned for the video” I was flinching to each word.

                Her eyes grew huge.

“Well what now?!” She screamed at me.

 “What do you mean what now? He’s Kim Hyun Joong for crying out loud! Nothing is going to happen…it can’t!”

“But maybe if you-”

“No Paije…you know just as well as I that I can’t expect anything.” 

                I watched the pout form on her face, her face represented how I felt. I could see she was trying to come up with a loophole but there was none. If anything, I would have to distance myself from him more.

 “I’m just happy to share it with someone” I said clearly relieved until a pillow wacked my face.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?!” She roared chucking another one.

“I’m sorry” I laughed. “You don’t tell me anything about Seung Gi!”

“If something like that happened you’d be the first to know!” She breathed out. “Wow, Hyun Joong.”

“I feel better now” I smiled.

“I would too if I made out with an idol” Paije grumbled before turning over.

~~~~

“What are you doing with this number?” a familiar voiced screeched to me, clearly with an attitude.

                I scrunched my face up to the noise finally opening my eyes to Madison’s furious face holding my cell phone in her hands.

“What?”

“This number-”

“What number?” I groaned.

“Kendrick’s number! It’s on your phone…why did he call you?”

“I didn’t talk to Kendrick-” I began but then I began thinking.

                Could she possibly be talking about the mysterious person who helped me get to the audition? I clearly remembered hearing the voice before but it wasn’t in the slightest accented from the United Kingdom. The guy I talked too was definitely Korean.

“And here I was trying to be nice, and I find out that my boyfriend has been cheating on me with you!” She threw the phone on my bed and waved her arms in grief.

“In case you haven’t noticed, she’s been sick at the hospital for weeks you dumb twit” Paije snapped at her upset.

“I’m sorry” Madison began to whimper. “He’s been so distant lately…he doesn’t hold or kiss me. He barely even calls, and all he can seem to focus on is getting in that stupid music video!”

                She sat on the edge of my bed looking more pathetic than ever. Maybe Kendrick was right to only date V.I.P’s; of course he would seem distant! Getting in this music video was too important.

“He was probably practicing at YG” I spoke up trying to comfort her.

Her eyes glared. “How did you-So it’s true…he’s sneaking off to meet you!!! Incredible” she said leaving the bedroom slamming the door in fury.

                Paije made a choking motion towards the door and thrashed against her bed upset. I laughed and got up still bright and cheery from last night. I swear I felt like Snow White or Cinderella surrounded by their animal creatures helping them get ready for the day. I felt like I could sing for hours. Every reflective surface I looked into I was smiling and I couldn’t stop. Paije got up eventually but not before I was completely dressed and applying my makeup. I wore a black v-neck t-shirt and a pair of flared out jeans. All traces of straight hair were gone thanks to my being caught in the rain yesterday with Hyun Joong, and at the memory I didn’t even mind the frizzy curly mess I was looking at. I practically danced with my hair straightener, making my hair look sleek and smooth and when I finished I was completely satisfied with the way I looked. Paije looked amazing as ever in a cute navy dress with a light tan cardigan and a pair of flats. Her hair was half-up half-down with waves in it from her bun. We stepped out of the room only grabbing our room keys and walked down the hallway to the elevator doors. For some reason the unbearably long ride to the rooftop garden was extremely short today. We saw the familiar buffet style table and I was immediately welcomed back into the routine. I grabbed a plate and immediately started helping myself to the delicious looking spread placed in front of me. Paije and I found a table to sit at and in no time at all Kendrick and Egan were walking over to join us. I saw Kendrick and he nodded at me but I motioned for him to follow me and he did with a strange look on his face. I stopped when we reached a corner with a rather large plant extending itself to cover us.

“What’s going on? You okay?”

                His tone seemed really concerned and it took me off guard. I wasn’t expecting him to care in the slightest but from the way he talked it sounded like he did.

“Yea, I’m fine…are you?” I said hesitantly.

“Yea” he breathed a little easier. “I’m good. Just surprised is all.”

“Surprised?”

“You're talking to me” he smiled sheepishly.

“Why wouldn’t I?” I asked clearly baffled.

He smiled bigger. “Devon you’ve made it perfectly clear that you don’t like me.”

“Me?!” I shrieked.

“Yes, you” he said trying to quiet me down.

“You're the one who hates me remember?” I hedged shifting my weight to a different foot.

“I know you can’t stand me” he said a little quieter.

                I thought about what he said. I felt guilty…I had been horrible to him just as much if not more than he had been to me. I felt terrible and I’m sure it showed.

I took in a deep breath. “I’m really sorry; I shouldn’t have been so-”

“It’s fine” he said cutting me off. “So what did you want?”

“I wanted to thank you for letting me know about the audition-”

                His hand was over my mouth in an instant. His eyes screamed fear and I couldn’t understand in the slightest what had gotten him so scared.

“Devon, you can’t tell anyone about that. GD said that-”

“GD!” I screamed muffled my eyes totally bugged out.

“SHHHHHHH” He said pushing my body up against the nearest wall, still covering my mouth.

                I breathed heavily against his hand and he lowered his hand from my mouth.

“He borrowed my cell phone to call-” he stopped talking. “He didn’t tell you it was him did he?”

I shook my head no. GD…G-DRAGON! It was him! He stalled the audition so I could make it on time. He was the most wonderful and glorious Leader in the history of leading.

“GD called my phone” I whispered.

Kendrick nodded. “Please Devon; you can’t say anything…to anyone.

                I nodded and let out another big breath, letting the fact that I had spoken to Kwon Ji Yong on the phone really sink in.

“How did your audition go?” he asked me after a few seconds.

“I did my best” I sighed. “What about you?”

“Totally killed it” he grinned wide at me.

I smiled tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. “We should go back, our food’s getting cold.”

                He peeked out from the plant that was covering us and groaned.

“If I asked you to do me a favor right now, would you?”

“Probably” I smiled at his smirk.

“Good…play along” He nodded gesturing back to the table.

                I looked at him confused until I saw the table; Madison was searching around frantically no doubt looking for him. He placed an arm around my waist pulling me to him and even though I was reluctant at first, he guided me into him snuggling his arm around me tighter.

“Ken!” Madison yelled. “Don’t you have something to explain?”

                She looked wild. Her eyes were bugging out of their sockets zooming in on Kendrick’s hand that was comfortably resting on my hip.

“What would you like me to say?” He said slowly.

“How about, get away from me you sick tramp!” She screeched towards me.

“Alright” he smiled opening his mouth to speak, but I was one step ahead of him jabbing him in the stomach before he had time to hurt her feelings anymore.

“Stop it” I hissed to him. “Look Madison I’m really sorry” I said stepping towards her to show independence but Kendrick wasn’t having it, he held on for dear life.

“We didn’t mean for this to happen,” he said giving me a squeeze. “But you can’t help how you feel.”

                Madison looked like she was going to burst into tears in front of everyone; I could see her eyes watering. I felt awful, here she was thinking that we were having an affair and I was going along with it. I looked at Kendrick and he was practically grinning from ear to ear. We could all feel the stares from the onlookers increase their number and it wasn’t long until Madison was running out of the room towards the elevators. Kendrick hugged me tighter before spinning me around.

“Devon! I owe you huge!”

“I’m confused” Egan said to him.

“C’mon man, you knew I couldn’t stand another second with her. Thank you so much!”

                He plopped down and began eating aggressively. I just stared at him in disbelief.

“What?” He said, his cheeks poked out like a chipmunk.

“And you wonder why you think I don’t like you?” I said sarcastically walking away from the table.

                I caught up to her before she could step into the elevator. She tried to make the doors close faster but I made it in time to stop them. There were a few other people standing in the elevator.

“I have nothing to say to you” she growled.

“Then just listen-”

“To what?! There is nothing you can say-” she said dabbing her eyes with her sleeve.

“Kendrick and I are not together!” I blurted cutting her off. “He just said that to make you break-up with him.”

“Like I’d believe that!” she laughed. “You're just mad that everyone found out that your not little miss perfect, or little miss innocent! Everyone knows the fact that you stole my boyfriend!”

“I don’t want him! He’s mean, and self-centered and arrogant! If I liked him, why would I be out here to see if you're okay? It wouldn’t make sense!”  

“Well it wouldn’t make sense that he would want to break up? It’s not me, I’m fabulous” she squeaked. “It’d be the perfect way to get back at me.”

“Oh no, did you ruin another one of my dresses?” My face grew worried. “It better not be the outfit I wore for the photo-shoot…if so what flowers would you like at your funeral?”

She laughed. “I didn’t”

“I would never stoop so low as to go for a guy whose going out with someone else.”

“So what am I supposed to do now?” She sniffled.

“Come back to breakfast for starters”

“What about Kendrick?”

“What about him” a new voice piped up.

                He was tall and good looking with milk chocolate skin. He smiled at her revealing a beautiful line of pearly white teeth. This guy sort of reminded me of the guy who played Dean Thomas in the Harry Potter movie-series.

“Oh no…another V.I.P” she moaned. “You guys are freaking everywhere”

“Well you are at a BIGBANG event” one voice laughed.

“My younger sister is the winner. I’m just here as her guest to look out for her.” The beautiful chocolate boy answered. “I could care less about any of this stuff.”

                Suddenly the small elevator felt like shark tank and I could feel the other V.I.Ps going in for the kill at the fact they insulted our Boys. I felt an automatic reflex to defend but I was able to keep it together in time for Madison and this new guy to hit it off.  

“Really?” She wiped her face.

“Yea…maybe we could talk about it over breakfast?” he smiled and she nodded.

                When we reached the rooftop again Madison walked away with the guy she met and I returned to the table. Before reaching my seat I smacked Kendrick on the head which sent our table into a fit of laughter.

“What was that for?” he smiled.

“Next time you decide to break up with someone, leave me out of it! That had to be the meanest thing I’ve ever seen.”

                He hunched his shoulders and continued to scarf his face. Just as I was about to scold him Aaliya and Aania were coming over to our table.

“Glad to see you're feeling better” Aaliya said coming over to hug me.

“I am, thanks” I grinned. “Hey Aania”

“Hi” she peeped with a smile.

                After a few minutes of talking about what I missed like the rehearsal and a few other fan meet and greets, we finally got around to talking about the auditions.

“How did yours go?” I turned to Aaliya asking her watching her eyes bright up at he topic.

“Wonderful! I added my own style to the moves making them seem more Bollywood” She smiled. “I think they really seemed to like it, so we’ll see what happens.”

                Kim Mi Hi was entering the room with her usual army of suits before approaching the stage.

“Attention V.I.P’s” she began and we fell silent but we could still hear a few people whispering. “It seems that BIGBANG, against my judgment has already made their decision about who will be in their next music video.”

                Everyone in the room died, everyone except me. I smiled weakly at T.O.P’s reminder and I could afford not to become excited. I was too busy noticing everyone else; I could feel the instant change in the atmosphere.  Everywhere sat people clutching their chests and grabbing their faces trying to slow their racing hearts. There were a few bug-eyed faces and gaping mouths but no one dared to make a sound while Mi Hi kept talking.

“The Boys would like to tell you themselves, so please join me in welcoming BIGBANG!!!”

                Okay at that the familiar excitement I had grown accustomed to, came flooding back. Seungri led the group through the fanning tables. I was beaming and cheering along with everyone else. They all waved and walked by us nodding and smiling. When Taeyang passed me he started to point, like to give me a shout out but I shook my head no and he just gave me a huge smile. Daesung walked by the table next and gave a huge smile to Paije who was screaming so loud I thought she was going to run and attack him. G-Dragon played it cool walking by nodding to the various fans. When T.O.P walked by the tables he nodded and smiled shyly at the fans, but when he got to my table he couldn’t keep it anymore. I was screaming his name and cheering so loudly his face opened up to reveal a killer smile, and I swear I heard about a dozen other girls including myself swoon. He jogged up to the stage with the rest of them and they were all there standing casually facing a room with screaming people.

“BIGBANG would like to announce their partners for the music video themselves.” Mi Hi said stepping away from the microphone so G-Dragon could speak.

“Thank you so much! This means so much to us, and we are honored to have so many people audition. The way we’re going to announce is by calling you by your V.I.P ID number? Arresso?

Yes!” We shouted in Korean and he grinned.

“My partner is… V.I.P… 10…426…89! Please come to the stage!”

                Everyone in the room was frantically searching their ID card for numbers. There were shouts of disappointment in every language until we heard a scream come from our table. Had we not known what was going on it would’ve sounded like we were slowly chopping Kendrick into little pieces right at the table. GD’s face had a whip of emotions flash across it, the first being fear. But he hunched it off and smiled.

“Kendrick! Shut up and go!” Egan hollered with laughter.

“I’M COOL MAN! I’M COOL!!!!” Kendrick got up and shook his shoulders before walking smoothly up to the stage to shake GD’s hand.

“I’m gonna about this for the rest of his life” Egan clapped for his friend as Kendrick’s face turned a bright grapefruit red.

                Kendrick and GD stepped to the side of the stage so another member could announce. T.O.P stepped to the stage.

“Okay!” His voice dragged it the word out just like in his songs. “V.I.P 1038927!”

                Everyone returned their attention to their cards and began reading them. More shouts of disappointments and then someone was shouting while jumping up and down in joy. He was cooler than Kendrick, he knew how to rein in his fandom a lot smoother and when he got to T.O.P they both exchanged some words before bowing and shaking hands. Daesung stepped up to the podium and took in a deep breath before speaking.

“V.I.P 1027968” he smiled zoning in on the audience.

                I followed his gaze to a skinny geeky girl. She was clutching her V.I.P card for dear life and I watched her eyes widen in disbelief. She broke into tears and started bawling her eyes out. Daesung stepped down from the podium to go and get her and when she saw him she sobbed even harder.

“Why are you crying?” Daesung smiled.

“ You picked me!”

“Yea” he grinned bigger.

“Why?! We both know I can’t dance!”

                T.O.P laughed a little but then Taeyang flashed him a look and he stopped immediately.  Daesung whispered something in her ear, and whatever he said it gave her enough confidence to grab his extended arm and walk back  with him to the stage.

“V.I.P 1078234” Taeyang breathed into the microphone grabbing all of our attention once again.

                Outburst of disappointment we heard throughout the room until a single piercing scream came from Aaliya at our table. She was having a fit! Jumping up and down frantically, waving her arms and flailing.

“I thought her bias was Seungri” Paije laughed.

“It’s a good thing he didn’t pick her” I smiled. “Besides, Taeyang is really amazing.”

                Aaliya needed no invitation to claim her spot next to Taeyang, she was practically charging the stage like no other V.I.P. Taeyang rubbed her shoulder trying to calm her down but it had the opposite affect, it increased the excitement. Seungri stood in front of the microphone taking in the anticipation. People everywhere were clutching onto their onto their cards for dear life. He smirked before opening his mouth to speak which sent me into a squeal. Because everyone missed it, several people turned their heads to look at me strangely and I smiled totally embarrassed ducking my head down.

“Is everybody ready?” Seungri said into the microphone, trying to hype us up.

Yes!!!” we shouted before falling instantly silent.

“Are you sure?!”

“JUST TELL US THE WINNER!” One man shouted at the stage, startling just about everyone.

Seungri half-glared at the man before reading. “V.I.P 1083328”

                Again disappointment filled the room. I could understand how they felt, they weren’t prepared not to get chosen; not like me.

“Are you ready to leave?” I asked Paije leaning over but she was caught up into the hype. “Paije” I said tugging on her, but it was of no use.

“Dev…”

“What?”

“What’s your V.I.P number?”

                Okay I knew where this was heading.

“Paije, no way!” I said shaking my head in disbelief.

“Check your card” she said with the biggest smile.

“What for?! We both know I didn’t get it”

“Do you see anyone else going up there? You know someone would’ve done something by now.”  

                My face scrunched up at the realization. All of the other winners made theirs known instantly. This was the longest wait that we have had; could it be that I was in denial? But there was no way I could win! T.O.P had promised me that I wouldn’t be chosen from him, which probably meant that he asked the other members not to pick me either. BIGBANG would respect what he wanted; who was I a dedicated crazed fan to break that up?

“Devon Ashford!” Seungri shouted into the microphone, trying to create excitement.

                I had every urge to run after the entire room turned to look at me. Thank the dear Lord above that I couldn’t blush, because I’m sure if I could I’d be this massive color of different shades of red. Seungri was smiling brightly towards me as I sat frozen in my seat.

“Devon, please be my partner.”

                The way he asked it was legit magic. I felt that it was just the two of us somewhere and he was asking for my hand in marriage, and I had to say yes. I very well couldn’t say no; I was in shock but not stupid. I rose from my seat and walked to the stage sweeping my hair to one side before climbing the steps. As I passed the different members I was trying to count my breaths to keep from being scared off the stage from nerves. G-Dragon and Daesung nodded with a small smile, but Taeyang kept the smile he wanted to show and transferred it to a wink instead. I giggled most of the way to Seungri, refusing to look at T.O.P. but I couldn’t help notice his head jerk in my direction as I walked by. Seungri’s eye smiles looked painful, he was grinning before he extended his hand to shake mine. Then he wrapped his arm around my lower back guiding me to where the other members and the winners stood.

“Thank you once again. As you know, the Global Event Concert will be happening in a few days so please keep safe so you don’t miss out!” She smiled warningly. “Thank you again.”

                She disappeared with her army of suits and left the rooftop garden. I spun around to Seungri who’s face was beaming at me. V.I.P’s started leaving the rooftop garden and began going back to their rooms. Egan, Paije and Aania came to the stage to meet up with us and the rest of BIGBANG. When I saw Paije I hopped down from the stage and began fan-girling. I squealed while she danced around in my luck.

“I can’t believe you did this” I squealed turning to face Seungri on the stage, but he had already hopped down to stand near me and Paije.

“Congratulations Devon” Taeyang smiled from the stage guiding Aaliya to where we stood so he could talk with Aania.

I looked at him in amazement, finally understanding. “He put you up to this.”

“I didn’t need anyone to tell me that you're incredible” he said smoothly.

              I suddenly had a strong urge to jump up and down at his charm, but somehow I fought it. Seungri! Freaking Seungri! I had the strongest impulse of my life to sing every song from his solo album and I knew as soon as I got back to the room that was exactly what I was going to do.

“Are you feeling okay?” Taeyang asked me.

I nodded not jinxing anything.

“Well even if she’s not, she’ll have plenty of time to rest” Seungri looked at me warningly.

“How? The event is over after the concert right?” I asked him entirely confused.

“Yea, but we don’t start rehearsals for the video until after.”

“We’re going to focus on giving the best concert we can; then after a really short break, we’ll concentrate on the music video” Daesung spoke out of nowhere. “Hi Paije”

“Hi” Paije responded, her voice shaking as bad as an earthquake.

He smiled at her warmly before returning his attention back to the group.  

“Wait a second…how can they shoot a music video? Don’t we all leave the day after the concert?” Egan asked bringing up a very good point.

“You guys get to stay longer” Taeyang answered him coolly.

                I suddenly knew how it felt to be an audience member at the Oprah Winfrey Show after she told them that she was giving them a car. Not only did we come to Seoul, we met BIGBANG! We got to meet them and talk to them along with an incredible after party at one of the coolest clubs in town. We got to be in a photo-shoot starring them and we were going to go to a BIGBANG concert. And on top of all of this, we were going to be staying in all of this wonderful even…LONGER!!!!!!!

“Thank you Oppa!” I squealed hugging Seungri.

                When I realized that my arms were wrapped tightly around Seungri of BIGBANG, I let him go in an instant remembering the customs in Korea. Horror covered my face as I stepped back as far away as possible. The biggest smile was playing across his face and he bit his lip in laughter.

“I am so sorry Seungri-ssi” I said shaking my head in horror.

“Its fine” he said still smiling. “I’ll see you around.”

                I nodded goodbye before he walked away. When Paije linked her arm through mine it sort of tugged me back to reality, I was so happy about the situation I hugged an idol. Thank God the room was practically cleared when I did it, otherwise I’m absolutely positive that a mob would’ve waited outside the elevator doors. A mob was probably outside the rooftop garden doors waiting for me now anyway.  G-Dragon and Daesung said goodbye to their partners before waving goodbye to the rest of us.

“So I guess I’ll see you guys at the concert?” Taeyang said rubbing Aaliya’s shoulder before high fiving Egan and giving Paije and I a smile.

                We all nodded and agreed and then he too was out of sight. I saw T.O.P looking intently at me, and I quickly dropped my eyes so I wouldn’t have to speak. I tugged on Paije’s arm and we walked towards the elevators with Egan and Kendrick following closely behind.

“Can you believe we get to stay!” Egan yelled pushing the elevator down button.

“I know!” Paije squealed. “This is the most incredible moment of my life!”

“This is really nice of them” I added in. “I hope I don’t get nervous.”

“It’ll be really hard not to when TAEYANG!!!!!!” Aaliya shrieked unable to finish her sentence.

“Devon” a new but familiar voice called after me.

                I turned around to find T.O.P stepping into the elevator lobby.

“H-How-are-a” he stuttered; and it was so adorable. “Are you okay?”

“Yes” I said flustered. “How are you?”

“I’m good” he said trying to convince himself.

“Thank you for changing your mind” I said trying to avoid the awkwardness.

“Oh…I didn’t, but your welcome               ” he smirked at me.

“Thank you anyhow” I grinned before stepping into the elevator.

“Do you think we could-”            

But it was too late; I couldn’t hear anything else because Kendrick was pushing the DOOR CLOSE button allowing the elevator doors to slide shut. He nodded and I watched the elevator doors close allowing me to see his mixed expression. He looked like he wanted to tell or ask me something, but  thanks to Kendrick it was impossible to catch the rest of his sentence. I looked to Kendrick’s smirking face and I couldn’t help but giggle at his expression. He showed no remorse, and as we descended to our floor I realized how he had rescued me from another awkward situation. When the doors finally opened to our floor Paije and I stepped out and began walking down to our room.

“Hey Dev!” Kendrick shouted down the hall, poking his head out of the elevator.

“What Kendrick?” I turned around to say to him.

“You're welcome” he grinned.

“Uh-huh…whatever!”

                I smiled opening the door to my room.