One Spectacular Blaze of Glory

Once In A Lifetime

I glared at that 50,000 Won note hoping that it would suddenly combust into flames from my wishing. I groaned aloud stomping to the elevator doors, jabbing the button summoning the elevator. When the doors opened I marched in and began pounding my fists in the air defeated. I growled the whole ride up fussing aloud with myself.

“Why does he always have to have the upper hand?!” I yelled entering the room after swiping the keycard. “It’s not fair!!!”

                I swung the bedroom door open wide before plopping onto my bed. Paije came in afterwards laughing at me; she was still on a buzz from Daesung. I turned over and began thrashing on my bed which led Paije into a fit of hysterics.  That did it.

“What the hell is your problem?!”

Paije looked at me in shock. “What?”

“Where do you get off telling them about Hyun Joong and me?!” I was pissed.

“What?” She said not understanding why I was upset. “Oh.”

“Yeah…oh.” I said clearly furious.

“Oh c’mon Dev. It’s not that big of a deal!”

“YOU TOLD T.O.P!!!” I screeched but it faded out.

She looked guilty. “They were really worried, I didn’t think it was such a big secret!”

“Paije!” I whined. “It was a huge secret! I can’t believe you told-”

“Oh shut up!” She whipped back at me.

                My eyes flashed open in fury. Oh..no..she..didn’t.

“Sh-Shut up?” I laughed even though nothing was funny.

“Yeah shut up!” She stated firmly. “We both know your not upset with me.”

“Like hell I’m not!” I bellowed. “I mean it’s not like I would ever do that to you? I know when to keep my mouth shut!”

“OH PLEASE!!!”She glared at me. “It’s not my fault your stupid! You're pissed at yourself with what happened with Hyun Joong-”

“AM NOT!” I protested.

“Really?” She said sarcastically. “At least be honest with me if not with yourself!"

"What are you talking about?!" I shouted.

"You! You're miserable and I'm sick of looking at it!"

"I lost a good friend, and you expect me not to be upset?"

"Friend? Hah! You mean to tell me that you never wanted anything else?!”

“Nothing else was possible Paije!”

                   Why couldn't anyone else see that?! There is absolutely no way I could seriously be with an idol! It was official... when it came to this kind of stuff I was right and everyone else was delusional.

“It’s not my fault that you’re a ! And when you go moping around people of course they’re going to ask what’s wrong…it’s common courtesy. So unlike you…I told the truth?”

“The truth” I scoffed.

“Yeah, the truth! You've been practically crying at the drop of a hat for any reason” She spat at me. “It hasn’t been easy for me either! It’s painful to watch” she said at me showing no sympathy.

                I opened my mouth but then bit my lip. I made a face at her wishing I could come up with something clever to say, but finding nothing.

“Look Dev” she said sitting on her bed across from me. “I’m sorry for telling them about Hyun Joong. I really didn’t think it was that big of a deal, it won’t happen again.”

                I looked at her face and I could see that she really meant what she said. I breathed out heavy wanting to cry again. I could already feel my eyes watering up.

“I don’t know what to say” Paije began. “I hate seeing you be so unhappy. It !”

 I cracked a watery smile. “I’m not sure what to say either. But I’m sorry for snapping on you.”

“Just answer me this. Were you in love with him?”

                And I suddenly felt myself take a quick breath. She totally caught me off guard with that question. I asked myself that waiting for an answer and it rang in my head just like if God had spoke to me himself.

“No.” I answered honest. “It’s just the thought of what could have been. The time we spent together was just…nice. When I was with him I felt special and knowing that that’s never going to happen for me again, is why I’m depressed.”

“That is so… awful” she said decidedly.

I looked at her like ‘duh’. “I know I’m not in love with him because from the start I knew it couldn’t happen, I never really let myself get to that point.”

“But why not Devon?” Paije whined.

“Paije” I said her name unyielding. “He’s an idol.”

“But-”

“He’s going to be touring and acting, not to mention when SS501 makes there comeback! Where do I even fit into that? I couldn’t ask him to give that up for me.  I refuse to be the reason for a band splitting up!”

“But you guys can visit?”

I looked at her like she was delusional. “I’m in school Paije! Not to mention that we don’t even live in the same country! It would not work. It’s better this way, I’ll just have to get over it.”

                And after talking about it I did feel better, a huge weight had been lifted off of me. And my eyes stopped watering. I was going to be okay. Knowing that I wasn’t in love with him made me feel loads better. I was just extremely sad that we weren’t going to get a chance to find out. But I chalked it up to life’s experiences and I knew that the worst part of my depression was over.

“Now what happened with T.O.P?”

                I groaned again at the memory. T.O.P was a totally different subject.

“Basically, being the idiot that I am I told him that Hyun Joong and I kissed-”

“YOU WHAT?!!” Paije shrieked covering . “What would make you do something like that?”

“I thought you had already told them” I said smacking my head.

Paije began laughing. “I may be stupid, but I’m not that bad! No wonder you were so upset.”

“Yeah well…T.O.P flipped his lid when I told him” I smiled remembering his face.

“He did not?” Paije hollered with laughter.

I nodded. “I don’t know why he would though-”

                I was cut off by a pillow aimed straight for my face. I moved easily out of the way as the pillow landed on my bed. I looked at Paije confused.

“Why’d you throw that at me?”

“Well…you're so blind I didn’t think you would actually see it was me” she giggled.

“What are you talking about?”

“Never mind, I guess he’ll tell you eventually” she grumbled changing into her pajamas.

“You know who I wish would tell me something…that guy at the front desk” I said wistfully.

“I know right?!” Paije said excited. “Whatever it was, T.O.P sure didn’t want you to know about it!”

“I know…how cruel is that?”

~~~~

                Paije and I were the first ones at the rooftop garden for the farewell breakfast. We sat at our usual table with our name cards elegantly printed indicating our seats. We were both wearing a light colored blouse and a solid color pencil skirt, with our hair elegantly pulled back into a ponytail or up-do. We waited patiently for the others to show up as other V.I.P’s strolled in. Rachel and Madison came to our table a few minutes later and sat down in their assigned seats. Madison smiled at us before seating and she read the card next to her. Her eyes grew bigger in conspiracy.

“Devon, pass me the card next to you” she ordered me and I looked at her confused.

“I don’t think we’re supposed to move the cards Madison” Rachel spoke up.

Madison glared fiercely at her before outstretching her hand towards me.  “I refuse to sit next to Kendrick.”

“So why are you putting him near me?!” I protested.

                But it was too late she was already switching the cards from her seat with the card two seats over.

“I wanted to sit next to Egan!” Rachel whined.  

                Madison rolled her eyes and groaned and switched her card with the seat labeled Aania which was positioned near the ‘honored seat’. Either way the order of our seats had Kendrick sitting next to me on my right with Paije next to me on my left and I was positioned across from the ‘honored seat’. Which was perfectly fine for me, because I knew when T.O.P came to our table he would be totally preoccupied with the fans on either side of him. Aaliya and Aania were the next ones to join us at the table. They sat comfortably at their seats before chattering away happily.

“Are you all set to go home?” Aaliya asked Madison totally bragging.

Paije and I laughed as Madison totally missed this slight dig.

“Oh yes! This trip has been way too long! I’m so ready for American cuisine again!” Madison said oblivious.

“I never want to leave” Rachel started to tear up. “This trip has been amazing!”

“Crying already?” Egan said grinning at her before bending down to kiss her forehead.

“I can’t help it” Rachel smiled. “I’m really going to miss you.”

“Same here, but we’ll work something out” he winked at her sitting.

                Paije nudged me and I automatically knew what she meant. She was trying to tell me that it didn’t matter how far away the person was; if you love each other that’s all that matters. Kendrick nodded to me and Paije before sitting down.  

“I’m not sure how? I can’t afford the long distance calls, let alone the airfare” Rachel laughed hopelessly before taking a sip of orange juice. “But I guess we can email and skype…”

“See?” I made a face at Paije, proving my point that long distance relationships are almost impossible.

“Ah…that is a problem” he said really grave. “But…I guess I can always borrow the family plane-”

“I’m sorry…plane?” I said totally cutting into their conversation. I wasn’t going to let him tiptoe around a ‘plane’. He was going to have to explain. "You have a plane?"

“Wait a tick, I never mentioned that I was bloody rich?”

                All of our eyes popped open. Everyone but Kendrick looked shocked because Egan’s personality made him seem like the rest of us. Kendrick sipped his coffee easily and i looked at him wondering if he was filthy rich as well. He probably was. I could've easily believed it from him than Egan. Egan unlike Kendrick, always seemed down-to-earth. He wasn't arrogant or snotty at all. He was always just an adorable lovable fan-boy.

“Rich?” Madison said looking at his casual appearance in disbelief.

He nodded like we were talking about the weather. “My dad owns a multi-million dollar company, so traveling shouldn’t be to much of a problem.” 

“Rich” Rachel said in confirmation.

“Yea” he said simply.

“Rich?!” Rachel screeched scarring us half to death.

 “I really hope this doesn’t change anything, because Rachel…I really like you. And I was kind of hoping that you felt the same way.”

                Egan looked so adorable; he was so earnest with his confession. His dark brown eyes filling with sincerity. His round face wrinkling in uncertainty with anticipation. This had to be one of the sweetest things I had ever seen. Rachel looked like she wanted to bawl her eyes out but instead she grabbed Egan’s face and they both started an intense kiss. Her hands clenched his face as his eyes opened in surprise before his arms wound around her waist. Everyone at the table had the strongest urge to look away.

 “Does this give you any ideas?” Kendrick leaned into me to whisper, his arm slyly wrapping around the back of my shoulder.

                I slapped myself in embarrassment. I couldn’t believe he was ruining the most romantic moment I had ever seen. I playfully pushed him away and he gave me a smirk.

“You're unbelievable” I said adjusting myself in the seat.  

“You're kind of supposed to wait until after we kiss to say something like that.”

                I chuckled at his comeback before we all were interrupted by Kim Mi Hi over the loud speaker.

“Good Morning V.I.P’s!” She smiled warmly at all of us. “This is truly a bittersweet moment saying goodbye to all of you.”

“It’s totally fine…we’ll be here tomorrow” Aaliya trilled a laugh that had our whole table smiling.

“On behalf of YG Family, we would just like to extend our sincerest appreciation for your continued support throughout the years. BIGBANG would like to personally extend their gratitude, so without further ado…BIGBANG!”

                And one by one V.I.P’s across the room stood up and applauded as they processed in. It was magical, just like if time had stood still. They marched past each table up to the podium to stand in a line. They bowed in front of us before each picking a table to spend some time at. G-Dragon came to us first.

“Hello again everyone” he bowed to us before sitting. “How is everyone?”

“We’re fine” we all answered collectively.

                That is until GD looked at Aania and she busted into a squeal scarring nearly everyone at the table especially GD. We broke into laughter at the fact that she wasn’t used to all of this amazingness by now but eventually she got it back under control.

“I’m really impressed that you still have a voice!” I noted cracking halfway. “I still don’t have mine.”

“I conserved it for this very moment” she confessed embarrassed. “Sorry.”

“Don’t…don’t worry? About it?” GD said hesitantly and Aaliya, Paije, Rachel and myself all sighed at his Engrish.

                It was so adorable.

“Please…tell me your favorite parts?”

“Of the concert?” Paije asked and he nodded. “Baby Goodnight.”

“She’s Gone!”

“Heartbreaker!”

“Butterfly”

“Korean Dream”

“The Leaders”

“Hello”

“Wedding Dress!”

                We all looked at Madison like she had just sprouted a tree from her head. Seriously did she not know the rule. Basically any idol you were talking to at the moment was your current bias. All she had to do was name a song of his, even one that he featured on and she wouldn’t have stuck out so much. To say a song not even relevant to the artist was not only hilarious but embarrassing. Paije choked on her laughter and sipped some water to keep it down. Instead of getting upset he gave her a genuine smile and she returned it back full.

“I’m doing good right Rachel?” Madison whispered loud enough so that everyone could hear.

                GD laughed and continued talking to each one of us, especially Madison and Rachel because they were the only ones from our table who were leaving. I glanced around the table and saw the other members talking to the people stationed at their table. I looked for everyone but T.O.P, I knew it would be tense enough when he got to my table.

“I am so ready to start rehearsals!” Aaliya said excitedly.

“We all have to work extra hard, so that this video will be our absolute best” GD said determined looking at the other tables to give a nod at someone. “It was a pleasure meeting you Rachel and Madison”

“The pleasure was truly mine” Rachel said reverently. “I’ll never forget this for as long as I live.”

GD grinned at her before rising up to leave. “I guess I’ll see the rest of you in…two days?”

                Kendrick nodded coolly while Aaliya and I grinned at each other reveling in the fact that we were going to stay. G-Dragon gave us a final smile before walking to another table as the rest of BIGBANG swiftly rose from their seats to gracefully swap. Taeyang came to our table next with plenty of eye smiles to go around. Egan was practically having fits sitting in the chair next to him, but by now we (including Taeyang) were all used to it.

“Still not used to me yet Egan?” Taeyang said patting him on the shoulder.

“I’m working on it” Egan swallowed hard after his voice cracked.

“How is everyone here?” Taeyang said to all of us.

                We each replied happily to all of his questions. Taeyang was always polite and his answers were always modest but he just radiated positivity. Just like GD he paid close attention to Rachel and Madison, and it gave Madison an opportunity to slowly work her way into the fandom.

“Mr. Sol sir?” She began.

                Taeyang’s head swiveled at the formality. The entire table looked at her questioningly, praying to God that she was finally going to get something right.

“You are officially my bias” she smiled warmly, a small blush tinting her cheeks.

He smiled. “Oh so you like me?”

She nodded. “When you sang Wedding Dress, I decided that you were worthy enough to be my bias.”

                Again, the table felt like a tank of sharks. I felt the strongest urge in the pit of my stomach to defend T.O.P by verbally ripping her head off. While she meant to flatter Taeyang, she disrespected everyone else. And suddenly she looked like a sitting duck surrounded by a pack of hunters, just waiting to pull the trigger. Kendrick opened his mouth to speak but I stomped on his foot, allowing her to have this moment. Which somehow calmed the frenzy. The rest of us though couldn’t control our glaring eyes, and when Taeyang looked around the table his smiles were the only thing to reign us in.

“Well I’m glad you enjoyed the concert” Taeyang said smiling. “Thank you for your support and I look forward to seeing you at our future events-”

“Leaving already?” Aania whined; her doe eyes became bigger with shameless begging.

“Aww” Taeyang said. “You’ll see me again…I promise” he said directly to her.

                 She grinned so big back at him as he winked to her before walking away.  He walked maybe three steps before Paije snapped on Madison.

"Look, I'm  all for you becoming a V.I.P, but it's not just Taeyang performing. They are all talented."

Madison rolled her eyes and swished her hair from one side the other.

"I mean did you not see that concert?! They were all flawlessly incredible" Kendrick explained to her like an adult explaining something to a toddler.

“Well maybe it’s because I couldn’t hear the others over your fan-girling when the Gecko was on stage” Madison laughed. “Nope it’s decided Taeyang is the best.”

                Again I felt a strong urge to verbally tear her to shreds, but I didn’t.

“There are other members in BIGBANG-” Aania began but Madison held up her hand to cut her off.

“And you know I thought about it” she said looking devilishly cute talking with a baby voice. “It was either him, Top hat or  that wannabe Justin Timberlake.”

                The butter knife lying still against my plate suddenly had a golden aura around it. Just one swift stab to the jugular…a quick Sweeny Todd minus the pies. I couldn’t think of a single person who would miss her…I’d be doing everyone a favor.

“Wannabe Justin Timberlake?!” Aaliya growled. “SEUNGRI IS THE PERFECT COMBINATION OF PASSION, TALENT AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE!

 “Top Hat?!” I screeched. “T.O.P IS SO MUCH MORE AMAZING FOR YOU JUST TO CALL HIM TOP HAT!!!! IF ANYTHING HE’D BE AN ENTIRE CLOSET OF TOP HATS…A DEPT. STORE OF TOP HATS…A MUSEUM OF TOP HATS!!!!!!!!!”

“They’re all fools onstage…like seriously? This entire group rips off American music…it’s pathetic.”

                The knife on the table glinted through my peripheral vision daring me to pick it up.

“Chick, don’t make me-”

“You forgot Daesung!” Rachel said quickly cutting off Paije’s threat.

“Oh please Rachel” Madison laughed.

“Why?” Rachel asked quietly. “What’s wrong with Daesung?”

“Except for the fact that he smiles way too much, how about his driving record” She laughed harder. “Like seriously, someone should call the cops every time he get’s into a car, let alone when he drives it”

“Excuse me?” Paije said suddenly sounding like she came from downtown L.A. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means” Madison sneered. “That it’s amazing that he’s not serving time with the way he drives.”

               When I looked at Madison, all I saw was sniper vision. The target was locked and all I needed to do was take her out. How awful could she be? We all knew she was making reference to Daesung’s unfortunate accident, and I prayed to God that he was nowhere in earshot. Paije shot up out of her seat lunging for Madison across the table. I grabbed her around the waist keeping her from making an even bigger mistake.

“YOU ARE SUCH A !” Paije screamed at her. “YOU DON’T DESERVE TO BE HERE!!!!”

“Why?” Madison grinned evilly folding her arms. “Because I don’t know the songs or your stupid little fan chants? Or is it because I refuse to support a murderer!”

                   That did it…this chick had to die. I couldn’t figure out why she was behaving like this. Daesung never did anything to her or to anyone? It didn’t make sense why she seemed to target him. Then out of nowhere Rachel stood up and punched Madison, sending her crashing to the floor. But that wasn’t the end of it. Rachel jumped on top of her and began slapping her like an infant in trouble. Paije kept trying to get away from my grasp so she could help Rachel but Rachel didn’t need it. Kendrick, Aaliya and Aania began hollering with laughter. Poor Egan was left with the task of trying to separate the two; which was pretty hard because Rachel held on to Madison for dear life. Her hands grasped tightly around  showed no signs of letting her breathe let alone letting her go. Next thing we know other V.I.P’s are looking at our table while the beautiful Brazilian girl who organized the Daesung Don’t Cry chant was shouting things at Madison in Portuguese.

“Ease up Rach! Let her breathe!” Egan begged tugging on Rachel’s body.

“No! Let’m be mate! She earned it” Kendrick shouted continuing to laugh.

                Paije on the other hand had lost it. I was hanging onto her with all of my strength and she must’ve been working out because I felt like I was wrestling a bear! Paije was shouting threats at her still lunging and swinging her arms to get a piece of Madison. Somehow Egan pulled Rachel off of her and was holding her tightly by the waist. Staff members from YG started coming over to see what the commotion was about, but it was too late. The damage had been done. Madison was taking full advantage of the God given gift of air. She spent a good minute breathing in and out at the unlimited resource. Her lip was busted and bleeding, not to mention she had scratches all over her face. You could tell that her face was starting to swell in certain places and

where she would develop bruises in a few days. Her face was blotchy and red with her hair wild and all over the place. It was official… Rachel had messed her up.

“What…the..hell…is… wrong… with you!” She spat at Rachel wiping the blood from .

“YOU! I’M SO SICK OF YOU AND YOUR CRAP! I’M TIRED OF THE GIANT STICK UP YOUR THAT MAKES MY LIFE DREADFUL!!! I TRIED TO BE NICE TO YOU FOR MY DAD’S SAKE…BUT TO HELL WITH HIM AND TO YOU!” Rachel shouted at her. “YOU'RE A MISERABLE SELFISH BACKSTABING WITH NO FRIENDS!!! AND YOU CAN GO TO HELL FOR ALL I CARE…I’M DONE WITH YOU!!!”

“You –You can’t be done with me-”

“I AM! Insulting Daesung was the final straw!!!”

“Did you forget that I’m the only thing standing in the way of your family being homeless and unemployed!!!” She screeched.

                This chick was really loosing it. I swear, Madison was having a mental and emotional breakdown right in front of everyone. On any other day this would’ve been hilarious, but with all of these high emotions it was hard to laugh.   

“My dad and I will be fine. Especially considering the fact that we won’t have to see you or your rich- family ever again!” Rachel said confidently.

“You have no where to go! You have no money! You're going to regret this!”

“No I’m not” Rachel said happily. “But I’m pretty sure that you on the other hand, will grow up to be a more worse version of yourself right now…and realize that you are completely alone!”

                The entire room erupted into applause. Even Malik, the beautiful chocolate boy who had been spending so much time with Madison, was cheering.  We all were chanting Rachel’s name and cheering her on. She had finally stood up for herself. Madison on the other hand let out a piercing scream that should have killed her from the high frequency, but she limped out of the rooftop garden glaring at all of us as she left. Rachel never looked so cool, especially with an epic blaze of glory waving behind her. She sat down and drank her orange juice acting completely normal. Poor Egan looked like he was about to collapse from exhaustion.

“Rachel that was amazing!” Aaliya said approvingly.

“She shouldn’t have insulted my Dae” Rachel responded coolly. “Besides…I wanted the satisfaction of hitting her myself.”

“I know what you mean” Paije glared at me.

                I knew she would be upset with me for the time being, but what kind of friend would I be if I let her get into a fight. Although I probably would’ve done the same thing if she kept insulting T.O.P.

“Who’ve thought that little Rachel had spunk?” Kendrick commending her. “Well done.”

                And the entire table was happy for what seemed two seconds. Kim Mi Hi was walking swiftly to our table.

“Miss Rachel” she began sternly. “That sort of behavior is completely unacceptable! I must ask you to leave immediately.”

“It’s cool” Rachel shrugged off unaffected.

                She grabbed a piece of toast before gracefully standing up to leave.

“I’ve never been more ” Egan said totally flustered.

                Rachel smiled before kissing him on the cheek preparing to exit the room.

“Miss Rachel!” a male voice called after her.

                It was Daesung and dressed in his casual suit and vest, he looked more glorious than ever.

“I just wanted to say thank you” he said stepping forward to hug her.

                Everyone watched as his strong arms gently wrapped themselves around her, catching her as she melted. Her knees bucked out from under her as she sighed. Daesung chuckled low before propping her up to step away.

“I heard what she said, and I saw what you did” he laughed. “I can’t believe someone would do something like that for me-”

“I would’ve gotten there first, if Devon hadn’t held me back” Paije grumbled low enough so that only Kendrick and I could hear.

“I just want you to know that I will never forget it. It meant a lot to me” Daesung said with watery eyes but his voice was steady.

“You…mean a lot to us” Rachel said crying with a smile.

                Rachel walked away waving at the passerby’s before turning around to bow. It had to be the most badass exit I had ever witnessed. When did she become so cool?

                Daesung left our table and walked out of the room while things settled back down.

“What a breakfast?!” Aania said happily.

“I just can’t believe the nerve her! Making fun of BB at a V.I.P event! What Was she suicidal?!” I shouted.

“And what she said about Seungri! He’s so much better than Justin Timberlake! He’s an icon!!!!” Aaliya flared her anger.

“What about T.O.P?!” I screeched. “He’s one of the most cool and talented rappers on this planet!”

“I am?” that beautifully deep voice said from behind me.

                I swear my large intestine dropped out of my and crawled up on the table to make faces at me. I was that embarrassed.

“Did you hear any one say that? Like- I don’t remember- that-uh-huh?” I stuttered.

                He smiled before sitting down in the same spot as Taeyang.

“I heard the whole thing” he smirked to me. “You said that my ‘amazing’ could fill up department stores and closets. No –wait a ‘museum’!” he laughed hard as I sunk myself lower into my seat.

“If I remember correctly I think I was talking about hats” I lied but when he looked at me the lie shot itself in the face before dying.

                And we both laughed, enjoying the simplicity of the moment.

~~~~

okay so...i know it was epically cruel for the character madison to bring up dae's accident in the story, but i've actually heard people bash him like this and i just found myself wishing that i could just physically assault them...but because this is a story and i can make anything i want happen, i allowed the character rachel to beat her to a pulp.

I support Daesung...I support BIGBANG...I am a V.I.P!!!

so hopefully you are enjoying this story...i'm so honored that you would take time out to read my stuff. your comments and subscriptions really make my days :)

you guys are the best and thank you.

much love...pce!