(7) 2nd Night (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO


 


 
Haeri kept on spacing out when she was freshening herself, dressing and preparing her appearance. She couldn't ease herself down. Jihwan.. He showed up, asking for chance to talk. Haeri knew and remembered the way she felt when in sudden Jihwan left Seoul to Jeju Island, leaving her alone with her problems. But.. But.. There was something. Seeing Jihwan acted that way. She just knew that was something.

"Are you ready yet?" Hyunjoong showed up at the bedroom's door.

Haeri sighed heavily before applying mascara slowly and her favorite lipstick as a closing. "Yeah." She stood up and took her purse before she walked slowly toward Hyunjoong.

Hyunjoong squinted his eyes. "What is wrong?"

"Hm?" Haeri lifted her sight and saw Hyunjoong's confused expression. "Nothing. Let's go." She walked up front absentmindedly.

Hyunjoong chuckled low. It must be that Jihwan guy! Well.. He needed her for the next six months or his Appa would take the position away. So, it was no way Kim Hyunjoong let anyone, any guy, touched his wife now. As for you, Jung Haeri. Just bear with it. Hyunjoong smirked widely before he followed Haeri.





"I feel like driving alone."

"....."

"Don't you want to talk about anything?"

"Hm?"

"About your boutique? Your friends? Your blonde hairs? Your weird attitude? Anything?"

"No."

"Come on, Haeri! Don't put that kind of face in front of my family. They will know that we are fake."

"I am sleepy."

"Yah!!"

"Wake me up when we are there."

"Tsk, this woman!"
Hyunjoong looked at Haeri who crossed her hands over her chest and closed her eyes. She was wearing gold long dress with V short cut up front. She put light make up and a gold pin on her hairs. Haeri looked mature and beautiful in front of Hyunjoong's eyes. She was stunning. He was nearly praising her if she wasn't that silent and cold.

Just when Hyunjoong threw his sight back to the street, Haeri snapped her eyes open. Gosh, she couldn't erase this afternoon memory. Kang Jihwan. What was wrong? Why you chose to show up at this very moment?





 




"Let's grab something to eat." Kim Tan stood up in sudden while the rest, Minhyuk, Bona and Shinhye just raised their faces and looked at him. "We'll continue this after."

"We are nearly done. Just a little more. Finish this first then both of you is free to go." Shinhye looked back to the laptop.

Kim Tan squinted his eyes. Playing hard to get, huh? I would tame you, nerd. You would be definitely mine! He threw his sight to Bona, staring at her meaningfully.

Bona understood it all. She had spent quite some times with the Kims to understand their little wishes. "Hmm, Minhyuk. How about both of us go to the nearest restaurant to buy some foods?"

Minhyuk looked at Bona. "We better ask them to deliver the foods."

Bona smirked and stood up. She hurriedly grabbed Minhyuk's hand and dragged him to stand up. "I have been sitting too long. My hip hurts. I need to walk a little. Please, accompany me."

"But.."
Minhyuk looked at Shinhye then Kim Tan. He felt it. Something was wrong. He just couldn't leave Shinhye alone with that man. Oh no, he couldn't.

Bona took her bag and dragged Minhyuk along. "We won't be long."

Kim Tan grinned widely. Nice work, Bona. I would give you diamond earrings after I tamed this woman. He looked at nervous Shinhye. "So, about the collections. Sparks has thirty five themes?"

"Uhm.. Yes."
Shinhye propped her glasses and hung her head low to her books.

"Hmm.. where do you live?"

"Huh?"

"How do you get here?"

"Hm.. By bus."

"I see."


Shinhye was gulping hard silently. Kim Tan could see through the movement on , making him grinning widely even more. "Are you tonight? I mean, if you don't mind, I want to take you home."

Shinhye looked at him swiftly. "What? Why?"

Kim Tan smirked. "I just want to."

Shinhye's brows furrowed. "Then, no. I am not free and I do mind if you are taking me home." She looked at her laptop screen.

Kim Tan smirked wider. Oh good. Hard to get. As he expected before. Just great.



 




 





"So, what are we going to eat?" Bona asked as she walked beside Minhyuk, clinging her hand over his arm. She looked around, seeing her surroundings.

Minhyuk glimpsed to Bona and felt a bit uncomfortable about her hand on his. "Italian? Japanese? Korean? Chinese? Indonesian? Western?" Minhyuk asked back as he tried to shove her hand slowly with no success. Bona was not letting him go.

"Hmm.." Bona rubbed her chin with her free hand. "Chinese?"

Minhyuk nodded as he turned his body along with Bona. "This way."

"You are so familiar with this place."

"Yes. Been here for quite some times."

"Because of her? Mr Kim's wife?"
Bona felt that Minhyuk's body stiffened when she mentioned about Haeri. Hmm.. Something fishy here. She sensed it.

Minhyuk nodded. "Yes. Because of Haeri."

Bona nodded. "Both of you are close?" Now, she witnessed him smiled widely. His eyes roamed around, as if he was remembering the blonde small lady. Bona pouted. She suddenly felt annoyed.

"We knew each other since babies. We are twin without blood relation."

Bona's eyes widened. "Twin? I thought both of you love each other."

"Love?"
Minhyuk chuckled. "I love her alright. As my twin. That's all."

"And, her?"


Minhyuk stopped the walking. Bona raised her face and saw the chinese restaurant. "Haeri? She feels the same way."

Relief washed Bona thoroughly. Why in sudden she had this interest to this common man? Well.. She couldn't tell.





 



Hyunjoong grabbed Haeri's hand and put it around his arm. "Don't complaint. They have to believe that we are real. And, please put your happy face."

"Hmm.."
Haeri responded. She didn't want to argue anything. Her mind was still fully occupied with Jihwan.

Hyunjoong noticed that Haeri was still spacing out. He cursed inside. He was wrong after all. That Jihwan guy was something. He bothered her that much. Damn it!

"Who are they?" Haeri asked when she spotted three people stood near the double doors, waiting for them.

Hyunjoong snorted as he saw them. "Appa, Eomma and my Noona."

"Your Noona?"


Hyunjoong. "Kim Minseo."

"Oh."

"Don't you know anything about me or my family?"

"Nope. I haven't searched it at Google."

"Mwo?"
Hyunjoong shook his head. This woman! She was seriously getting into his nerves!

And, they reached them. Hyunjoong bowed deeply to the elders and Haeri followed through. The elders bowed slightly in response. "Appa, Eomma, Noona.. I hope you all fine." He looked at Haeri who smiled shyly. "Let me introduce you to my wife here, Kim Haeri."

Heari bowed deeply again as her face flushed all over. Gosh! This was all fake and yet, she still managed to blush. Seeing Haeri that shy, that nervous, that adorable, Hyunjoong couldn't help to smile widely with proud. Never as in NEVER. He never had a woman this shy, this nervous, and this adorable. When he took his sight from Haeri and watched his family, he could tell that they loved her. His family was fallen in love with his fake wife.

"Haeri, nice to finally see you." Minseo walked closer to Haeri, hugged her shortly before planting pecks at Haeri's cheeks. "Stunning lady, where were you before?"

"Hm?"

"Hyunjoong kept on giving us headache with the women he brought us before. But, I see that you are different."
Minseo stated.

Haeri giggled nervously. Of course she was different! She was not his woman. She was simply his wife in contract. If only you knew.

"Haeri, welcome." Mrs Kim said.

"Mrs Kim." Haeri bowed again.

"Don't be too formal. You are family now." Mrs Kim grabbed Haeri's hand and dragged her inside.

"A wife?" Mr Kim asked Hyunjoong as they followed the lady.

Hyunjoong smiled and nodded. "A wife, Appa."

"She isn't like your usual women."

"She is my wife. Not my usual women. She is my lady."
Hyunjoong felt a loud PANG inside his heart. Damn it! What was that?

Mr Kim nodded. "I see." And, he walked in.

Hyunjoong blanked out for a while before he managed to compose himself and followed the others.





 




"Sushi? Sashimi?” Haeri's eyes widened in surprise.

Mrs Kim nodded. "Yes. Hyunjoong told me that these are your favorites."

"And, mine too."
Minseo added. "So, we decided to have these as our dinner. Serve yourself, Haeri. Well, I am." She winked one of her eyes to Haeri, earning a huge smile from her.

Haeri turned her face to Hyunjoong and smiled widely. "Thank you. This is my greatest mood booster. I am all good now." She giggled and took a slice of Salmon Sashimi.

Hyunjoong exhaled in relief after he saw Haeri's wide smile and her giggles. Gosh! It was much better to see her that way. He leaned closer to Haeri and whispered, "A passionate kiss will do."

Uhuk! Uhuk! Uhuk! Haeri coughed and tapped her chest continuously. Was it the wasabi, wrong pipe or she was simply shocked, she couldn't tell. She took a glass of Ocha that Hyunjoong offered. She gulped it slowly as she felt her back was tapped softly by Hyunjoong.

"Kwenchana?" Hyunjoong asked.

Haeri turned her face and saw Hyunjoong's smug expression. "Tsk!" Without second thought, she crashed her high heel into Hyunjoong's shoes.

"OOWWW!!!" Hyunjoong shouted as he dropped his chopsticks, making the others gasped in shock. "YAAAHHH!! WHAT THE -" Hyunjoong held his tongue when sanity crushed into him as he rubbed his foot. Luckily he was wearing a shoes, if not.. It would have bleed.

Haeri glimpsed to him ignorantly and resumed her eating as if nothing happened.

"Hyunjoong, what was wrong?" Mr Kim asked.

Hyunjoong placed back his foot to the floor and raised his body. "Nothing, Appa." He faked a smile. Stinging pain was strongly strong at his right foot. He glared at Haeri while she just smiled at him cutely.

"Hubby, kwenchana?"

Aishh! You were so dead, Missy! "I am so fine, Wifey." Hyunjoong answered between his gritted teeth.

"Sashimi?" She placed an Octopus Sashimi over Hyunjoong's plate.

"So thoughtful." Again, he faked a smile.

Mr Kim, Mrs Kim and Minseo watched them in confusion. They knew that she stepped her heel onto Hyunjoong's foot. They knew that they faked the smiles. They knew that legally they were husband and wife. But, beyond that.. Something was wrong.

But.. Mrs Kim's lips curled up. Maybe.. Just maybe.. She was all that he needed. She was strong and so not in love with her son. Jung Haeri.. Eh, Ani.. It was Kim Haeri. Her son chose her to be his wife. For real or not. It didn't even matter now.


Mr Kim, Mrs Kim and Minseo didn't know. It wasn't Hyunjoong who chose. It was her, Jung Haeri who chose to be his wife. For money. But now, she was stuck. Totally.





 




"We will stay at Seoul for a week before heading back to France. Come and visit, Haeri." Mrs Kim said the moment they bid goodbyes.

"Hmm.. Of course, Mrs Kim."

"Told you. Call me Eomma."


Haeri glimpsed at Hyunjoong and found him talking to his Appa. Eomma? That was not too much if she was Hyunjoong's true wife. But, she wasn't. Haeri gulped hard. "Hmm.. Eomma."

"See.. It is not that hard. You are able to call Minseo Eonni, so it is also easy for you to call me Eomma, right?"


Haeri giggled nervously and unconsciously moved closer to Hyunjoong, pressing herself, seeking for help. Hyunjoong turned his face and found Haeri’s nervous expression. When their eyes locked, he knew that she felt unease. She wanted help. A help for bringing her away from the place.


 
Hyunjoong wrapped Haeri’s waist and pulled her closer. “Till then all.”


 
“Not till then, Hyunjoong. I am going to have lunch with Haeri tomorrow.” Minseo winked at Haeri.


 
Haeri just giggled shortly in response.


 
“And, me too.” Mrs Kim suddenly said.


 
Haeri’s eyes widened in shock. “I- We are- hm preparing for Sparks-“


 
“Let me handle that, Wifey. Go and have ladies day with them.” Hyunjoong cut her up.


 
Haeri glared at smirking Hyunjoong. While Haeri felt trapped. Hyunjoong felt extremely relief. Good, they all bought it. Plan succeeded.


 
“Good nite.” Hyunjoong and Haeri bowed deeply before turning their bodies and walked away, heading to Hyunjoong’s car.


 


 


 


 
“They will know.. THEY WILL KNOW!!” Haeri blubbered endlessly, panicking.


 
“What?”


 
“That I am all fake! I know nothing about you. As in NOTHING!”


 
“Easy.. We will work it out.”


 
“How?”


 
“Question and answer. Tonight.”


 


 



 
TEASER


 
“First Kiss?”


 
“My Senior High Math Teacher, Mrs Oh.”


 
“Really? WOW!”


 
“Next?”


 
“First ?”


 
“My Senior High Math Teacher, Mrs Oh.”


 
“YOU CAN’T BE REAL!!”


 
“What? She was hot. She was every male student’s wet dream.”