(5) 1st Morning

It takes TWO TO TANGO

 

 
"Wake up! Wake up, young lady!"

"Uhmm.."
Haeri stirred in her sleep. But, instead of waking up, she changed her position and covered herself with blanket even more.

"Hey! Wake up!"

Haeri snapped her eyes open when the person who was waking her up shook her body forcefully. Feeling totally irritated, she turned her face fast, "What are-" She hold her tongue.

A middle aged woman with neatly combed brown hairs and glasses eyed to her carefully, examining, studying and undressing her, literally. "Who are you?" Her voice was sharp and serious. "Where is Hyunjoong?"

Where? Ohhhh.. Shoot! Haeri hurriedly stood up and rushed to the bathroom, unlocking and opening it slowly. She walked in and found Hyunjoong slept over the floor peacefully. "Moron!" She hissed. "Take the bathtub!" She kneeled and shook Hyunjoong's body. "Mr Kim.. Your Nanny is here. I think."

Hyunjoong did not give any reactions. He stayed still.

"Eh, dead already?" She wondered.

"He is not dead. He just sleeps like death person."

Haeri turned her face carefully and saw the fine lady stood behind her. "I see." She mumbled. Of course he was sleeping like death person. He slept at two or three in the morning after partying all night long. Well, he was drunk.

"You locked him inside the bathroom. Why?"

Eh? Haeri swallowed hard. Dammit! Did she allow answering because the man was such a pain in the for her last night? He forced her to move in at such inappropriate time. But, she didn't think that was wise. "Hmm.. He was drunk, stink and ugly?" She whispered.

But, apparently her answer wasn't low enough for the lady. Hearing her, the lady narrowed her eyes. "Drunk? Stink? And, Ugly?"

Haeri seriously wanted to shake her head. But, it seemed that the head had its own will. She nodded with passion. Bad! BAD HEAD!! I would cut you off later! Haeri made a mental promise.



The lady looked at Haeri intently before laughed out loud.


Haeri squinted her eyes. Heh? What was wrong with her? Haeri believed that she just insulted the greatest Kim Hyunjoong. Or the nanny simply agreed that he wasn't that great after all?

"You were the first."

Haeri tilted her head. "What first?"

"The first woman who said that way about him. That bad, huh?"


Haeri snorted. "You have no idea!" Seeing the lady changed her expression, Haeri hurriedly amended her statement. "But.. Hmm.. No offense, Mrs. It was not that you couldn't teach him right. Hm.." Haeri scratched her head. Pabo! Stop the talking, Haeri! She was that man's Nanny. Insulting him meant insulting her.

The lady sighed and smiled slightly. "That's fine. Sometimes, Hyunjoong was acting too much. He is almost thirty for nothing, huh?"

Haeri laughed nervously.

"So, how do you know him? How long both of you know each other?"

"Hmm.."
Haeri glimpsed at sleeping Hyunjoong. He used his jacket as his pillow. "Do we have to talk about it now? Shouldn't you think that we have to move him first?"

"Oh, right."


Haeri grabbed Hyunjoong's arm. "Hey!"

"My son is heavy. Let me get help."
The lady walked away while Haeri froze.


WHAT THE HELL?! SON?! SHE WAS NOT THE NANNY?!


Haeri smacked her elbow to Hyunjoong's stomach, hard.

"Ugh!" Hyunjoong groaned in pain. Finally. He gave reaction.

Once he opened his eyes, Haeri held his face with both hand. "Your Eomma is here!" She said in a very dramatic way, wide eyes and sharp hiss voice. "You said the one who would come was your nanny!"

"Eomma? Oh."
Hyunjoong rubbed his face with one hand.

"What should-"


BRAK!


"You are awake?" Mrs Kim and the last night driver stood near the door. They looked at Haeri and Hyunjoong with huge smiles.

Haeri hurriedly released her hands from Hyunjoong and stood up. Holy ! This was awful. Haeri cursed silently over and over again. ! She kicked Hyunjoong's waist unconsciously.

"OW! Why did you kick me?!" Hyunjoong shouted.

Why did you kick me?! You brought me to this very awkward situation, thank you very much! Haeri felt the urgency to reward Hyunjoong with another kick if she didn't catch Mrs Kim's amuse expression.

"Ah, I don't mean that." Haeri said sweetly as she leaned down to help Hyunjoong standing up. "Are you ok?"

"Am I ok? Do you seriously ask me that?!"
Hyunjoong asked in annoyed. "Gosh! You are unbelievable woman!" He threw his hand around Haeri's shoulders for support. Again, Haeri was about to shove him away if she didn't aware that Mrs Kim, the Eomma, was there.

"Bed." Haeri murmured as she helped Hyunjoong walked.

"My whole body is hurt." Hyunjoong rubbed his waist.

"You deserve it!" Haeri hissed.

"Your name, young lady? I believe I haven't known it. You haven't told me." Mrs Kim stated.

Haeri's body stiffened. Her grab over Hyunjoong's waist tightened. In snap, Hyunjoong noticed that she was nervous. Totally. In silence, Haeri helped him sat at the edge of the bed but had no wish to turn her body and face Mrs Kim. Instead, she stared at Hyunjoong, asking for help.

Getting no answer from Haeri, Mrs Kim looked at her son. "Hyunjoong?"

Haeri pouted and gave signals with her eyes. Hyunjoong smirked and entwined his fingers with Haeri's. "She is my wife, Eomma. Kim Haeri."












Pure silent.












Hyunjoong smiled widely toward nervous Haeri then his Eomma. No way out now, Missy. Oops! No way out now, cute and wifey.. He chuckled.

Wife? Mrs Kim widened her eyes in disbelief and looked closely to Haeri's back, Hyunjoong's face and back to Haeri's back. No way! Wife?? She thought that Haeri was just Hyunjoong's other woman. She knew that her son was a hard player.

"Ugh!" Little groan was heard from the driver. He was pinching himself continuously, unbelieving the news.


"Wife?"

Hyunjoong nodded. He tugged Haeri to sit next to him. But still, she had no courage to look up and faced Mrs Kim. "She is lovely, right?" Hyunjoong caressed Haeri's cheek.

Haeri's face reddened. A little bit embarrassed. A little bit pissed up. He touched her! Dammit!


"But-"

"She is shy, Eomma. I promise for not introducing her to the family until she is ready."


Gosh! He was good! Haeri glimpsed to Hyunjoong then to Mrs Kim, accidentally met her eyes to hers. She gulped hard. Too late for taking or hiding the sight now. Haeri smiled shyly and nervously. She stood up. "Good to see you, Mrs Kim." And, bowed deeply.


Mrs Kim blinked her eyes several times, trying to collect her sanity. "Wife?" She mumbled and walked away, heading toward the door.

The driver followed through in silent. He kept on glimpsing to Hyunjoong and Haeri and tried to memorize their last night conversation. Yeah.. They did mention about marriage, husband and wife. So, they were husband and wife alright. Poor you, lady. That man was a two side’s coin. Great in business but totally in serious relationship. I prayed for your strength. The driver couldn't help to pity her.




Once Mrs Kim and the driver vanished. Haeri smacked Hyunjoong's head. "Nanny you said?"

Hyunjoong laughed and rubbed his head. "If I said my Eomma, you would go away!" He dropped his back to the bed. "Here! Sleep beside me, Mrs Kim."

"Stupid!"
Haeri kicked his foot, earning a light "Ow!" From Hyunjoong. "Gosh! You drag me into hell!"

"Oh no, Wifey! I drag you into heaven. Welcome to Kim's Family."

"I am cursed! Can't you just-"

"No, I can't!"

"Minhyuk was right."

"Please don't mention other man's name around me, my family or friends. That will bring bad impression."

"Whatever."




 



"I called your Appa. He will be here this afternoon."

"Eomma~"

"Minseo will be here too."

"NO! NOT HER!"
Hyunjoong shouted.

"Oh, don't be over dramatic!" Mrs Kim stated.

Haeri narrowed her eyes. Who? Appa? Minseo? Who was she? His Unnie? His dongsaeng? His lover? Aish! How could you forget to google all about him, his family and friends? Pabo! Haeri mocked her own self. Internet for her was solely for tracking latest fashion style not some gossips.

"But.. this afternoon? I thought they were at France?"

"No. They are at Tokyo."

"Aish!"
Hyunjoong sinked his body more to the couch while Haeri lost in the conversation. Catching Haeri's confused expression, Hyunjoong asked silently. Didn't she know anything about me? So, I was not that famous after all, huh?

Mrs Kim stood up. "Family dinner. Both of you should come."

Haeri swiftly stared to Hyunjoong. Family dinner? Oh, shoot! Hyunjoong grinned as he stood up, bringing Haeri with him. Family dinner? That would be fun.

Mrs Kim watched Hyunjoong and Haeri exchanged secret glimpses in silent. Suddenly, a loud pang attacked her heart. Oh my! "Hyunjoong, I hope this is not your way to keep your position at AMBlitz."


Hyunjoong stunned. BUSTED!!


Heh? Haeri tilted her head as she looked at Hyunjoong. What? Keep his position? What was that suppose to mean?


"This marriage is real. Right?"


Hyunjoong and Haeri gulped hard at the same time.


"Marriage is not something you can play with. You vow in front of God."


Oh no!


It was Hyunjoong who was able to gather his mind faster than Haeri. While guilt washed Haeri's heart fully, Hyunjoong had something in his mind. He grabbed Haeri's waist and pulled her closer to him. "This marriage is real, Eomma."

Huh? What? Haeri looked up to him.


"Kim Haeri is my wife." And, he leaned in to press his lips onto hers.

Hyunjoong and Haeri shoot their eyes open the moment their lips met. They felt a strong electricity jolt crashed them wholly. What? What was that? Again, before Haeri recover from her shock, Hyunjoong closed his eyes and moved his lips, claiming her lips softly. He placed his palms on Haeri's cheeks, adding the ownership sensation.

Mrs Kim gasped shortly, seeing how her son kissed his wife lovingly. She was different. He treated him differently. She could tell.

Hyunjoong noticed that Haeri didn't kiss him back. Unwillingly, he broke the kiss. Her lips tasted sweeter than others. Her lips were softer than others. Did she have lips too? Or..


"Uhum!" Mrs Kim cleared , earning Hyunjoong and Haeri's attention. "Ok. I got your message. Be there at seven." And, off she went.










"Well.. That was close." Hyunjoong released himself from Haeri.

Swiftly, Haeri turned her body and walked into Hyunjoong's bedroom. She slammed the door close harshly, causing a loud bang. She couldn't continue the lie. She knew that she just couldn't.

Hyunjoong smirked widely and grabbed his phone, dialing his speed number.

"Lee!"

"Bona, do me a favor."




 




Click.

“I already deposit Fifty Millions Won. Thanks for the kiss. It convinced my Eomma.” Hyunjoong walked in slowly.

“You are a sick bastard! I told you for not touching me.” Haeri lifted her bag and walked out from the room in fast manner. She was determined for not continuing the deal. They just spent a night together and he already kissed her. How about a day? Two days? Three weeks? She just knew she couldn't trust him. One day, he would desire her body. Oh, she was not safe!

“Hey, where are you going?” Hyunjoong followed her.

“Forget about our deal. This is all over. I don’t need your money! I will hand it back to you as soon as possible. Luckily I haven't used it.” Haeri hissed in anger. Oh ! She did use it to treat her friends. Ah, he wouldn't notice if she transfered less than she should.

"No! Wait!" Hyunjoong grabbed Haeri's hand. "You can't just call it off. This marriage will bring benefits for both of us."

Haeri shook her head. "Not me. Just you."

"Do you seriously want to give up your boutique? Doing nothing while the bank taking it from you?"


Damn it! Don't say that! Haeri narrowed her eyes. "I don't-"

"I know it all, Haeri. I know all about your problems. Don't deny it."

"Did you check on me?"

"You are my wife. I did a background check on you."


Haeri snorted and shoved Hyunjoong's hand from hers. "Background check?"

Hyunjoong nodded and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Figured." Haeri mumbled. "Eh, your Eomma said about your position at AMBlitz. What's that? What's that mean?"

Hyunjoong chuckled and dropped his body over the single couch. He opened his legs widely and pressed his back to the seat. "I became CEO in training for AMBlitz when I was 21. I became the real CEO when I was 27, three years ago. You see.. I work hard and play harder."

"Play harder?"

"Partying and women."


Haeri gasped. "You slept with your woman employees?"

Hyunjoong laughed. "My workers are off limit for me, Haeri. There are lots other outside, you know. And, I didn't just around. I made them my girlfriend first."

Haeri scoffed. "Should I say, that was a very thoughtful of you?" She said cynically.

Again, Hyunjoong laughed. "I guess so."

"Tsk!"

"Anyway.."
Hyunjoong closed his eyes while Haeri slowly sat at the couch in front of Hyunjoong. "I will turn thirty next week. And, if I am not married, Appa will take my position away."

"Huh?"

"He will force me to leave AMBlitz."

"Can he do that?"
Haeri asked slowly.

"Yes. He is the owner anyway."

"Oh."
Haeri thanked God that he already transfered Four Hundred and Fifty Million Won to her account. If not.. The touching that he did at the hotel, the kiss.. That would be useless.

Then, their eyes met.

"We can do this, Haeri. We can make it works. I need you as my wife. And, you need my money."

Haeri sighed heavily. Yeah.. She needed the money and AM Mall. She wouldn't be able to enter AM Mall if Hyunjoong didn't interfere, that was for sure. “Just.. Don’t you ever kiss me again!”

 
Hyunjoong smirked and moved forward. “That’s too bad. You lips tasted great and it’s seriously soft.”

 
Haeri stood up. “I am leaving.”

 
“Ok! Ok!” Hyunjoong also stood up. “Don’t be mad. I was just teasing you.”

 
“I am serious, Mr Kim.”

 
“Mr Kim? I am not my Appa. Call me Hyunjoong, or Oppa, or Hubby.”

 
“No, I won’t.”

 
Hyunjoong sighed. This woman was hard. Usually, women threw their selves to him and stick with him until he pushed them away. But, not her. “Hyunjoong. Call me Hyunjoong, ok? You are acting wife to me. Not my employee, literally. Even though, I pay you to.”

 
Haeri rolled her eyes. “Fine.” She lifted her bag again.

 
“One more thing.”

 
“Hm?”

 
“Was that your first kiss?” He smirked playfully. “That was awful.”

 
Haeri threw her bag to Hyunjoong, making him hit the floor hard with Haeri’s bag on top of him.