(22) 5th Morning (1/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

Just yesterday they saw Mr Kim with that woman. Just yesterday Mrs Kim looked devastated and hurt. Just yesterday, for the first time since she worked for the Kim, Minhwa felt totally irritated over Hyunjoong, taking Haeri’s side. But now, this very morning, she witnessed Haeri ate happily and finished her breakfast in snap. There were no sign of sorrow anymore. Wait, what happened?

 

 

 

 

 

“Ahjumma, is there something wrong with my face? Or do I eat funnily?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Eh,”

 

 

 

 

 

“You glued your sight over me since I got my first bite.” Haeri smiled.

 

 

 

 

“Ugh- No- It was just-“

 

 

 

 

 

“You left the pancake on your cheek.” Hyunjoong who just entered the kitchen snapped making Haeri automatically held her cheeks, trying to spot the left over pancake. And, she found none. Hyunjoong smirked when he saw Haeri’s annoyed expression. He definitely preferred that expression than the cold one.

 

 

 

 

“Pancake, Mr Kim?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Yes, please. With extra fruits.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Apple?”

 

 

 

 

 

“And, grapes.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Please wait a minute.”

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong placed himself next to Haeri, over the stool. “You are not dressed yet.” He looked at Haeri’s casual outfit.

 

 

 

 

“Dressed? Why should I?” Haeri gulped her milk.

 

 

 

 

“Don’t you want to visit Sparks?”

 

 

 

 

Haeri nodded. “At ten.”

 

 

 

 

Minhwa put a cup of coffee in front of Hyunjoong, which he took in snap. “Get ready now. I’ll drive you.”

 

 

 

 

 

“No need. I’ll take cab.”

 

 

 

 

 

“I told you that I will drive you. It is cheaper that way. You can save the money for our trip.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Our trip? We are going somewhere?”

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong sipped his coffee before he nodded. “Our honeymoon trip.”

 

 

 

 

 

“In your dream!” Haeri snapped before she took her grapes and started to eat it.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong chuckled. “Seriously, Eomma offered us tickets to Europe. Milan, Paris, London.. You name it.”

 

 

 

 

Haeri’s eyes brightened. Europe? Milan? Paris? London? O.M.G! She never.. She seriously never had imagined touching those cities. Even in her dream.  Well.. Since her parents leaved her alone in this world, since she faced difficulties with the boutique, she stopped dreaming about such thing. The sole purpose in her life was how to make herself and Sparks stayed alive.

 

 

 

 

“Passport-“

 

 

 

 

 

“I have passport. But.. I don’t think that is still valid though.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Give it to me. I will check and handle it.”

 

 

 

 

Minhwa put Hyunjoong’s plate in front of him along with a glass of water.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong took his fork. “So? Which one?”

 

 

 

 

Haeri grinned widely. “I will google it first.”

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong rolled his eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“One cappuccino.”

 

 

 

 

“Thank you.” Shinhye took her cappuccino and walked away from the counter. She glimpsed at her wristwatch and noticed that it was almost nine. She believed that her friends were not at the boutique yet. So.. A me time would not kill.

 

 

 

 

Shinhye directed herself at the corner table that faced the road. A silent moment.. Before she had to deal with all messiness up front. She just had this feeling that something would happen today. She had no idea what, but something big, something important, something-

 

 

 

 

“Morning, Jagiya!”

 

 

 

 

OH.NO.

 

 

 

 

Shinhye carefully turned her face. And, due to her fear, she spotted Kim Tan smiled widely behind her. Her eyes enlarged in shock. “What are you doing here?” She couldn’t help to ask.

 

 

 

 

“Grabbing a cup of coffee.” He answered as he sat at the empty chair next to her. “The espresso here is extra ordinary.”

 

 

 

 

Shinhye tilted her head. “I never saw you here before.” And, she was sure of that. Besides, this was her favorite coffee shop. She had been visiting the shop for years now and she swore she never encountered Kim Tan at the place.

 

 

 

 

Kim Tan smirked meaningfully.

 

 

 

 

“You followed me?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Ah, you got me!” Tan laughed.

 

 

 

 

“Sir, your coffee.”

 

 

 

 

Shinhye raised one of her brows. What was that? They never as in NEVER did that to anyone before. Everyone should queue at the counter and took the coffee there all by themselves. Don’t tell, me..

 

 

 

 

“This is your coffee shop.” Shinhye stated as she made a mental promise that she would never come here anymore.

 

 

 

 

Tan sipped his coffee slowly. “Nope. Coffee Shop is never my thing.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Then?”

 

 

 

 

 

“A very close friend of mine owns this place.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Figure.” Shinhye mumbled before she sipped her coffee slowly.

 

 

 

 

Kim Tan smiled and threw his sight toward the road, silently enjoying his coffee, the morning and her company.

 

 

 

 

Shinhye pressed her back to the chair with troubled mind. This morning the bastard looked different. He used to annoy her to death. But, not today.. Secretly, she glimpsed toward him and found him lost in his mind. Hm..

 

 

 

 

“I cherish silent morning before I have to face the ed-up-ness later on.” He muttered.

 

 

 

 

Shinhye snapped her head and gazed at him intently. Kim Tan closed his eyes slowly and sighed in satisfaction, not bother to look back at her. Hmm.. He seemed that he meant it. So.. They valued the same thing.

 

 

 

 

Shinhye turned her face again and drank her coffee slowly, trying not to feel bothered with his company.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Put your seatbelt on.”

 

 

 

 

Haeri hurriedly put her seatbelt on. “Still too early for me, Hyunjoong.” She pouted. “Shinhye and double J will be there around ten.” She glanced at her wristwatch.

 

 

 

 

“I will give you company. Besides, I want to see your latest design.”

 

 

 

 

In sudden, she remembered something. “If you don’t mind, I have a quite spacious room at your apartment. How about turning a corner of it into my working place?” Haeri smiled imagining herself worked alone inside the room. That would be awesome. So, if she didn’t feel like coming to the boutique, she didn’t have to.

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong cocked his head a little, thinking. Hmm.. That sounded good to him. “I will contact Tan.”

 

 

 

 

 

“Really? Thank you!”

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong grinned playfully then he literally gave his cheek toward her, making Haeri moved backward in snap. He tapped his cheek with his pointy finger.

 

 

 

 

Haeri smacked his arm hard, earning a huge grin from Hyunjoong. “You are still you.”

 

 

 

 

He chuckled “Still me. Already perfect anyway.”

 

 

 

 

“You and your confidence disgust me sometime, Hyunjoong.”

 

 

 

 

 

“If you feel like throwing up, you will find a plastic bag behind your seat.”

 

 

 

 

Haeri rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BUZZ!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong took out his phone from his jacket’s pocket. When he saw the caller, he sighed deeply. “Yes?” He greeted after he pressed yes button.

 

 

 

 

“What’s with that voice?” Minseo asked from the other side, annoyed.

 

 

 

 

“Nothing. What is it?” Hyunjoong started to drive his car away. He focused his sight toward the road.

 

 

 

 

“Is Haeri with you?”

 

 

 

 

“Yes. I am driving her to her boutique. Do you want to talk to her?” He glimpsed at Haeri who looked back at her blankly. “Minseo Noona.” He mouthed and Haeri nodded in response.

 

 

 

 

“No need. Be here in fifteen minutes you two. We are waiting.”

 

 

 

 

“Mwo? What for?”

 

 

 

 

“Harabeoji wants to meet you and Haeri.”

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong sighed deeply. What again? After what happened and that man was still alive? Looked like the angel of death hated him too. “I can’t, Noona. I have a very important meeting-“

 

 

 

 

 

“Already rescheduled. I called Bona before I reached you. As the matter of fact, your schedule for today is already cleared.”

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong shook his head in disbelief. But again, he knew his Noona. And, he was aware of her great capability in ruining everybody’s life. But.. Seeing Harabeoji.. Their last encounter with Harabeoji Kim was not that good. Haeri snapped over him continuously before leaving him speechless. Hmm… Does he expecting another good show from his little wife? Hyunjoong couldn’t help to chuckle.

 

 

 

 

“Kim Hyunjoong! Be here ini thirteen minutes.”

 

 

 

 

“Arrasso, beautiful Noona. We are on our way there.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tut! Tut! Tut!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hyunjoong grinned widely as he imagined Haeri bickering over his Harabeoji. Oh.. There will be good show to watch. Then, he chuckled, feeling amused.

 

 

 

 

“Something funny?”

 

 

 

 

 

“Nope.”

 

 

 

 

Haeri took out her phone and browsed for latest hot design at Paris. Oh my! She is going there next week!! Haeri smirked widely. A dream come true! Definitely a dream come true!! When she was deep in her thought, she heard him chuckling. In snap, she turned her face and found him smirking. “Why you keep on smiling like a lunatic?"

 

 

 

 

“Hmm?” Hyunjoong glanced back at her. “Oh, nothing."

 

 

 

 

Haeri raised one of her brows. Oh.. He aimed for something not good. And, she could feel it.