(27) 6th Late Night

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 

It was almost midnight when Minhyuk finally yawned but kept his eyes over his mobile phone. Lee Bona when you are going to call me? He kept on wondering. She said that she might be able to finish the blueprint just before midnight. But now.. It was already five minutes to twelve.

 

He sighed deeply. Damn it! He supposed to-

 

Minhyuk stood up. Should he come to Bona's apartment? It was his job that was on risk.

 

"You are not sleeping yet?"

 

"Eh?" Minhyuk looked at Jihwan who headed to the kitchen and aimed for a glass of water. "Ehm, I am waiting for a call."

 

"From a woman?"

 

"Uhm, yes. But it is about my latest project."

 

Jihwan raised one of his brows as he drank the water. "This late?" He asked lazily.

 

"She is-"

 

Jihwan chuckled. "You don't have to explain." He cut his younger brother from explaining. "Just an advice.. Stay calm when she is finally calling you. Don't ruin the chance."

 

Minhyuk rolled his eyes.

 

Jihwan laughed and walked back to his room after putting the glass over the sink. "Good luck." He said before closing the door behind him.

 

"Tsk." Minhyuk answered then threw his body over the couch.

 

In sudden, his phone rang.

 

He directly grabbed his phone and caught Bona's name flashed on it. "How is it?" Minhyuk asked once he pressed yes button.

 

Bona giggled softly on the other side. "I am flattered. You are waiting for my call."

 

Minhyuk sighed. "I am worrying about the blueprint. I should be the one who finalize it." He snapped, unconsciously pouring his feeling out.

 

"I see. Then you should check your email. I already sent it."

 

"Really?" He stood up and headed to his room, aiming to grab his laptop.

 

"Yes. Please do finalize the blueprint. I added some. But, it still needs your touches." She yawned from the other side. "I am going to sleep first."

 

"But-"

 

"Night, Kang Minhyuk." And, she cut the call.

 

Minhyuk shook his head before he his laptop. Once the blueprint was on screen, he put all of his attention to it.

 

A minute passed by. Ten minutes. Half hour. An hour.

 

He stared to the file in awe.

 

Oh.my.God.

 

That woman was awesome. She added some? She was not just adding some! She changed it all! She reworked the flow. She put additional data. She even made it nice and proper to be shown in front of the board tomorrow.

 

Lee Bona.. I was underestimating you. Minhyuk had Bona’s beautiful face inside his mind.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Haeri moved her body a little when she felt some kind of weird warmth enveloped her from behind and ended over her stomach.  She opened her eyes a little just to notice that she was inside Hyunjoong's bedroom, over his huge bed. Without looking back, she could tell that it was Hyunjoong who slept next to her, cuddling her from behind.

 

She knew that she should be angry. That playboy took advantage from her when she was not at her senses. But- She was kinda like the situation. In addition, she felt her cheeks became a little bit warmer. This feeling was good.

Slowly, she placed her left hand over Hyunjoong's on her stomach.  He was warm.

 

"I am sorry." A whispered was heard on her ear.

 

Haeri stunned and directly released her hand from his.

 

"I am sorry for what happened, for the situation, for my family, for me." He sighed deeply. "Forgive me."

 

Haeri squinted her eyes. "What were you saying, Hyunjoong?"

 

He carefully turned her body until they were face to face. "I put you into troubles." His pointy finger trailed an imaginary line over her cheeks. "These- the tears were because of me."

 

Again, bloods rushed to Haeri's cheeks. "Nah- I was the one who set us into this fake marriage remember? Because I was being selfish. I wanted to keep the boutique and I didn’t want to disappoint my friends.” She felt totally silly and ashamed. Slowly, Haeri took her eyes from Hyunjoong and lowered her face.

 

But Hyunjoong hurriedly placed his thumb and pointy finger on her chin, lifting her face up until their eyes locked again. “I never- felt this way before-“

 

Haeri narrowed her eyes. This way? What way?
 

“Do you realize that you are like little tornado? You are ruining me.”

 

Haeri gasped in shock and her body stiffened. She was ruining him? Oh God!

 

“In a good way, Haeri.” He smiled warmly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Hyunjoong sighed deeply. How could he explain to her while he was also confused inside? “I have been thinking. I want to keep the marriage.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“Not because of my position or your boutique or the money. But-“

 

Pregnant silence enveloped them as they kept the eyes connection under the dim light. They knew that they wouldn’t be able to explain what was hidden inside their hearts. But- Together, both of them felt that their cheeks heated and their hearts beat wildly.

 

Heari cleared . “Were you suggesting other form of agreement?”

 

Hyunjoong smirked. “Yes.”

 

“Well, I am all ears.” She smiled back.

 

“First of all, I already promised you that I would be faithful and I would respect this marriage, meaning.. I will not touch any other women.” Oh he sounded creepy. How could he said that and meant it? “Secondly, I will treat you well as my wife.” He blushed furiously. Damn it, he was just like teenager! “Last, let me be your shield.”

 

Haeri gulped hard. Ok. This is super duper bizarre. Did he seriously say that?

 

“Haeri?”

 

No answer.

 

“Yah! Jung Haeri!”

 

“BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!”

 

“Damn it, Haeri!”

 

“Hmpp.. kikikikikikik.”

 

“Can’t you stop laughing?”

 

Haeri shook her head as she kept on laughing hard.

 

“Tsk! You know that you are not hurting my ego. You are hurting my pride here.”

 

“WHAT’S THE DIFFERENT?”

 

Hyunjoong smirked. “I assume, we can’t be that lovey-dovey couple, can we?”

 

Haeri raised her brows.  

 

“Right.” Hyunjoong scratched his head. Now he looked silly.

 

When Haeri’s laughter was easing down, “You are aware that I am not ready for , right?”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“I know you cannot live without having , Hyunjoong. You will die because of it.”

 

“What the heck, Haeri?!”

 

“What?”

 

“I am not that cheap!”

 

“But, you said-“

 

“I just faked it up, ok?”

 

“And, those news-“

 

“I needed to raise my popularity!”

 

“Huh?”

 

“People set their interests more toward bad things, bad news, bad behaviors. And, I like to be in fame. So..”

 

“You are pathetic.”

 

“No, I am not. That was the most effective way. Because of it, I became famous and people started to pay their attentions to the company.” He smiled when he remembered the past. “Because of it, I was able to multiple it.”

 

“But, those women- They were- Both of you- Hotel after hotel. Bar after bar.”

 

“Yeah.. I kinda admit that I like that kind of lifestyle.”

 

“See!”

 

“But, I already gave you my promise. Won’t you believe me?”

 

“Hm..” Would she ever believe in him? But again, since he was with her. He was ok. “Alright.”

 

Hyunjoong smirked. “So?”

 

“So what?”

 

“Won’t you give me your promises?”

 

“What promises?”

 

“That you will avoid the bastard, that you will keep your distance from his brother, that you will treat me well as your husband, that-“

 

“YAHH!!”

 

“What? Come on! Being fair Haeri.”

 

“Look.. I agree to all beside Minhyuk. He is my bestfriend, my brother. I never look at him the way you suspect me to.”

 

“But-“

 

“No.”

 

“But you will keep your hands off him.”       

 

Haeri sighed deeply. “Ok.”

                                       

“Ok.” That was enough. For now. “Then, we are going to keep this marriage? I will protect you from Harabeoji.”

 

Haeri nodded slightly.

 

Hyunjoong seriously couldn’t contain himself. He smiled widely.

 

Haeri yawned.

 

Slowly, Hyunjoong helped in turning her body. Again, he pulled her close to his chest and enveloped her petite body from behind. “Let’s sleep.” He kissed her shoulder tenderly.

 

And, how could she sleep with him treating her like that? In sudden her sleepiness vanished.