(23) 5th Morning (2/2)

It takes TWO TO TANGO
 
Another update! Hehehe.. Surprise! Because I was simply on fire. But to be honest.. Still have no idea for the upcoming scene. So.. anticipating quite long hiatus for this story.
 
 


 
 
 
“Hyunjoong, where are we going to?” Haeri finally asked when she noticed that they were not heading to the Mall.
 
 
 
Hyunjoong smirked. “Kim Residence.”
 
 
 
 
Haeri enlarged her eyes. “Mwo?” Oh no! “Why?”
 
 
 
 
“Noona asked us to come. I don’t know why. Maybe it relates to the upcoming wedding ceremony.” He smoothly lied to her. He couldn’t risk telling her that Harabeoji was waiting for them or she would run away and the good show would never be there.
 
 
 
 
Haeri furrowed her brows. Minseo Eonni? Really? Why she had this feeling that Minseo Eonni had nothing to do with this? That she was not the sole reason of them coming to Kim Residence. Besides, Hyunjoong and Minseo Eonni.. They were like cat and dog. He would never obey her in snap. “Minseo Eonni?”
 
 
 
 
Hyunjoong nodded.
 
 
 
 
“And?”
 
 
 
 
 
“And what?”
 
 
 
 
 
“She wasn’t the main reason. Tell me, Hyunjoong. Or I’ll jump from this car.”
 
 
 
 
Hyunjoong turned his face fast.
 
 
 
 
“Literally.” Haeri resumed.
 
 
 
 
Hyunjoong laughed. “Of course.”
 
 
 
 
 
“So?”
 
 
 
 
 
“Just Minseo Eonni.”
 
 
 
 
Haeri folded her hands over her chest. “If I find you lying to me, you’ll be dead body by tomorrow.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Ooowww~ I~ amm~ scarrredd~” Hyunjoong .
 
 
 
 
Haeri scoffed in annoyance. He would definitely be dead body by tomorrow. Hmm.. AHA! Haeri grinned widely when she got an idea.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Sorry for not taking you last night.” Tan said as he drove slowly toward AM Mall.
 
 
 
 
“For not taking me last night?” Shinhye asked in confusion. What last night? Oh, maybe the Gala Haeri mentioned before.
 
 
 
 
“The annual gala dinner. I believed Haeri told you that she was going with Hyunjoong?”
 
 
 
 
See.. She was guessing right. Shinhye nodded.
 
 
 
 
“I know that the gala things are not your things. So, instead of arguing with you or forcing you to accompany me, I better excluded you.” He explained. “I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable”
 
 
 
 
The explanation sent a jolt of shock directly into her heart. He knew her that well? How could.. Wait Shinhye, he was a total playboy! Watch your back! Be careful! In snap, she was in full alert.
 
 
 
 
Kim Tan chuckled shortly. “Don’t be like that.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Like what?”
 
 
 
 
 
“Like I am taking my time to attack you.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Well, don’t you?”
 
 
 
 
 
“Nope.” He answered fast.
 
 
 
 
“Then?”
 
 
 
 
Warm smile plastered on Tan’s face. His eyes wandered around, as if he was memorizing something. “These last few days, I got this unbelievable sight. Something that I always thought- I never expected to witness it with my own eyes in this lifetime.”
 
 
 
 
Shinhye cocked her head a little. What was he talking about?
 
 
 
 
“It made me think that there may be second chance for guys like us, like me.” He muttered.
 
 
 
 
Shinhye lost in confusion but she said nothing. She had no interest toward him anyway. And, she thought that keeping shut was the best. But again, she could help to wonder the point of his blabbering.
 
 
 
 
Tan turned his face and glanced to silent Shinhye. “Have you noticed the changes of your friend?”
 
 
 
 
Huh? “The changes of my friend? Who?”
 
 
 
 
 
“Your boss, of course.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Everything that you said before related to Haeri?” Shinhye asked.
 
 
 
 
Tan nodded. “Her and my best friend, Hyunjoong.”
 
 
 
 
 
“What is wrong with them?” Shinhye tried to take note of what had happened to her boss since he met that man. Haeri was still Haeri. She was cheerful, happy go lucky kind of type, full of smiles and laughter.. Eh, wait! Yesterday… She did change. So, Jaejoong was right. The cause of it was that man, Kim Hyunjoong.
 
 
 
 
“They are unconsciously pulling each other, tying themselves. They will come to a stage that they will not let each other go.” His voice softened. “I know Hyunjoong for eternity. I know him very well. We are closer than brothers with blood relation. And, he.. He is changing. For the better, I can tell. Haeri is the center of it.”
 
 
 
 
Shinhye stunned by his explanation. Really? But, they just knew each other for days now. This fast?
 
 
 
 
“Even yesterday and last night..” Tan chuckled as he remembered what happened to Hyunjoong when Haeri denied him and walked away from him.
 
 
 
 
“And, you are telling me this because?”
 
 
 
 
 
“Because I want you to help them.”
 
 
 
 
 
“How?”
 
 
 
 
 
“I will help Hyunjoong finding his true feeling toward her. And, I am expecting you to do the same.”
 
 
 
 
 
“But- Haeri is in love with Jihwan Oppa. And, she barely knows Mr Kim. In addition-“ Shinhye sighed. “I don’t want her to be hurt.”
 
 
 
 
Kim Tan laughed. “In love with who? That is bull! If she is in love with that man, he will do anything to keep her and Haeri will do the exact same thing. But look what happen now? She is married to my friend. And, marriage is not something you can play with. It is ok to fall in a marriage without love. But, once you are inside, fighting to keep everything intact is a dead price you have to pay.”
 
 
 
 
Again, Shinhye got paralyzed by his words. Oh my! This other side of Kim Tan seriously shocked her to death. She would never imagine him- God!
 
 
 
 
And, the car was stopped. They were already at AM Mall.
 
 
 
 
Shinhye silently gathered her things, unbuckled her belt and opened the door.
 
 
 
 
“Park Shinhye.”
 
 
 
 
Shinhye stopped her movement and turned her face. At the same time, Kim Tan leaned forward, cupped her face and kissed her lightly.
 
 
 
 
“Thanks for listening.” He moved backward. “If I finish those meetings early, I will come and take you for dinner.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Hm..” Shinhye didn’t answer. She hurriedly stepped down and closed the door.
 
 
 
 
After waving his hand, Kim Tan drove away; leaving Shinhye stoned at her place, watching him vanished at the corner of the road.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“Minhyuk, you are here already?” Jose asked in surprise.
 
 
 
 
Minhyuk bowed deeply. “Yes, Sir. I have these ideas.”
 
 
 
 
Jose chuckled. “Young man with fresh idea. I love that.” He started to walk toward the elevator with Minhyuk tailing him. In sudden, he stopped. “Oh my! I forgot to inform Bona about this morning meeting.” He took his phone. “I will call her.”
 
 
 
 
Minhyuk stayed silent. Guilt slowly filled his heart. Yesterday scene was playing inside his head over and over again. He literally insulted her yesterday and she.. she was hurt.
 
 
 
 
“Ah, she is here.”         
 
 
 
 
Minhyuk turned his face and found Bona walked gracefully toward them. She smiled sweetly to her mates but her smile vanished when she saw Minhyuk.
 
 
 
 
“Bona!”
 
 
 
 
 
“Morning, Mr Aquino!” She bowed politely.
 
 
 
 
“Thank God I see you here. Do you have to accompany Mr Kim to any meeting today?”
 
 
 
 
 
“No, Sir. Mr Kim is taking his day off today. Family business.” She smiled.
 
 
 
 
“Good! Come to my lounge. We will finish the blueprint today. Mr Kim wants to see it tomorrow.”
 
 
 
 
 
“Ah, I am sorry, Sir. I don’t think that is necessary.” Bona stated.
 
 
 
 
“Why?”
 
 
 
 
She glimpsed toward Minhyuk who stared back at her. “I don’t think that I can help much. I suggest you ask Heejoo-“
 
 
 
 
 
“What nonsense!” Jose cut her up. “You are the best amongst all. That is why you are chosen as Mr Kim’s assistant in the first place.” He resumed his walk to the elevator. “Give me ten minutes to brief my assistant. I will meet you guys at the lounge.”  
 
 
 
 
Bona sighed deeply then she gazed deeply to Minhyuk. “I did not ask for this. Let’s finish this professionally. I hate to let down my boss because of something silly.” Then, she also aimed for the elevator, leaving Minhyuk with troubled mind.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“OH MY GOD!! YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS TO ME KIM HYUNJOONG!!” Haeri roared when she spotted Harabeoji Kim in front of Kim Residence.
 
 
 
 
Hyunjoong laughed out loud.
 
 
 
 
“DAMN IT!!” She grabbed the wheel and tried to make a turn.
 
 
 
 
“YAAAHHH!!” Hyunjoong smacked her hands hard. “DO YOU WANT TO KILL US BOTH?”
 
 
 
 
 
“YES! IT IS BETTER FOR US TO DIE!”
 
 
 
 
 
“Silly.” Hyunjoong snapped.
 
 
 
 
“Why he is here? WHY?!”
 
 
 
 
 
“He wants to see us.”
 
 
 
 
 
“He is the one-“ Haeri felt that dizziness attacked her. “I am not feeling well. Please take me home.”
 
 
 
 
Hyunjoong grinned. “Eomoni will take a good care of you here.”
 
 
 
 
She glared toward him. “But your Harabeoji will poison me!”
 
 
 
 
Again, Hyunjoong laughed happily.
 
 
 
 
 


 
TEASER
 
"A son?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Harabeoji.. Why do you have to make this difficult?! You are not fair!"